Pokemon Survival Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AlmightyPiLord, May 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AlmightyPiLord

AlmightyPiLord Crazy Active Member

1) Slightly increase the spawn rate for shard chests, and perhaps for rare Pokemon like Eevee and Dratini, too. I went back pretty far into the rare spawns chat on discord, and all of them have only been on Pokeworld, suggesting that people may not have even been able to find a single rare Pokemon all this time on Survival.

2) Shiny Pokemon. With the new update, some shiny Pokemon have been added with the new shiny egg item, however, I think there should be a tiny chance for wild Pokemon (1/8192 or 1/4096) to spawn shiny as well, as this would give players that don't have the money to spare to support the server a chance at a rare shiny Pokemon.

3) Legendary Pokemon. Once or twice a year, there should be a event (announced or unannounced) where a wild legendary Pokemon spawns in the overworld. This would give players who, once again, don't have the money to spend on the server, a chance to get a rare, powerful Pokemon.

4) Make it somewhat fair. This not only goes for Pokemon survival, but for Pokeworld as a whole. The theme for this thread so far has been to give non-rank or non-paying players a bit of a chance, if only slightly. I hate to say it since I love this server, however, the server does unfortunately have a bit of a "You want good Pokemon and cool stuff? Don't earn it with skill or hard work, earn it with money!" Kind of vibe, at least on Pokemon Survival. I know the server has to make money somehow, but the current system makes it a bit too unfair for non-paying players to get anything good, especially in Pokemon Survival. I really do love this server, but if there was one thing I could change about it, this would be it.

Thank you for reading! Feedback is appreciated.

2. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Look being a non doner isn't easy I know I've been there. I just don't enjoy suggestions where players want something back for being a player because at the end of the day it's paying players that keep the server alive. But here' what I think for each suggestion :

1) Completely agree, we need more shards because gen 1 is so dependant on stones to get a lot of good Pokemon. Also we need more evee spawns cause they do play a big role in gen 1. Dratini spawns should stay the same because we don't want everyone to have dratini cause that ruins the rarity and accomplishment of catching them.

2) there will most likely be a shiny event in survival and so you'll be able to catch a few when that comes out. The traditional 1 in 8192 just isn't gonna happen for the fact that myself and the modeler would have to add so much to the pack in terms of textures and what not as well as the fact that shiny Pokemon in eggs never spawn in the wild for shiny events as rule of thumb.

3) probably will be a legendary event/ quest in survival so don'
    Worry.

4) there isn't really an alternate to the current system as there would be no incentive to spend money if it wasn' slightly unfair , cause why would you pay for cosmetics in a Minecraft server Maybe if it was it' own game that would be acceptable.

Sorry if it seems like a ranked player who feels superior cause I don't feel that way but I know pokefind has to operate in a certain way in order to sustain itself and continue to update the game regularly.

3. Larzrum

Larzrum Member

1. I agree shard chest do need to be slightly up on spawn rate. Sad you play on the server from like 9 am till 10 pm and can't find a shard chest.

2. I don't like the ideas of shiny's to spawn in the wild. Just because I'm not a fan of them. Don't know why.

3. I'm down for it for the people who want it. I most likely won't do the quest to get one.

4. I'm not a ranker I don't plan on spending money for a rank. Because I don't need all that fancy stuff they give you for ranks.(maybe if there was a rank without perks then I'll get one.) I actually enjoy just getting what pokemon us non rankers get. I don't think we are in an unfair advantage because we can't get like lucky eggs which don't make sense on this server, just my opinion, exp shares, legendary Pokemon, etc. I'm just saying this server is still fun if you look past all this P2w stuff. Which don't know how this server p2w at all. (Sorry my definition of p2w is really different than others people's.)

4. ThePunMaster

ThePunMaster New Member

I agree with AlmightyPiLord with all of the suggestions, since these are all reasonable and probably beneficial to success to both players and possibly the server too, increasing maybe player count and stuff.

5. Pars2000

Pars2000 Crazy Active Member

I totally agree, too, with Pi's suggestion. I will put my feedback of each number here (I will refer to Mythicals and Legendaries as just 'Legendary/Legendaries' for simplistic reasons) :

1) Spawn Rates: Shards can be very random, as you might find 5 chests in 5 minutes, and wait 10 hours to get another, so I think they should be more common. Maybe they could come with rare chests, which give you some shards and things like potions/revives.

2) Shiny Pokémon: I, personally, think that there shouldn't be too many Shiny Pokémon in the wild, aside from events, because they are just cosmetic. I understand a Shiny Pokémon event, but not wild Shiny Pokémon.

3) Legendary Pokémon: I totally agree that there should be Legendary Pokémon event, but, instead of one person or two people getting a Legendary, which will disappoint some people, there should be a Legendary event for all people who want to participate in it.

4) Pay To Win: I think that the server isn't Pay To Win, because it isn't like there is something that you can lose from not paying. When I bought 5 Epic Eggs for Pokémon Survival, I got some Pokémon that you could get, like Charmander/Squirtle (I already had Bulbasaur), but I also got a Ditto and a Pikachu. I got Flareon, which is very hard to obtain. I feel like this doesn't count as Pay To Win too much, because, yes, I could not get a few of them without purchasing this/trading with someone who purchased, but this is only optional. It is not Pay To Play, and there is no way, necessarily, to win. Any Non-Ranker can 'Win,' but it is more of a boost. Sorry if I sound really snobby about this, but I feel like they should change something, but not change the entire system.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, and I largely agree with a lot of it.

6. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

I do agree that spawn rates for rares should be increased (something I have suggested myself) as I've never spent any money on the server myself and did find it frustrating how everyone was pulling eggs to get rares that I haven't seen from tons of playtime. Hopefully they will be increased and there will be another/more legendary quests added in the future of the game like the one in pokeworld!.

7. ShootingFor3

ShootingFor3 Manager / Jedi Master Staff Member Manager Staff Manager Support Manager

I think increasing spawn rates of rares would give players more motivation to play so I like that one :)