Legend Rank Choice Guide (Generation 1-4)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lego121212, May 12, 2019.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Lego121212

Lego121212 Ex Senior Moderator

Hello!

So as many of you all know, buying Legend Rank comes with the choice of a Legendary Pokemon in Pokeworld. I went ahead and created a guide to show the "Grade" of each choice for legend rank, and why you should/should not choose it. I hope this guide helps you make your choice if you are one of those trainers who are struggling with their decision. Enjoy! ;)

Generation 1:

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Mewtwo
    Type: Psychic
    Base Stat Total: 680
    Grade: A+
    Description: Mewtwo is one of the original legendaries, and one that you can never go wrong with. It racks up a total of 680 in base stats, ranking as one of the "higher" end legendaries. Psychic is a great type, and Mewtwo can prove to be a great sweeper with its high special attack and speed. Despite all the legendaries after it, Mewtwo still stays strong as a great choice!

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Mew
    Base Stat Total: 600
    Grade: B
    Description: While Mew is one of the most adorable options, it does lack power and value in some places. Mew, also a psychic type, has a base stat total of 600, with 100 for each stat. Compared to normal pokes, that is very high, but middle with other legendaries. Mew is also obtainable through the battle pass at tier 100, decreasing its rarity. Even with these weaknesses, Mew is still an okay choice for your rank!

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Legendary Bird Trio
    Type: Electric/Flying (Zapdos), Fire/Flying (Moltres), Ice/Flying (Articuno)
    Base Stat Total: 580 (For Each Bird)
    Grade: D
    Description: I went ahead and grouped the bird trio together, as they all followed the same trend. The bird each have a base stat total of 580, ranking pretty low among other legendaries. The real problem with the birds however, is that there was already a Legendary Bird Quest in which many players received one of these legendaries, decreasing their value. So yea, Birbs are not a great choice.

Generation 2:

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Lugia
    Type: Psychic/Flying
    Grade: A
    Description: Lugia is a flying psychic type that is all around a great Pokemon. Lugia can be a great tank or sweeper. It has a base stat total of 680, and shines in def, sp def, and speed, making it very versatile in how it is used. While Lugia is obtainable in shadow eggs, it is very rare to get and still all around a great choice to help you on your adventures!

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Ho-Oh
    Type: Fire/Flying
    Grade: A-
    Description: Ho-Oh is one of the coolest legendary birds there are, and definitely one that will fit any team nicely. Ho-Oh, similar to Lugia, also has a base stat total of 680, with very high Attack and Special Defense. While Ho-Oh does have less weaknesses then Lugia, it sometimes lacks the speed to get by them. Ho-Oh is still however a very solid choice!

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Celebi
    Type: Grass/Psychic
    Grade: B-

Description: Celebi has one of the more unique typing's in pokemon. The combination however makes it weak to a large category of Pokemon. 600 Base stats is okay compared to other legendaries, but sometimes is not enough to override Celebi's weaknesses. Celebi is however one of the only grass type legendaries, and can be a very efficient special sweeper with calm mind.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Legendary Beasts Trio
    Type: Electric (Raikou), Water (Suicune), Fire (Entei)
    Base Stat Total: 580 (For Each Beast)
    Grade: C-
    Description: A Legendary beast can prove to be a very solid addition to a team, but they are still not up to par with some of the other legendaries. 580 is in the lower end of Base Stat Total for legendaries, and there have been rumors of a Legendary Beast quest coming out, so I would not risk spending my 200 dollars on one of the beasts.

Generation 3:

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Rayquaza
    Type: Dragon/Flying
    Description: Rayquaza is one of the most powerful legendaries you can choose, and it becomes even more powerful if mega evolutions are added into the game. Rayquaza has great Attack and Speed, making it a great sweeper. It also has a great ability in Air Lock which suppresses all weather effects. Rayquaza is one of the best legendaries and one you can't really go wrong with!

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Kyogre
    Type: Water
    Description: Kyogre is another great option to go for. It has great stats, with 680 total and high special attack and special defense. Kyogre learns Water Spout, a great STAB move. It also has a great ability in Drizzle (which makes it rain), which can benefit other water Pokemon and Pokemon with abilities Hydration and Swift Swim. It can be a great tank or a great sweeper with a scarf.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Groudon
    Type: Ground
    Description: Groudon, the counter part to kyogre, has pretty much the same features but opposite, making it just as good of a choice. Groudon has great attack and defense and a great move in Precipice Blades. It's ability, drought, causes harsh sunlight which essentially does the same thing as Drizzle but for fire types. Again, Groudon is another amazing choice!

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Deoxys
    Description: Deoxys has the unique ability to change into different forms (Normal, Attack, Defense, Speed). All of these forms have a base stat total of 600, and usually go all in on a couple stats with the others being extremely low. For example, attack forme deoxys has 180 attack, 180 special attack, and 150 speed, but the rest of it's stats are under 50. This can sometimes lead to some unbalance, but Deoxys is still a decent choice. If you do end up picking deoxys, I would go speed or attack forme.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Latios/Latias
    Type: Dragon/Psychic
    Grade: B+
    Description: Latios and Latias, also known as the Eon Duo, are decent choices. While they may not stack up to some other Dragon type legendaries, they have decent stats and can definitely do some good. While the Dragon/Psychic type combination is useful in certain cases, it also provides some new weaknesses. Still, Latios or Latias will be a decent choice, though other dragon type legendaries will be more effective.

