Having the word "cancer" filtered out in chat filter

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SuperSmacker, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSmacker

SuperSmacker New Member

Recently I got muted for an hour saying something is cancer... i didn't know that saying something is cancer is inappropriate behavior. Which is why i suggest adding "cancer" to the chat filter.
    Pros -
    People wont say cancer. People know it's not allowed
    Cons -
    Not rly anything, since it's not like you would ever need to say the word cancer unless u want to use it the way i got muted for...

2. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Just because cancer affects 1 in 4 people so it' insensitive to use it innapropriately

3. xArcuz

xArcuz Active Member

In one way I agree with you, however, it should be obvious that speaking of this topic in public is very inappropriate.

4. ItsDemo_

ItsDemo_ Well-Known Member

Certain words and phrases used on the internet are not appropriate for PokeFind. As we try to be a family friendly server we try keeping any form of insensitive words and phrases from being used on the server.

5. XD001ShadowLugia

XD001ShadowLugia Active Member

Ty another reason why people are getting muted for filter bypass saying f doesnt mean the cuss word it could mean frigrator or fire or flareon or anything that starts with f not the cuss word #pokefindtoostrict

6. ItsDemo_

ItsDemo_ Well-Known Member

It depends on the context of how they use the word. Saying F in chat by its self is usually ok. But saying other things that would portray it as a curse word is not ok.

7. cuddlycreeper98

cuddlycreeper98 Goddess of Animals / Ex Staff Manager-Senior Mod

Pokefind is a kid friendly server. Although not every word we coin as inappropriate is filtered, it does not mean that you are able to say it, especially if directed towards another player ( Ex. "You're cancer!" ) or saying something inappropriate in general ( Ex. "Dragonite is cancer" ). Adding cancer to be a censored word would be nice to have, though we would still have people bypassing the censor to use it in inappropriate ways. Thank you for the good suggestion! :D