Natural 1 in 8192 shiny's

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheWritersMind, Jul 8, 2017.

1. TheWritersMind

TheWritersMind New Member

I feel like adding natural 1 in 8192 shiny's (and possibly distinguishing them from purchased ones somehow) would keep people in the game shiny-hunting. overall i feel this is a good change for several reasons:

1) If a player plays longer they are more likely to buy something
    2) it gives free to play players a chance to obtain shiny's without the need for trade or purchase
    3) collecting them gives the player a sense of accomplishment
    4) It's fun :)

2. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

1) Actually not true XD. A large amount of players often say straight awat in discord chat " I can't spend money on the server ".
    2) you just gave reason to why no.1 is invalid
    3) shiny hunting is and has always been purely for bragging rights as shiny pokemon don't affect the game play.
    4) catching rares is also fun...

I understand catching wild Shinies would be cool but defeats the whole purpose of shiny eggs no matter what ivs they have

3. TheWritersMind

1) this is not targeting those players

2) this will encourage the people who are paying to play longer and buy more items. (see path of exile for a great example of a great game making whales)

3) yes it has been for bragging rights, but if it is whats the point in buying them then? oooo i bought these! i didn't find them legitimately in the wild... Don't you see how that devalues the achievement somewhat? even if so you still need to spend a ton of cash just to get one specific shiny, or trade for it.

4) I don't think it defeats the purpose of shiny eggs. it is paying for time essentially. Right now shinies are sort of a buy to win mechanic, assuming you can sell or trade them for other rare pokemon. and they will still serve as such. If there was an in game way to obtain shinies without them being limited to shiny eggs, which in itself is a money gated item, i would have no qualms with it. hell i'd probably buy a supporter pack myself if they did that, as i KNOW i'd be playing for a lot longer.

4. ZombByeGod

ZombByeGod Well-Known Member

Even having a low chance of spawning a shiny would make it less valuable because when someone does find it, he'll report it to discord where a great number of players can get it making whatever that shiny pokemon was less valuable. Some pokemon are more rare than shinies so it is possible to trade with people for shinies if someone really want a shiny form of their favorite pokemon :D

5. TheWritersMind

What if they made it so that shiny's only spawn for one person. if you miss it, too bad :) *evil laugh*