Add a Event or Quest for starter pokemon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MasterofGamin, Feb 15, 2018.

1. MasterofGamin

MasterofGamin New Member

I think adding a Event or Quest for Starter pokemon will be cool because you can get another starter pokemon from the 1-3 generations because someone might need a starter pokemon to complete their
    Pokedex or something else also its a one chance time to finally get a new starter pokemon because the only way to get starters is only from trading or from eggs and i think a event or quest for starter pokemon
    will be good because you don't have to worrie about getting scammed for trading for a starter or getting the wrong starter pokemon or getting a pokemon that you didn't want that wasn't a a starter in eggs thats why you should add a Event or Quest For Starter Pokemon

2. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

The whole point of a starter Pokemon is to have one. Plus if you get to lvl 30 you get another in gen 2. It wouldn't make sense to do a quest to get another because you'e only supposed to receive one. Plus there are plenty of egged starters to trade for. Not 2 mention obtaining another starter is a mid tier rank perk

3. Roanark

Roanark New Member

Except, in the games it's been a common occurrence since gen 3 to offer other starters as post game content. It's more of a way for collectors to help finish off their Pokedex.

You get a new starter because it essentially amounts to a new "game". While you don't start over, there were attempts to discourage using Pokemon above your Trainer lvl's limit by making it so you're unable to select them (Gen 2) or just having the obedience system (Gen 3) .

Your first statement here kind of works against your point in rank perk. If it's so arbitrary to obtain the other starters then why would it be a problem in terms of rank perks?

Also, would the introduction of a quest to get a 2nd starter postgame in a generation really negatively impact the appeal that badly when you think about it? You'd be given the standard starter at the beginning and the 2nd from finishing a quest that reasonably would be post game, which comes out to being only 2 of the 3 starters. People with at least the Elite rank would still have the benefit of having their default and rank based starter right off the bat and not have to worry about trading for their 3rd one if they do the quest for it.

Bear in mind that Pokefind has already somewhat implemented something like this
    in Gen 3 with the "Bitter Rivals Part 9 Quest" that you get Blaziken (not sure you get different starter final evos depending on your starter choice or not) as a reward.

4. MasterofGamin

MasterofGamin New Member

Voultronix some people can scam with egged starters what if they cant buy a rank and get a starter i know we can get a starter in gen 2 and gen 3 Roanark i know they kinda did it but you only get a blazekin when you beat the quest so you dont really get to choose your starter when you beat the quest and if they do a quest for starter you would choose another starter from the 1-3 gen instead of getting 1 starter that you either have or dont want

5. WitherSlayer1

WitherSlayer1 Active Member

I think this is a great idea! I would love it if you add to be max level to just attemp this challenge. I would personally think if you put that much dedication into leveling up, you should get the next Generation starter.

6. Roanark

Roanark New Member

I think you might have misunderstood what I was saying. When I was talking to Voultronix and brought up the quest, I was doing so in pointing it out in the sense that it's already being played with. As in, if it's about trying to preserve the starter Pokemon perks of mid rank and up then it's already in essence been played with in terms of the context of Gen 3. But yet it's still a valid perk because without it you'd only get 2 of the 3 starters in Gen 3 without trading, while mid ranks and up have access to them all. So there's room for quests like what you're proposing while it not taking away from people with ranks (even potentially adding more to everyone in general).

Also I like the the idea of more quests just for the simple fact that it could be used to help disperse the population into other Generations (particularly Gen 2 which has been fairly barren since Gen 3) both now and after future generations have been released.

7. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

But one of the perks of expert is being able to pick a second starter which, yes would mean you still havev1 above normal players but still effectively the same opportunity. I'l admit that if this quest were to be implemented it should be done at lvl 50 in gen 2 as gen 2 is currently lacking content and players.