Getting Rid of Pokemon not Obeying

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CrashDingerrr, Jan 16, 2018.

?

Should They Get Rid Of It?

This poll will close on Jan 16, 2028 at 10:45 PM.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. I Don't Care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CrashDingerrr

CrashDingerrr New Member

Ive tried more than 10 times to beat the first gym but my pokemon never listen during the battle. I have level 20-30 pokemon but the other 1-19 levels still dont listen. This rule is preventing me from progressing in the game which is really annoying and disappointing for me. Please, Please remove this.

2. Roanark

Roanark New Member

I don't really think it needs to be removed, just retuned. Part of the problem is that, to my knowledge (I might be wrong but this is what was happening to me), if you go past the level Pokemon obey you then it's a guaranteed failure for every attack. In the normal games, a Pokémon's chance of not listening increases the higher their level is from the trainer's max obedience level. This means Pokemon that are just a few levels above what would obey you, will still have a decent chances to obey you, while one that's 50+ lvls above will probably always ignore your orders.

Also, another problem is just the way the gyms were structured. Before you can battle your first Gym, you have to do this quest that has you battling a lot of trainers. Because of this you end up getting a fair amount of levels, especially if you're only using one or two of the same pokemon each fight, and (in my case) might have a Pokemon or two that are too high of a lvl even before you get to your first Gym.

3. Larzrum

Larzrum Member

I would love for obeying to be removed. Since I just want to do the Pokemon go side of Gen 3. I can't since I suck at parkour so I can't get the first gym badge to continue my Pokemon go adventure. But I know they won't remove it. So maybe a suggestion is to make another Gen 3 server like Gen 1 and 2. So you don't have to worry about Pokemon not obeying. So someone like me can actually start enjoying the server once again.

4. xArcuz

xArcuz Active Member

There is a pretty simple reason to why it has to be like this. When gen 3 was released, the purpose was a fresh start. Meaning new Pokemon, new quests, new features etc. If you were to start of with a whole team of level 100 Pokemon it would be way too easy to complete all the quests and all the gyms. By starting of fresh you get to have a more fun and challenging storyline. I know for sure that if I were to start of gen 3 with all level 100 Pokemon I would be bored, and find no pleasure in playing at all.

You mention that you are having trouble beating the first gym, but it is absolutely possible to beat it without your old Pokemon. Myself and tons of people before me managed to beat it, then so can you, even though it can be a bit challenging. Good luck! :)

5. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Everyone wants pokefind to become more like the games and if you remeber in the games the badges determined if your Pokemon could obey. Pokefind spent ages making a badge system and if you could use any level Pokemon IT would be far too easy

6. Spyro Dragon

Spyro Dragon New Member

If your pokemon arent obeying, their level might be to high for to use at this time, however there is a bug where even if you have the required badge they still wont listen, to beat the first gym though, you cant go any higher than lvl 15 i think

7. XD001ShadowLugia

XD001ShadowLugia Active Member

yes pls remove not obeying pokemon

8. WitherSlayer1

WitherSlayer1 Active Member

It's the only thing that gives a point to this game. If your that like lazy to quote on quote "restart" you should be appreciative you can eventually use them and you can use up to some levels.

9. cuddlycreeper98

cuddlycreeper98 Goddess of Animals / Ex Staff Manager-Senior Mod

Though the thought about making it so Pokemon don't obey SOUNDS nice, in reality it really wouldn't be. As others on this thread have said, the purpose of Gen 3 coming out was a brand new, fresh start. It would be quite boring and obnoxious to be using high leveled Pokemon at a low level. It also wouldn't make anything challenging. Getting the Gym Badges are not supposed to be a breeze, you're supposed to fight your way through it to be able to beat them.

As for accidentally leveling them up too high for you to be able to use them in battles, I did that when Gen 3 first came out, except with my Starter Pokemon. I leveled it up with Rare Candies, not thinking about what I could possibly mess up. Due to me doing that, I was stuck for a little bit, because I had to train up other Pokemon to help me get by since I couldn't use my Starter. The BEST thing to do, is to keep a watch on your Gym Badges, and where it says what level Pokemon will obey.
    [​IMG]
    Please be aware that there is a BIG difference between "Pokemon up to level 45 will obey!" and "Caught Generation 3 Pokemon level will obey up to 60". That means specifically that Gen 1 or Gen 2 Pokemon will obey up to level 45, and Gen 3 Pokemon that you have caught will obey up to level 60. I hope this helps anyone that needs it!