Gyms, Trading, Evolution Stones! [Week 1]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Daniel Matias, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Matias

Daniel Matias Co-Owner of PokeFind Owner Manager

Hello everyone,

It has now been 1 week since we launched! However, for myself and our team it feels like it has been a month :rolleyes:

Throughout the week, we focused heavily on fixing major bugs and adding new content so let's go over what we did:
    • Gyms were added! Gyms work very similarly to Pokemon GO. Once you reach Trainer Level 5, you can go to any gym and interact with the NPC to pick a team. Choose wisely because you can not change your team. When you have Pokemon in a Gym, do /claim daily for in-game rewards.
    • Trading added! We were really excited to launch a feature that was much requested, trading. Once you are over Trainer Level 10, do /trade (username) to trade with someone near by. You can not trade any starters or legends.
    • Evolution Stones added! Another feature that was heavily asked for and really happy we were able to deliver on:D There are 3 ways to get Evolution Stone: 1) Pokestops at a VERY low rate 2) Claiming Gyms (/claim) with a very low rate. The more Pokemon in gyms, the higher the chance 3) A new NPC we introduced, "Mystery Man". He occasionally shows up at a random city as he is running away from the Police and trying to make some cash with his "black market" evolution stones. You can only buy 1 stone per interaction because he doesn't want to risk getting caught. We will be tweaking how often he spawns throughout the week.
    • Egg Incubators! Added our "crates" system, eggs, where you go to Egg Incubators in any Pokemon Center. We wanted to go over the top with that by creating an epic, animated model to make the experience rewarding. You can buy eggs at our store: store.pokefind.co
    • Bug Fixes! There were definitely quite a few bugs to fix. I believe we have fixed almost all of the major ones, such as rollback issues, PC glitch, and having more then 4 moves on a Pokemon. We are aware that there are still some bugs. We seriously appreciate all of your guys support, understanding and patience on the situation!
    That pretty much covers the big updates we had throughout the week and boy were there a lot lol! We did have some small updates like player counter fixed and some adjustments, but no point in going over those small, boring stuff :p

We truly can't thank you guys enough for the opportunity you all have given us. It is AMAZING seeing so many of you having fun on something we created. To those of you who donated, thank you so much! It means a lot to see you believe in us and supporting us. We have so many ideas we want to bring to life and we aim to continue providing an amazing, unique experience! Super excited for Week 2 :D

By the way, there were over 70,000 unique Trainers that joined us in Week 1!! HOLY S#*$ o_O

OHHH yeah; another thing is tomorrow (Valentine's Day) there will be a 20% Off Sale on the store for the day!
    wuv you all <3

2. MrWaffleFries - Chris

MrWaffleFries - Chris Crazy Active Member

Already more promising than Pixelmon or Pokémon Go combined...

3. MrWaffleFries - Chris

Being apart of this community is literally a dream come true. To be able to help staff such a big server is just beyond me! Ranked #7 on the global leaderboard and where only on week 1? Like even the other top servers didn't do that. I believe this will go far. I hope to be around for ever and watch it grow :) thank you devs for working so hard and giving this true time and effort.

4. Celso1113

Celso1113 New Member

Do you think the rule on trading starters will be changed? Personally myself I have a venasaur and charizard and I would like a blastoise but I can't trade for one. I bought 2(×3 epic) eggs and I got 2 extra bulbasaurs and I won't be training them but I would like to give them out to people as offers on trades.

5. MrWaffleFries - Chris

People would be able to jump on slots get them to level 10 and trade off there starter. That's the whole reason behind that. But maybe we can have a rule that says "if obtained in egg" your able to trade starters.

Celso1113 likes this.
  6. Celso1113

Celso1113 New Member

I understand hopefully something like that does happen

7. MrWaffleFries - Chris

Hopefully. I my self do not have extra starter Pokémon. But when later gens get added. I'd love to have the other starters, I'd trade my charizard for a piplup my all time favorite Pokémon! Empoleon

8. Minutes

Minutes Active Member

Love*

9. KakapoFelix

KakapoFelix New Member

What is the spawn chance for mystery man? Or is it secret?

10. _ItsDylan14_

_ItsDylan14_ New Member

Can you make the chance rate of getting stones by pokestops just a little bit higher? Because it almost feels like you can't get them.

11. MrWaffleFries - Chris

Everything has recently been increased. People have claimed to get stone after a couple hundred poke stops.

12. Walison da silva dias

Walison da silva dias New Member

13. CaptainCraft300

CaptainCraft300 New Member

14. inkventive

inkventive Well-Known Member

Hi Walison da silva dias,

I have added your name to the list of players with missing starters in this thread.

15. Miguel Angel

Miguel Angel New Member

Are yo going to put the 2gen

16. inkventive

More Pokemon will be added in the future but they are ironing out all the bugs first.

17. Miguel Angel

Miguel Angel New Member

thanks

18. Madara_

Madara_ Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work, really like what you are doing for the server.

19. MrWaffleFries - Chris

More promising than niantic if you ask me.

20. inkventive

It hasn't taken 6 months to fix issues or bugs... It takes less than a day here.