A warning for gen 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mass, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Mass

Mass New Member

I spent a lot of my time playing within the game and have had a lot of fun, I've always enjoyed the original Pokemon I grew up with. I finally reached level 30 and it was suggested I check out gen 2 as it apparently has rare gen 1 Pokemon which are more common there.

I decided to check it out hoping I could find myself an Eevee only to discover once there I was stuck there if I wanted to continue gaining exp for myself and my Pokemon.

I'm so disappointed I cant return to gen 1 and play the game as I did previous, if I had received some sort of warning before entering gen 2 letting me know how I would be locked into it if I took a look inside I would never have done so.

As a result I'll be leaving the game unfortunately, at least until there becomes some way to restart or return back to gen 1. Thought I would leave this suggestion here and hope you consider putting in extra fail-safes for people thinking about joining gen 2 with information as to what actually happens if you decide to go.

Would hate to see anyone make the same mistake as I have.

Good luck with the server.

Larzrum likes this.
  2. MysticDoesPvp

MysticDoesPvp Well-Known Member

You can go back to the Kyoto region, you just cant level up gen 2 pokemone or level up past lvl 30

3. KaseemS

KaseemS Well-Known Member

all the people who went on the gen 2 map had to go through this process also it easy to grind if you go to the right place to level up

4. Mass

Mass New Member

My point is i'm not interested in gen 2 Pokemon whatsoever, my interest was seeing rare gen 1. Id rather spend my time in gen 1 but now that would be a waste of my time since I cant gain exp for myself nor my Pokemon.

5. SadAtron

SadAtron Active Member

The point is to progress. If you do not want to progress you dont have to. You can stay in gen 1 and create a pokemon team without gen 2. Telling other people not to go to gen 2 just because you are lazy to level up again isn't really fair.

6. Mass

Mass New Member

Not wanted to play with gen 2 Pokemon makes me lazy?

I was able to progress just fine in gen 1 & I never said people shouldn't go to gen 2, I recommended there be a warning of the consequences of going to gen 2 before actually going there.

That is why I posted in the suggestions thread, as it was a suggestion. I went into gen 2 not knowing what would occur if I did, all I've suggested is you let people know what happens if you join gen 2 before actually going to gen 2.

Does that really not makes sense?

I'm not saying gen 2 is bad or should be avoided. I've made the suggestion because I personally would not have committed to gen 2 if I had known otherwise, and there might be others like me who would prefer to stick to levelling in gen 1 that's all.

7. BranderoS

BranderoS New Member

Partially wrong. Your trainer level won't go up in gen1 now, but you can still get experience for your gen1 pokemon.

And gen2 would probably be mostly dead with adding trainer exp beyond level 30 in gen1, resulting players asking to merge all gens into 1 (big) world.

8. Mass

Mass New Member

ok thank you

I was told by the players in the gen 2 server I joined, my Pokemon could no longer gain exp if I went back to gen 1. If that's not the case then I haven't got a problem with my trainer level staying the same and ill go back to gen 1.

They also told me I couldn't trade my Pokemon with others and if I did the Pokemon I trade to someone wouldn't gain any exp. I wouldn't want to trick someone in trading Pokemon with me if they have no hope in levelling that Pokemon, it would make me feel like I was cheating them. I like to think of myself as an honest player and I don't want to make that mistake.

Like I mentioned previously, I really wished all this was explained properly to me before jumping into the gen 2 server.

Even now I seem to have incorrect information, I really do believe it would make sense to explain the difference and changes that would occur if and when someone was choosing to jump into the gen 2 server before they actually jumped into it. I hope that's a consideration the creators would consider, not to frighten people but to have them be better informed.

9. SadAtron

SadAtron Active Member

It wouldnt matter if you jumped into it or not you would still not gain xp after acheiving level 30 and and gen 2 pokemon not achieved by an egg will also not recieve xp in gen 1.
    For more info check out http://forums.pokefind.co/index.php?threads/starters-guide-to-pokefind.3951/

10. Soraxus

Soraxus New Member

Either that or once you reach level 50, Mass, then you can level up your Pokemon anywhere.

Larzrum likes this.