Where should I train Effort Values (EVs)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZoraqPlays, Mar 5, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. ZoraqPlays

ZoraqPlays New Member

Where should I train Effort Values (EVs)?
    by ZoraqPlays

Introduction:
    Hey guys, it's ya boi Zoraq with another guide, aren't you all happy? :>
    Today I want to talk about EVs, since they have just been added to the server with the last update! I will briefly explain what they are and how they work (I mean, you can just google it and find thousands of guides about it, so..), but the thing I really want to talk about here is where to train each stat. As always, if there is something that you think I should know, or something incorrect/absent, just let me know (Zoraq#9738 on Discord) and I'll fix as soon as possible!
    That being said, let's begin with the guide!

What are Effort Values?
    As I told you, I won't explain this in depth because there is just no point with all the guides that you can find out there. This is just to let you know what we are talking about if you don't know already!

[​IMG]

"As Pokémon battle, in addition to gaining experience points they also obtain Effort Values (usually referred to as EVs), which are special hidden values in each stat (HP, Attack and so on). Each Pokémon you battle against "gives off" EVs in one or more stats. Generally, this relates to the Pokémon's strongest stat. [...]
    Every 4 EVs obtained in a particular stat equals one more point for that stat, by the time that Pokémon reaches level 100. At low levels you may not see all the points added straight away. If your Pokémon is at a high level you will see a lot of additional points going on to the appropriate stats at each level up.
    In total a Pokémon can gain 510 EVs, but only 252 in one stat."

Where should I train Effort Values?
    Now with the actual question of this guide: what's the best spot for each stat? Where should I train my Attack EVs? And what about Special Defense EVs? Well, let me try to help you!

As my last guide (How to get every single Pokémon - check it out!) I run out of space lol
    But don't you worry, Google Doc is here to help as always! Click here to open it!

For each single stat there will be the 2 best spots (in my opinion) to train EVs. It will also tell you which Pokémon you should fight in that spot, and how many EVs points it's going to give you.

[​IMG]

FTF, relux45, kratje050 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kimbap

Kimbap New Member

dope

3. ProfessorHemlock

ProfessorHemlock Professor

4. ZoraqPlays

ZoraqPlays New Member

5. Minutes

Minutes Active Member

Lol gj

6. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Member

The link basically tells you what pokemon give which evs. If you use the previous guide and that link, then this guide isnt needed really.

7. ZoraqPlays

ZoraqPlays New Member

What "previous guide" are you talking about?
    Unless that guide tells you where you should be training EV on the pokéfind server, I don't really see how this can be useless.

8. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Member

Your previous guide about where to find every pokemon obviously. The link about ev yield combined with that guide basically becomes the same as this guide does. 'Meat looks at ev yield page, finds hp evs' 'Meat looks at zoraq's where to find every pokemon post and searches for jigglypuff'. That's basically all this is. There's no point telling us where to get hp evs etc if we can just do what I mentioned.

9. ZoraqPlays

ZoraqPlays New Member

The fact is that with this guide I've done that for you.
    I've already looked up all the Pokémon and I came up with locations where it's faster to EV train every stat. You can obviously do the work by yourself, but you must admit that looking for Pokémon that give the EV points that you need, then search every single one on the Pokédex guide and then come up with spot where a lot of them spawn is more time consuming that just opening that Google Doc and read.
    It's good to see that this is the response that I get by just trying to help the community.

10. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Member

Ever heard of ctrl+F? Might wanna try it someday. Saving a FEW seconds of someone's time really doesn't matter. And we are talking about a few seconds, not a few minutes. That's how easy it is to find all this out. The margin is so small there is no point in doing the guide.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  11. ZoraqPlays

ZoraqPlays New Member

"ctrl+F" can help you finding the Pokémon you are looking for in the Pokédex guide, but what about the next part? How can you come up with 2 good EV training locations per each stat in a few seconds? You should make me a guide about that because I feel like I'm missing out on something here..

12. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Member

Sort by the stat you want on the ev yield page, then pick a gen 1 pokemon. Then go onto the pokedex page, do ctrl+F, search for that gen 1 pokemon and boom. Location and evs done. Very quick, doesnt require you to do a whole guide which saves a few seconds. Like come on, who's even bothered about a few seconds for christ's sakes..

13. ZoraqPlays

ZoraqPlays New Member

Dude, I got your point and it's fair enough, but are you at least reading my replies? There is a next step that this guide does for you, I've listed the best spot for every stat where you can find multiple Pokémon that give you the same EV points, so that you can train EV in a more efficient way instead of just looking for that Pokémon that you found with your method. Is it clear?

14. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Member

There's basically no difference between what you are doing and what I'm saying. Just yours is a little more tidy and has multiple pokemon. The people on the wiki didn't make the ev yield page just for the fun of it did they? They made it for the precise reason you are making this guide. So if both the guide and ev yield page have the same common goal in mind, why make the guide? As I said, saving a few seconds of someone's time on a game is not that important.

I just give up getting you to make some sense of what I'm saying...

15. ZoraqPlays

ZoraqPlays New Member

Cause it doesn't make sense. There is difference between what you are saying and what I did. You can't do what I did in a few seconds, you just can't. You can look up where to find the Pokémon that gives you the EV points that you need in a few seconds, but you can't compare all the biomes on the Pokéfind server to find the best one for your stat training in a few seconds. You can't.

16. relux45

relux45 New Member

how do i check Evs

17. FTF

FTF New Member

I can say that this guide helps a lot more than just simply saving a few seconds. Tidying things up and organizing them is a significant help.