Survival 2.0 - Player/Moderator owned Gyms

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JolteonRoyalty, Apr 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

DId you participate in Survivals, player owned gym battles during its peak?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. I got all the badges

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I only got a some of the badges

33.3%
  5. I was a gym leader :)

16.7%
  6. I only knew about Dratini island, not a Gym leader island!

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JolteonRoyalty

JolteonRoyalty New Member

-- If the Moderators of Pokefind were Gym leaders, I think that would be a great way to let them get some recognition as leaders. In this idea, Pokefind will officially designate 8 Moderators to become gym leaders and host an event for players to battle and get badges (Apricorns or some other player obtained material). Sound familiar? This has been done before by regular players like you and me in Pokesurvival but was a bit messy and incomplete. With a bit of help, Moderators will be able to create gym arenas for this event for each Leader. Defeating a monotype team from each leader is required to obtain each badge. Pokefind could help announcing the event to invite players as well as making sure players are all getting a chance to challenge the gym leaders. Some things to note are team building for gym leaders of varying difficulties. The Most difficult and least difficult leaders should vary in power enough for an increasingly harder challenge as the event goes on, but not be so vast as to make it impossible to complete within the time frame. Discords #Judge-Requests could be used within this event to challenge gym leaders while they are actively battling. Location of gyms should be user friendly but still be a challenge to find and ultimately arrive at (insert baby parkour here). Moderators could either use materials they gather themselves, or get assistance from the community. Gym leaders should be numbered and advancing requires defeating the gym before battling the other. Holding the badge in the user’s hand provides proof of badge. Badges might need to be unique and non-obtainable through any other source besides the moderators so players can not commit fraud. Moderators could share a gym to create more availability amongst leaders. I could use some help thinking of the prizing for individual badges. I could use some help thinking of Elite four mechanics. I could use some help thinking of the time this event should last as well as the time the event could be most enjoyed by players. Lastly, Pokefind should officially host this event within Survival 2.0 because I think some players would be excluded from the fun because of reasons like not knowing this is a thing, not being invited, or because they want to make their own gyms and leaders. P.S. Let’s not have like 20 Dratini islands this time kay? Thanks.

2. EspeonWildfire

EspeonWildfire New Member

I would absolutely love this!
    I really like fire type pokemon and I've always thought it would be fun to be a gym leader and give out Fireball/Wildfire badges.
    Plus, it`s a great excuse to battle :3

3. DarkEclipic

DarkEclipic Active Member

Locked due to Necroposting