Pay-To-Win

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SwagLikePikachu, Aug 9, 2017.

1. SwagLikePikachu

SwagLikePikachu New Member

A lot Of Players Complain That The Server Is A Pay-To-Win Server. I Disagree But Do See Their Point. Perhaps There Could Be Some Kind Of Event Within The Server. Example: 2 Or 3 Shiny Pokemon Are Available To Find Rarely In The Wild For A Week. I Hope This Happens.

lego10001 likes this.
  2. MysticDoesPvp

MysticDoesPvp Well-Known Member

Events are already underway

3. iwin1302

iwin1302 Active Member

This is a pretty cool idea.

4. Larzrum

Larzrum Member

I don't see how shiny or aura Pokemon makes it a pay to win. To me they just make the Pokemon look ugly. Plus I don't think there is any end game to win. So can't be a pay to win server. (Just wanted to get my thoughts out on this topic)

As for the shiny events I wouldn't take part in it. But maybe have an event where rare Pokemon like Eevee or Houdoom and all the others has a slightly more chance of spawning in the wild. Let say for thirty minutes to an hour

lego10001 likes this.
  5. Ordaine

Ordaine Member

Aura pokemon could be considered pay-to-win as their IV's are 90%+ as others would obviously be a lot lower.
    However if you don't really care about stats and just want to play pokemon, it would 100% be aesthetic at that point as would shinies.

Honestly I would love to see something similar to the Mystery Man, but a shiny type thing.
    It would be announced in chat and spawn randomly in the world for players to hunt down.
    This way, they spawn in, aren't overly abundant, and everyone has a chance at catching one.

6. iwin1302

iwin1302 Active Member

btw I am only recommend once per month.

7. Ghostman85

Ghostman85 Banned

That's not pay to win. That's just getting a really good Pokemon. I do think that this server is more of a pay to play server then a pay to win.

8. Ordaine

Ordaine Member

Well I did explain it is a yes and a no :p
    Since you can instantly purchase a pokemon with 90%+ iv's it kind of makes it pay-to-win to an extent. But you can grind those out, but that would be purely rng in-game.
    I would still have to label it as pay-for-asthetics over pay-to-win.

9. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

If you think that this server is pay to play you obviously do not understand the concept. You do not need to pay to enter the server nor do you need to buy an item off the store to access all the features : they are free

10. CaSe_sEnSiTiV

CaSe_sEnSiTiV New Member

Agreed. However, the players who pay to play will have a advantage in the game. There should be events that is only available for non-donors and events for donors AND non-donors.

11. Infinity_Wolf

Infinity_Wolf New Member

To be honest, I don't care if this server is pay to win. It isn't like anyone get's any very overpowered boosts. You can get some of the top kits on PokeWars and traps on Pokemon Murder... And Pokemon Worlds? That's about grinding. Buying eggs only gives you different and better types. You can still achieve the same thing without paying.

12. SadAtron

SadAtron Active Member

You are saying people without a rank should have exclusive access to events? Now I've heard of some stupid ideas but this one made me lose a few brain cells.

13. SadAtron

SadAtron Active Member

You do not get different types from eggs all you get from eggs is a different design and better IVs although you could breed a pokemon with good IVs

14. lolitsDEAD

lolitsDEAD New Member

You have forgotten about the use of exp boosts and anything exp related things. The whole concept of pay to win is to gain an advantage over a player, buying items for that game; with real life cash. With this in mind it gives people a advantage at the start, however in the long run you can quite easily earn your items in game. So in that respect it isn't pay to win. However the ability to get legendary Pokémon, only with a rank; can be classified as pay to win, as it gives a massive advantage over the people, who will never have the chance to catch one, other than the legendary birds.

I think you should add in more quests to enable everyone to catch a wider variety of legendries, or implement a catch rate of maybe one legendary every Saturday at a specific time.

Thanks for reading this very long and probably irrelevant rant.

15. Ordaine

Ordaine Member

By what you just said... there should be extra events for non ranks? That doesn't make any sense as donors are the reason the server is able to stay running. Either way all events are for everyone regardless of rank.

Unfair* advantage. Keyword being "unfair" was missing.
    Pay-to-win means you use real life money to benefit in a way you cannot in-game through just gameplay. (Payment wall)

Most players get the term confused or don't understand it at all. Most think just a rank in general is pay-to-win.
    Being an old manager from another server, I can tell you this is not pay-to-win.

Due to new features also being added, older things cannot be considered pay-to-win anymore.
    1. Breeding makes 90%+ IV Aura's no longer pay-to-win.
    2. Legendaries cannot as quests are being added quite frequently with a means for regular players to obtain them without donations.

16. lego10001

lego10001 Member

I don't agree that this server is pay to win, but because I don't spend money on servers, I think an event like this's would be cool.

17. ToastyTunes

ToastyTunes ToastyTunes

Legendary, Shadows and other quest are added in the game for everyone to participate, you can get your hands on a legendary pokémon easily with that as well as 2 Shadow Pokémon, they are worth quite valuable - I only purchased Champion rank in this server but I have about 15+ Shadows, Shinies and Auras as well as a 70%IV's Calm Articuno, I would say the game is not pay-to-win, it is fair for now.

18. lolitsDEAD

lolitsDEAD New Member

You do realise that, in order to get legendary Pokémon other than the legendary birds, you have to buy legend. This can be classified as pay to win, as it adds an unfair advantage to legends. It allows them to catch Pokémon which many people view as op.

19. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

You do realise dragonite and tyranitar have the same stats as legendaries. They can be caught by anyone

20. Ordaine

Ordaine Member

Not really as having legendaries is mostly a status thing and they are adding new quests all the time to obtain them.
    Legendaries don't really offer an unfair advantage, their stats are slightly better, but any decent trainer with a non legendary can easily beat them.
    Example: A speedy Dragonite can easily wipe an entire team of auras and legendaries. Many have completely solo'd Michael's entire shadow team with a singular non legendary.

Something like aura's being donor only would be closer to pay-to-win as their stats ARE better as in a guaranteed 90%+ IV, but still a stat boost only does so much.

Pay-to-win would be something like donors get a backpack and defaults cannot.
    Or another example, there is a server purely for donors.
    Or you cannot level past a certain point unless you are a donor.

Payment walls = Pay-to-win. Quality of life or server status does not.