Growing Berries

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by charlie_boi, Oct 10, 2017.

1. charlie_boi

charlie_boi Admin Staff Member Manager

I'd like to see berry growing added, its been in many of the games now and I think the server could set up a system that works for everyone. We already have the EV lowering berries, so why not add the rest? They would be a good intro to held battle items that have been frequently requested lately. And I feel that being able to grow our own berries would be more enjoyable then just having to buy them all.

Below are some ideas on how it could work

The growing system:

NPCs in Gen 1 and Gen 2 will help you grow your berries.
    Talking to one of the NPCs will give you an explanation of berries and how the system works.
    Talking to the Berry Grower will open a menu that displays all of the berry types you can grow.
    Hovering over a berry will tell you information about it; what it does, and the time it takes to grow.
    Clicking a berry will take you to a confirmation screen(Like releasing a Pokemon.) this way you don't accidentally start growing something when you were just trying to look at what they do.

• Once a berry has started growing there is no cancelling it.
    • A berries growth can be sped up by "watering" them by paying gems. Like paying to speed up breeding this would instantly finish the berry growth. The gem amounts would vary based on the time left for the berry to grow.
    • Berry growth time depends on how rare/useful the berry is.
    • People with no ranks can grow one type of berry at a time, each rank gets an additional "plot" to grow a berry. *You can not grow the same type of berry in two plots at the same time*
    • Berries cost coins to start growing. The amount varies based on how useful the berry is.
    • Berry yields will vary between 1-5(The games use much higher numbers but I feel that doesn't fit Pokefind very well.)
    Berries In/Out of battle:

Some berries can be used in or out of battle to cure status effects or to heal a Pokemons hitpoints. However, most of them are automatically consumed when held by a pokemon in battle when certain criteria are met. Many berries also offer more unique effects such as reducing the amount of damage a move does.

Berries are single use items, once they have been consumed by a Pokemon or used out of battle they disappear. Some moves and abilities affect the use of berries such as being able to use a berry multiple times in a battle, or preventing the use of berries all together.

The berries and what they do:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lego10001 likes this.
  2. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

In pixelmon it was cool but this is plugin based I don't know if they would be able to do this through plugins but we'll see

3. charlie_boi

It can very easily be done in plugins. I suggested it be done via npcs/menus instead of physical berry bushes for that reason.

4. lego10001

lego10001 Member

I don't know about how hard it is to code, but I think it would be cool! And besides, growing a berry would be more enjoyable, besides time, than just buying it. And so far, I nevertheless buy berries. But, if even a few of those ones you suggested get implemented, I'll buy loads!

5. Ordaine

Ordaine Member

The fact it is controlled and run through an npc makes it plausible.
    And using the berries already in game, half the work is done.

6. FailYourTest

FailYourTest New Member

Yes, this could be a good idea for a future update because it would add more complex strategies of beating other player or what not

Cough* what am i saying

7. DumbPug

DumbPug Member

I really like this idea :eek: it would give us more to do on Pokeworld and would make battles even more interesting

8. charlie_boi

I'm going to necro this thread because I feel its once again relevant now that held items exist. <3

9. Prokopis

Prokopis Active Member

Seems like a pretty interesting idea,using the same way breeding works with some extra features maybe would be great.