Pokefind Pokeworld SMP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ordaine, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Ordaine

Ordaine Member

Hello everyone,
    If you are like me and love mining, surviving, building, and just generally playing minecraft. You'd probably love a Pokemon based SMP.

This map could be similar to Pokeworld, include cities, shops, pokecenters, pokestops, gyms, etc. But also with the added addition of you being able to build homes. Go mining. All the things you love in vanilla + pokemon.
    Give pokemon an AI so they move around, maybe add the ability to ride certain pokemon.
    Breeding areas.
    Maybe custom apricorns and apricorn trees to craft our own pokeballs?

We can even borrow mechanics from skyblock with pokemon being able to farm and such.
    The sky is the limit with this.
    You look at pokeworld, pokewars, skyblock. All the different mechanics that have been created.

It would crazy to see what the Pokefind team could come up with for a Pokemon SMP experience.

2. iwin1302

iwin1302 Active Member

It's been suggest as a similar gamemode. That is factions. I would like to see Pokefind add this.

3. Ordaine

Ordaine Member

Factions tend to bring a lot of hackers and just a toxic community.
    As cool as it would be to see a factions based pokemon gamemode, I don't think it would fit in with the community.

4. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

As much as I like this idea, half the stuff can't be created as pokemon are hoes , axes and pick axes already so you can't even gather the resources. Secondly I don't think armour stands can move around other when doing a battle.

5. Ordaine

Ordaine Member

Set the models to like a wooden hoe or something players couldn't get.
    You can also use wolves, villagers, cows, sheep AI and base frame for the pokemon so they move around.
    Horse models for pokemon you can ride (can even require a saddle to use).
    If you do that, it is just a matter of setting skins, sounds. Of course it is more complex than how I am making it sounds, but that is the jist of it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  6. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

I'm gonna be frank here. This sounds too much like pixelmon. Pokefinds thing is all about being unique while mixing aspects from all pokemon games like shadow pokemon which comes from spin off games. Plus it's obviously going to be the most popular but it will be unfair because pokefind allowed players like me to play because I do not have enough laptop power to run pixelmon smoothly. The minute there is all those movement things the lag will be extremely high similar to busy skyblock servers. At that point only those with decent laptops / pcs would be able to play.