[​IMG]

Pokemon: Legendary Titans
    Type: Ice (Regice), Steel (Registeel), Rock (Regirock)
    Base Stat Total: 580 (For Each Titan)
    Grade: D-
    Description: The Legendary Titans in all honesty are not very legendary....They are all defensive, but fairly easy to counter as they are slow and all have singular typing. They usually cannot get much done on the offensive side either. They also have a total base stat on the lower side. Definitely would not recommend using your 200 dollars on one of these.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Jirachi
    Type: Steel/Psychic
    Base Stats Total: 600
    Grade: C+
    Description: Jirachi has okay compared to other legendaries stats and decent typing, but there are a lot of better options for a psychic type like Lugia, Mewtwo, etc. Jirachi will do good, but not nearly as much as some of the other psychic types.

Generation 4:

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Arceus
    Type: Normal*
    Total Base Stats: 720
    Description: Arceus is one of if not the best option you can pick. It has an absurdley high 720 base stats, with 120 across the board, higher than any other legendary so far. It has the ability Multitype allowing it to change types with plates. Arceus can also be attack or special attack. This makes Arceus both one of the most versatile and powerful Pokemon there are. It is the God of Pokemon after all!

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Giratina
    Type: Dragon/Ghost
    Total Base Stats: 680
    Description: Giratina is a great tank and mixed attacker. It has 2 forms, altered and origin, which slightly change the stats of Giratina. While ghost type does introduce some new weaknesses, Giratina is mostly able to make up for it through it's high defense/special defense. Giratina is another great option you can choose!

[​IMG]

Pokemon: Palkia
    Type: Dragon/Water
    Description: Dialga's typing with water deals with the ice type weakness, only leaving it with 2 weaknesses. It has great stats in Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed, making it a great sweeper and sometimes tank. It can learn a great moveset with Special Rend, Aura Sphere, etc. Overall, Palkia is another great choice that will definitely boost your team!

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Dialga
    Type: Dragon/Steel
    Description: Dialga has a great type combonation of Dragon and Steel, as Steel takes care of all of dragons weaknesses leaving only ground and fighting (Super Effective to Steel) as Dialga's weaknesses. Dialga has great Special Attack, Defense, and Special Defense making it a great tank. It has decent speed as well. It can learn great moves such as Roar of Time, Aura Sphere, Earth Power, etc. Dialga is yet another great choice that will definitely be worth it!

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Darkrai
    Type: Dark
    Total Base Stats: 600
    Grade: A-
    Description: Darkrai has an okay total base stats of 600, but has good special attack and speed, making it a very good special attacker. Darkrai will definitely be able to do some damage with Dark avoid, Bad adrenals, and Nightmare

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Cresselia
    Grade: B-
    Description: Cresselia makes a very great tank and can take a lot of hits. Its total base stats of 600 is mainly invested in HP, defense, and special defense. Cresselia will be a good choice, but not as good as some of the other Psychic Legendaries like Mewtwo and Lugia.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Manaphy
    Type: Water
    Description: Manaphy has the unique ability to breed even though it is a Legendary/Mythical Pokemon. It has 600 base stats and can be a good sweeper or tank. It also has the move Tail Glow which drastically raises the special attack. Overall, Manaphy is a decent choice, but there are better ways to go.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Shaymin
    Type: Grass or Grass/Flying
    Grade: C+
    Description: Shaymin can be in its Ground Forme, which makes it have 100 base for each stat and grass type, or Sky Forme, which makes its Special Attack and Speed Increase while decreasing some others, and makes Shaymin a Grass/Flying type. Shaymin has some versatility and is overall decent, but there are better options you can choose besides it.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Heatran
    Type: Fire/Steel
    Grade: C-
    Description: Heatran is halfway between tank and special attacker, with low speed. This makes it easy to counter as many pokes will out speed it and the Heatran will not have extremely high special defense/defense. This makes Heatran not a very good choice.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon: Regigigas
    Type: Normal
    Total Base Stats: 670
    Grade: C
    Description: Regigigas is actually really good, until you get to the ability. It has a great moveset and stats and has a lot of potential, but the ability slow start temporarily halves attack and speed...which is really bad. So I would not recommend you choose this Pokemon as your Legendary.

So that is pretty much it for this Legend Rank Choice Guide! I hope this helped you make your decision if you are planning on buying the rank and do not know what to get. If I missed anything or made any mistakes, feel free to contact me on Discord (Lego#4977) and I will fix it. If there is something you do not agree with, you can also contact me on discord and I will change it if I think its better that way! Hopefully, I will update/re-create this guide as new Generations come out, but this is all for now!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    TurtleBallistic likes this.
  2. Baeporeon

Baeporeon UBER Active Member

This is such a well put together guide, well done lego :D <3

Lego121212 likes this.
  3. AlmightyPiLord

AlmightyPiLord Crazy Active Member

Awesome guide, Lego! Amazing attention to detail! However, you did overlook something for Latias- Latias has the advantage of being ultra cute, which bumps her up to a A++. (I’m joking. Kinda. Latias forever).

4. DarkEclipic

DarkEclipic Active Member

I give this 5 out of 3 Trapinches! Good job!!

5. Lego121212

Thanks! It means a lot :)

6. Lego121212

Who would have thought a dragon legendary could be so cute right?

7. Lego121212

Thanks Dark! It really means a lot :D

8. !(Luk)!

!(Luk)! Banned

Very Neat and easy to use Ty!

9. Eivets500

Eivets500 Active Member

Great guide lego! I’m sure this will help a lot of people with their choices

10. Lego121212

Thank you so much :D