Legendary Spawn Event

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JFan, Aug 10, 2018.

?

Should there a Legendary Spawn event?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JFan

JFan Crazy Active Member

Dear Pokefind Team,
    I knew that only LEGEND rank can get legendary Pokémon, but this is a bit unfair to some players that cant avoid to buy ranks, thier father or mother doesn't let them to purchase in game things for in real life moneys or other reasons, so I hope there will be a Legendary spawn event that last a week to give the players chance to catch Legendary Pokémons.

JFan

2. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

Sounds cool, maybe a chance at getting one of the gen 2 legendary dogs like Suicune, Raikou, Entei? Or the regi's?

AlmightyPiLord and JFan like this.
  3. JFan

JFan Crazy Active Member

Might be like regi's or there will spawn some legendary by chance

4. AlmightyPiLord

AlmightyPiLord Crazy Active Member

I like this idea! Although, I think some of the more powerful Legendaries like Rayquaza and Mewtwo should stay Legend exclusive, since many legends choose these Pokémon so it may upset many Legend players. Having too many powerful Legendaries running around may also be unfavorable. As suggested above, the events should probably stick to not as powerful Legendaries, like the legendary beasts and Regis. Perhaps there should also be an event for the Eon Duo?

5. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

I don't think they should spawn in the wild .. Probably a quest would be fair

6. UmmMinez

UmmMinez Member

Exactly. Newer players could just catch the legend pokemon and have it really easy.

7. JFan

JFan Crazy Active Member

Spawn like mew/Celebi these kind of not so op pokemons

8. Voultronix

People still paid $200 for those Pokemon so no.mythic /legendary Pokemon should be earned through quests and not randomly spawned in the wild... it's too easy then

9. fedarius

fedarius Active Member

I don't know if I like this idea. Legend ranks ( 200$ ) may be think they have been ripped off or something because only that rank can get free legendary pokemon.

10. Roanark

Roanark New Member

Technically no since they had the limited time Legendary Bird quest and what the OP is suggesting doesn't exactly sound free in the same way that Legend ranks gets theirs. With a quest, there's still actually the time investment in it and making sure you have a team that can beat the NPCs associated with it. Also I'll just point out that events like that help to incentives people into buying stuff. By giving a quest for a sample legendary (so to speak) it provides a taste of the the other legendaries/mythics and just makes Pokefind look more customer friendly (worth spending on).

But yeah, back on topic, I think a legend quest for one of the legendary dogs would be nice since the basic trio legends tend to be of less significance than the box legendaries/mythics and given that Gen 2 has been out for almost a year and a half now. Not to mention Gen 2 could really use some more quests just in-general.

11. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

I agree, luckily it was revealed by ProfessorHemlock publically on the server a couple weeks back that there will be a legendary quest to recieve a dog ;).

12. Roanark

Roanark New Member

Ah ok, just barley got my PC fixed a few days ago, so I didn't notice it. Sweet news! ^u^

13. fletch_g

fletch_g New Member

I think we should do a quest for legendarys

14. Voultronix

Well legendary dogs has been hinted and confirmed but that aside even if people invest time and not money thats still free. Pokefind wouldnt survive just on loyal players but on paying players. I know lots of people who wouldn't spend money on legends if they could get them for free..

15. Roanark

Roanark New Member

Yeah, RainbowTeletubi mentioned that the other day up above. ^u^

I think that all just depends on the amount of time and effort. If you're just doing a / command or going to a place and a NPC gives you something (with little to no prerequisite), then yeah I'd agree that that's free. But if you're doing a multi-step hours long quest where you're using your resources and strategy to get to a point where you have a one-chance attempt at catching a legendary (that has the possibility of dying and you getting nothing out of it), then no. I don't view that as free, that's earned.

And I never said anything about just giving everything away. I'm talking about offering a quest for a former Gen Legendary that's not one of the core focused legendaries. As for other part, I'll just say that a little act of goodwill like this upcoming legendary quest goes a long way at making someone a paying player. Some people might spend some on the store because they feel more trust in the server, because they view the legendary as saving some money and can invest the cost they would have had to pay on something else on the store, because they want to buy rare candies to spike up their Pokemon to be able attempt it or try some strat on a part they're stuck on, because they want to buy the riding feature to go with their new Legendary dog, or simply because they want to send a thank you tip. :)

16. Terrier_Paws

Terrier_Paws Moderator Staff Member Moderator

In a quest would be a better idea but make it so it’s a better catch rate for players