How to Write a Good Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pars2000, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Was this helpful?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Pars2000

Pars2000 Crazy Active Member

How to Write a Good Suggestion

Why hello there, everyone! I don’t think that I’m too much of a respected member in this community, and I wonder if you guys think that this is a helpful post. This will show you how to make a relatively good suggestion. One of my suggestions has been added, and that suggestion was that /back would do more in Pokémon Survival. Without further ado, let’s get into the article!

Discord

This is where you will find tips about suggestions on the Discord.

1. This tip goes for both the forums and the Discord, but I’ll leave it here. You should make this suggestion about something that appeals to all people. People don’t want something that will only improve everyone’s gameplay. This does have acceptions, such as if it is for a certain rank or it’s for a certain gamemode that will hi-light a few aspects of the game.
    2. Be serious for your suggestions, people don’t want something too silly. Something like a fun little command would be fine, but don’t say something like: “An event where everyone gets fly for a week!” It just wastes peoples times looking through them.
    3. This one is very specific to the Discord: put suggestions separately. If you have two suggestions, don’t suggest it like this: “A /back command that goes farther back, we don’t want to teleport 2 blocks back. Also add an event that’s retro.” The word “Also” signifies a connection. To make it so people can vote for both separately, try to make the two suggestions in two different texts.
    4. Use a certain format to lay it out. A format might have subcategories for different aspects of the suggestion. This makes it easier to read, and it gives more detail, this in’t needed, but it’s a good idea for large suggestions.

Forums

This is where you will find tips about suggestions on the forums.

1. The forums gives you many more options for the suggestion, so use that. Don’t make it a short suggestion in which you can submit it on the Discord, use the space to make a large, in-depth suggestion.
    2. Don’t just put in random things, make it professional. It doesn’t make the reader want to get in depth if it is just written in two minutes, spend time and effort on this suggestion.
    3. Use good structure. This might seem obvious, but structure it like you would do so in a report for school. Make an introduction to show what you will be suggesting, body paragraph(s) to go in-depth about the suggested topics. Also, add a well structured conclusion, wrapping-up your aforementioned statements.
    4. This goes for both the forums and the Discord, but get the opinion of others to make a good melting pot of ideas, that will make the suggestion more popular.

Thank you all for reading this! It isn’t to complicated, but I hope you will take the time and add these suggestions into your own suggestions. These aren’t mandatory, but I think that it will make a suggestion better. Please leave your ideas in the comments, and consider leaving a like!

Good day,

Pars

_Bunstop_ and AlmightyPiLord like this.
  2. AlmightyPiLord

AlmightyPiLord Crazy Active Member

Great post, Pars! Hopefully this may help players post better suggestions :D

Pars2000 likes this.
  3. Pars2000

Thanks!

AlmightyPiLord likes this.
  4. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

Nice Tips ;o

Pars2000 likes this.
  5. Pars2000

Thanks!

6. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Yay you improved on my post !

Pars2000 likes this.
  7. Baeporeon

Baeporeon UBER Active Member

Great tips! I'm sure this will help others ;)

Pars2000 likes this.
  8. _Bunstop_

_Bunstop_ Well-Known Member

:O Nice guide! I'll remember this when I write a suggestion c:

Pars2000 likes this.
  9. EagleFeather

EagleFeather Member

very nice!

Pars2000 likes this.
  10. Pars2000

Never knew you wrote this...

11. HobbyGuy123

HobbyGuy123 Active Member

anyways, new thing to spam at people that suggest deleting pokeworld and adding gen5 to survival

Pars2000 likes this.
  12. Pars2000

That works, too.

13. Pars2000

Also, please leave constructive criticism!

14. Terrier_Paws

Terrier_Paws Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Awesome Work ;)

Pars2000 likes this.
  15. Pars2000

16. Terrier_Paws

Terrier_Paws Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Locked due to Necroposting