Pokemon Go Update!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SwagLikePikachu, Jun 21, 2017.

1. SwagLikePikachu

SwagLikePikachu New Member

In case anyone was wondering, the new Pokemon Go update was released TODAY. I am super excited for it. I will briefly explain what has been updated but more information can be found here: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/raids
    Basically, the layout of Gyms have been changed - they no longer run by prestige and training. Only 6 pokemon can be added to a gym and there are already 6 slots for the pokemon - you don't need to train up the gym to add a new pokemon. Only ONE pokemon of the same type can be added to a Gym - E.g only one Tyranitar in a gym.
    Pokemon in gyms lose motivation when they are defeated in a gym battle. You can use certain types of berries to raise their motivation back up. When they lose motivation, the pokemon's CP is decreased for the challenger. Don't worry it does not permantly lower their CP, just while they are in the gym. You can also gain items from Gyms now, like pokestops. RAIDS - This is what I am looking forward to the most. When a raid is going to happen, and egg will appear above the gym with a countdown. When the timer gets to zero a raid will begin. Up to 20 trainers can work together to defeat the raid boss, which is extremely powerful - Around 20,000CP. You need a RAID PASS to participate but these can be gained from Gyms for FREE everyday. If you beat the raid boss within 5 minutes, a Powerful pokemon will spawn nearby, ONLY for you and trainers that beat the raid boss. It stays there until it is caught or if it runs away (when you try to catch it). An example is Blissey.
    Gym badges can now be earned and can be levelled up too.
    Leave a Like If you, like me, are Hyped for this update!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    ToastyTunes likes this.
  2. ZombByeGod

ZombByeGod Well-Known Member

Very unexpected! Will PokeFind also change their gym system. Honestly I like the battle system that PokeFind currently has over the new one in Pokemon Go but it's their choice :D