Pokéfind Mini-Game idea #1: Pokémon Hunt

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CowlessTheEpic, Apr 14, 2019.

?

Pick two of each response, please.

1. The mini-game shouldn't be added

20.0%
  2. The mini-game should be added

80.0%
  3. The mini-game is too complex, and should be simplified.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The mini-game is understandable

80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CowlessTheEpic

CowlessTheEpic New Member

Pokéfind Mini-games Gamemode

Mini-Game: Pokémon Hunt

Pokémon Hunt - This game would be similar to Farm Hunt. There will be a “Hunter” team, and a “Pokémon” team. There are 10-12 different Pokémon species to disguise as. Non-player Pokémon would remain immobile and act just like wild Pokémon in world, except they do nothing. They just look and stare at you if you’re near. There would be 2 minutes to find these Player-Pokémon. Pokémon win if the timer runs out; Hunters win if all Pokémon are caught. Player-Pokémon that are caught respawn as hunters.

When players on the Pokémon team disguise as another Pokemon they gain their primary type. Ex: disguise as Charizard, you become a fire type, only a fire type, not fire/flying. What this means is each type would work like the game. If a hunter chose fire type, and the Pokémon is bug type, then the hunter will do x2 the amount of damage, but if the Pokémon is rock type, then they would deal half of the damage. And vice versa for Player-Pokémon attacking players. There are no type immunities.

= Hunter Team - Goal: Catch all the players on the Pokémon team. There would be 3 kits, each providing its own attribute, such as locating players, speeding up to catch up on players running away, and a kit to get rid of non-player Pokémon. Each hunter would also select a type to start with. Their type would be chosen at the beginning of the game and cannot be changed when the game begins. Their type would be displayed over their heads. Hunters get a bow and a sword, as well as leather armor no matter what kit is chosen, which slowly get stronger as the time limit gets smaller and smaller, which keeps the game tense.

= Pokémon Team - Goal: Survive for 2 minutes, disguised as a Pokémon. You have 3 kits, one that can turn you invisible, one that speeds you up, & one that heals you. Both effects last 5 seconds, and can only be used 3 times, with a 15 second cool down. The Pokémon would also have a sword and bow. Unlike the hunters weapons, the Pokémon weapons get stronger for each hunter they kill, which encourages a more aggressive play style. They would also get a copying wand with a cool down of 10 seconds to copy and disguise as a Pokemon. Depending on the Pokémon’s primary type, they would also get a move to use. There are 3 types of moves, Physical: knock back, Special: damage, and Status: Pokémon gets a boost for a small moment of time, or hunter gets a bad status for a small time. These moves would have 3 PP, with a 5-10 second cool down

Types:

Non-ranked: Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Fairy, Electric, Rock
    Pro: +Ice, + Bug, + Ghost
    Expert: +Fighting, + Dark, + Ground
    Elite: + Psychic, + Poison
    Champ: + Steel
    Legend: +Dragon

AlmightyPiLord likes this.
  2. AlmightyPiLord

AlmightyPiLord Crazy Active Member

Cool idea! My only concern is that this seems like a gamemode that is reliant on a lot of people playing it. Similar to PokéWars, if people don’t play it, then it can’t be played. If people find it great to play and if there are recent updates, I believe this could be a good gamemode.

3. JolteonRoyalty

JolteonRoyalty New Member

Could be in the same lobby as Pokemurder for more variety. Sounds fine.

4. iC_Braden

iC_Braden Member

sounds super cool something i would play for sure all though almighty has a very good point but like i said i like the i like the idea keep them coming :)