Unplayable lag after loading resource pack for a couple days

Discussion in 'Help' started by Telpuialion, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telpuialion

Telpuialion New Member

Hello All,

This game used to work fine for me on 1.11 and also on 1.12. That was until this past weekend. When I tried to play it yesterday, it was just unplayable because of lag. Here's what I have done so far:

Restarted the game
    Restarted the computer
    Toyed around with the video settings
    Tried joining different servers
    My normal single player stuff works ok

The lag only kicks in once the resource pack loads. Attached is a screenshot of my F3 screen where you can see I am getting only 1 FPS and 0-1 chunk updates when just a few days back it was working fine.
    Help will be appreciated! Thank You all!

Attached Files:

2. MasMenno

MasMenno New Member

This should fix the issue:

Go to your resourcepacks in-game. Click "Open resourcepack folder" and close MineCraft. In the resourcepack folder click ".minecraft" in the space above the folders. In .minecraft click "server-resource-packs" and remove the Resourcepacks.
    Join the server and reinstall the resourcepack. :)

Everything should work fine!

3. ZombByeGod

ZombByeGod Well-Known Member

If you have optifine then go to options and turn terrain animation off. I'm almost 100% sure that this will fix the lag caused by the new update.

4. Telpuialion

Telpuialion New Member

This didn't work but I tried optifine and it worked like a charm! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

5. Telpuialion

Telpuialion New Member

Thank You so much!! Optifine worked like a charm! :D The only thing I noticed was that I can't turn off terrain animation until after the resource pack has loaded. If I do it before, the game always crashes. Just a little tip for anyone else who might look at this thread and try optifine.

6. ZombByeGod

Your welcome :D I didn't know about the crashes. Thx for that. I'll add that too if someone has the same problem. I've seen so many players that also experienced this.

7. Mikey313

Mikey313 New Member

I tried redownloading the resource pack and I don't have optifine but I still have the unplayable lag. I tried everything else talked about in the thread. When I play on other servers it works just fine FYI. Can anyone help me out or have any advice.

8. ZombByeGod

Sorry but the only way I know to fix that kind of lag is to get optifine and turn animated terrain off. Oftifine isn't that hard to get, I hope it works :D