Best moveset for Dragonite nature Jolly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CroCopEX, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CroCopEX

CroCopEX New Member

So mine question is what is Dragonite best moveset, mine is nature Jolly.
    Jolly-increased Speed, decreased Sp. Attack.
    So if someone know what move or moves will be good for that Dragonite i don't want to miss them and put wrong ones.

He is currently lvl 39.

2. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Member

Well, according to this movepool: https://pokefind.co/wiki/index03a7.php , I would say that a moveset like this one below would be good..

Outrage/Aqua Tail/Dragon Dance/Roost

Not sure if you would be able to learn roost though, but certainly the other moves, as long as the dragonite already knows aqua tail. In terms of ev training, you have 2 main options. You can run with a 252atk/252speed spread, or you can run a more bulky spread, something like 252HP/128def/128Atk (maybe speed in place of attack, more of a preference there). I would prefer the atk/speed spread considering you are using a jolly nature (very lucky, btw).

Also, you could consider playing agility in place of dragon dance or as a backup to aqua tail or roost. With jolly and agility with full speed evs, I'd have thought with one or two boosts, you'll be outspeeding almost anything.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  3. CroCopEX

CroCopEX New Member

So i was dumb and didn't put aqua tail i was thinking that is special attack and not physics, so do you have any advice for me? I hope for TM soon to fix that :)

4. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Member

I guess you could put agility in there for aqua tail for now. That is probably the best option. Alternatively, a dragon-type special attack might help because dragonite still has a decent-ish special attack stat.

5. BlockBustingKing

BlockBustingKing New Member

WELL you could have him learn flamethrower to counter ice types then have a poisen pokemon to counter fairy moves
    my dragonites move set and nature
    nature: jolly
    moves: flamethrower,baton pass, dragon tail, stone edge
    this is TM made i taught these moves using TM,s (execpt dragon tail he self taught himself) ----> (insert lenny face here) <------
    :cool: DEAL
    WITH
    IT DRAGONITE SUCKS
    xD
    that move set is the best one BUT HE STILL SUCKs
    #hashtag
    #mewtwo
    #mega
    #y
    #y u mad
    this is mewtwo against a dragonite (mega mewtwo lv 100) :cool: mewtwo: RUN U WIMP
    dragonite: bai :eek:
    xD
    #MEWTWO DA ONE

6. BlockBustingKing

i hope you learn r leason wait... lemme play this battle via my 2 NINTENDO DS'S
    ook so mewtwo mega evolves then uses ice beam then dragonite swiches mewtwo for lapras lapras uses perish sonng dragonite swiches out for charizard charizard mega evolves lapras dies of suicide via heal wish mewtwo comes in meaga evolved mewtwo uses pshytrike and kos charixzard dragonite uses stone edge on mewtwo mewtwo uses ice beam to kill him2 gg mewtwo winns brb... ok back jjust turnet my ds off

7. BlockBustingKing

8. XxElderManxX

XxElderManxX New Member

My Dragonite has Roost.