A little help with optifine?

Discussion in 'Help' started by MysticMusician, Dec 7, 2017.

1. MysticMusician

MysticMusician New Member

I am very sorry if I post a thread in the wrong place but since you have faced similar matters as I have seen lately, I wanted to ask if you could help me:
    This does not have to do with the server but the optifine itself... You see i introduced the server to a friend of mine that is a pokemon fan and wanted to live pokemon again but in minecraft... I told him to download optifine since it gives a boost in performance. When the file downloaded, the installation button was grayed out and it could not be pressed. He had played before with the desired version of Minecraft but the button could not be clicked. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Again I am sorry if i posted this in the wrong place....

2. Professor Willow

Professor Willow New Member

This may Help

Step 1: Download the Optifine 1.10+ Installer

Visit the link below and download the 1.10+ version
    OptiFine Downloads

OptiFine - Minecraft performance tuning and advanced graphics

Step 2: Activate the Installer

Click on the installer you just downloaded. This should automatically install the new Optifine for Minecraft 1.10+. It will also create a profile in your Minecraft launcher called "Optifine".

Step 3: Start Minecraft and Select Optifine Profile

Open up your MC launcher and select the Optifine profile. Once selected your should see somethin like "Minecraft Optifine 1.10" in the bottom right hand corner.

Note

If you have trouble opening the downloaded file, open it with Java.