Scam Countering

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Diamond_Beacon, Jan 6, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diamond_Beacon

Diamond_Beacon New Member

I have recently got scammed for my SALAMENCE and this sparked an idea... add a breeding tag to trading that makes it so only pokemon that are breedable can be traded and if either player leaves then the trade is auto undone. As so if they scam it will notify the mods also, and it will give your pokemon that WAS about to be scammed on, they get it back.

2. KeeGaming

KeeGaming New Member

You gotta record all trades that aren't 1 for 1 deals. Just record them and post the evidence of it. But to your suggestion, I think that bred Pokemon shouldn't be tradeable at all because people can just breed for the best natures/ IVs and trade those. It would ruin the economy in my vision. Not sure about putting tags on Pokemon and having a trade undone. I don't know if that can be coded into the server.

3. Diamond_Beacon

No no no you don't see what i said, If you trade a pokemon to breed it then the server should give an option so if they leave it auto trades it back for the pokemon they gave

4. UV_Hail

UV_Hail Well-Known Member

Whilst this idea is interesting, the mechanics and functioning capability of it would be fairly complicated. There would be a lot of complicated situations for example: Lets say I traded someone a salamence and they gave me a weedle. If I moved the weedle at all, or if I put it into my PC, would that weedle still disappear and reverse the trade if that person logged off with my salamence? What if my game crashed? Would the trade still be reversed even though the weedle I received doesn't have to tag? There's a lot of complicated situations that would have to be thought out and put in place for the code to work at all. Perhaps for now, make sure that you record all of your trades, especially if you are lending out Pokemon, and make sure that the other person not only knows that you are recording, but also of the punishment they would receive should they scam.

5. Diamond_Beacon

Yes actually it will tell the other person it has been turned on and that IF at any time you log off with the pokemon anywhere, like PC, party, and you can't put their's in a gym, the trade will be undone. also jus a side note I got a aura flareon lvl 84 for a lvl.... 53 or lvl 52 salamence that can't learn ddance so I think it is half fair.

6. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Again your missing the point. The Pokemon already have a lot of tags on them. Have a look on discord at the /rent suggestion because that is basically a better version of what you're suggesting

7. Prokopis

Prokopis Active Member

The Suggestion would be too complicated, it would be nice if there was maybe a Trade History or something similar but nothing more than that. You can just simply record the Trade.

8. fedarius

fedarius Active Member

You can record a trade. If you say you are recording it might lower the chance of you being scammed.

9. LordOfEyeballs

LordOfEyeballs Active Member

Thread locked due to necroposting.