Implementing A Pokemon Map Tracker

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WitherSlayer1, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe So

4. I would like to add something.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WitherSlayer1

WitherSlayer1 Active Member

So we all know you guys have a Pokemon GO map which can locate wild Pokemon near you. Which I think is a great idea. But, why don't you add this to the Minecraft server? You have a online map to show you all the details and city areas, but no Pokemon tracker. I know I know, you have the near tracker that showes you nearby Pokemon but that is if you are lucky there at the exact time. It may add a bit of a downfall to trying to find Pokemon and have the discovery to yourself but what if you had to unlock blueprints doing battles/questlogs? A ton of people usually gather up around to wait for a Bagon or Rare Pokemon to spawn and it causes a huge riot! This will calm down players a bit more and for the people that wanna "Collect Em' All" they certainly can!
    Reason 2:
    Even though the Discord "rare-spawns" chat is a excellent idea I tend to miss it, it's a rustle people usually post it with at most 3 minutes left and you have to type /lobby, then go to the next Gen, pick a lobby, TPA, and poof it's gone. I think most users can agree. Also, if there is a Pokemon that spawns, I am usually eating or away. PokeFind is something for my freetime, same with video games in general. I have homework and education. Even though I try to put as many hours on PokeFind as I can it just doesn't work, it all comes back to me at the last due date and then that one day there just so happens to be a rare.
    Why? Well so players can maximize their limited time and be able to add a bit of finding. It would be good if you showed were it was or how many where out there on this certain lobby but not the coordinates because that gives it away.
    Still Don't Understand?
    My idea is to bring in a map that you can access online to find your cute little Minecraft Pokemon's in just minutes. But it's not that easy! You will have to find Blueprints for that Pokemon from doing quests (Ex. Finish and win one entire Competitive Battle! Or, Discover the cave that beholds your blueprint! You will have to sail sea's and travel across the lands to find this cave. Also as a hint you can add what city or whatever it's near) Hopefully you understand what I'm saying, if I missed anything you would enjoy to see in this suggestion please add it! I will fiddle-lee-doo around with this Thread and see if I can make a Masterplan!

2. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

I think it would be unbelievably hard to code.

3. WitherSlayer1

Well they have done it before using Pokemon GO, using an IRL location, think of how immensely hard that would be. Also, it may not be too hard to code it's the online map that only shows you locations. Maybe a bit more use out of it? Anyway, I get what you are saying, thanks for commenting! <3

4. UV_Hail

UV_Hail Well-Known Member

The idea sounds cool, but like Voultronix said, it would be incredibly difficult to code. I understand that it's been done with Pokemon Go, but Pokemon go is a game that involves many developers and is coded much differently to how Pokefind is. Pokefind is much more limited in terms of resources and coding what you have mentioned above would be challenging. From a different perspective, I find being able to catch a Pokemon reported by the player base on discord in the server to be very rewarding, especially if its a rare Pokemon. Having a bot that automatically notifies you if there are Pokemon in specific servers would take away a fairly large chunk of the feeling of accomplishment, especially since rare-pokemon won't be as rare if there's a bot constantly reporting them. Even more so, it subtracts from the idea of a community, as when people report rare-spawns, they're helping others and notifying them of Pokemon that they would not otherwise have been able to know about. For Pokemon Go, the tracker idea is very helpful as the game is usually played alone or in a group of people, in which you actually have to physically move to go places. In that case, knowing where things are can turn out to be extremely helpful as travelling takes time. When it comes to the Pokefind server, simply knowing that a Pokemon has spawned means that you know where it is automatically, as all it takes is a couple of keyboard clicks to reach the very few places that the rare-pokemon can spawn in. (For example, something like Aron will only spawn in Ironview and Arc City in gen 3, knowing that there is a wild Aron is all you need to get to it in less than a minute) For now I think that although the idea could be useful, it would subtract quite a bit of the experience that you have looking for pokemon with your friends. :)

5. WitherSlayer1

That's what I was thinking of also, but maybe if you do one quest and get a blueprint you can track it only once, but then that makes it even harder to code. But even coming from a pre-advanced coder myself, that's what they are there for, it's not like they only have 1-2 months to do it, they have as long as they want (obviously before the server shuts down though) But I see what your saying this is beyond hard to do this and it subtracts a point towards the game, so agreed.

6. ProfessorFox

ProfessorFox Member

Interesting idea, but there are a few issues despite the challenge of code. Granted yes it was done for pokemon go, but in pokemon go the pokemon spawn with or without a player present where as the server's pokemon don't spawn unless a player is present and in the right town. I do like the idea of blue prints, but ultimately the closest form of a online pokemap Id see possible is basically an automatic form of the rare spawns chat. Even that would be difficult since ultimately the pokes are just armor stands. I love the idea don't get me wrong, but it is just I don't see it being as efficient as pokemon go's

7. WitherSlayer1

Agreed.

8. fedarius

fedarius Active Member

Would be EXTREMELY hard to code all the areas and little details on the map. Why do you need another map when you have the tracker already.

9. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

Thread Locked Due To Necroposting