Broken move list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by charlie_boi, May 21, 2018.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. charlie_boi

charlie_boi Admin Staff Member Manager

Updated on 5/23/18

I've gotten quite a few requests lately to release QA's list of broken moves so people can build their teams easier. While I can't share the actual document with you, I have compiled my own list of broken/partially broken moves.

I'll try and keep this as updated as possible, but moves get fixed without our knowledge sometimes so if you see something on here that isn't broken let me know.

If a move isn't on here and is broken chances are I know about it and I just haven't tested it myself yet so feel free to post anything that's not currently here and I'll get around to checking it.

Completely broken: These moves do not currently work at all.
    • U-turn
    • Volt Switch
    • Baton Pass
    • Heal Bell
    • Aromatherapy
    • Psych Up
    • Trick
    • Roleplay
    • Ingrain
    • Snatch
    • Skill Swap
    • Miracle Eye
    • Gastro Acid
    • Infestation
    • Electric Terrain
    • Misty Terrain
    • Grassy Terrain
    • Entrainment
    • Simple Beam
    • Power Split(Freezes battle)
    • Guard Split(Freezes battle)
    • Reflect Type(Freezes battle)
    • Magic Room
    • Magnet Rise
    • Toxic Spikes
    • Worry Seed
    • Heal Block
    • Fling
    • Metal Burst
    • Thief
    • Covet
    Partially broken: These moves all have parts that do not work correctly.
    • Pay Day - Does not give coins at the end of the battle.
    • Bind - Does not trap opponent and prevent them from switching Pokemon. Does not end effect if user switches out.
    • Sand Tomb - Does not trap opponent and prevent them from switching Pokemon. Does not end effect if user switches out.
    • Clamp - Does not trap opponent and prevent them from switching Pokemon. Does not end effect if user switches out.
    • Fire Spin - Does not trap opponent and prevent them from switching Pokemon. Does not end effect if user switches out.
    • Whirlpool - Does not trap opponent and prevent them from switching Pokemon. Does not end effect if user switches out
    • Wrap - Does not trap opponent and prevent them from switching Pokemon. Does not end effect if user switches out.
    • Thrash - User does not become confused after move finishes.
    • Counter - Move should not reflect special attacks.
    • Sleep Powder - Move should not affect grass types.
    • Toxic - Pokemon do not stay "Badly Poisoned" if they switch out after Toxic is used on them.
    • Destiny Bond - Move only works if the user goes first. Move only lasts for the turn it was used.
    • Mean Look - Causes opponent to be unable to switch Pokemon if the "blocked" Pokemon faints, effectively freezing the battle.
    • Block - Causes opponent to be unable to switch Pokemon if the "blocked" Pokemon faints, effectively freezing the battle.
    • Pain Split - Seems to randomly work. Sometimes it only adjusts the users HP, sometimes it only adjusts the opponents HP.
    • Encore - Effect appears to last until the affected Pokemon switches out. Should only last 3 turns.
    • Taunt - If the user goes first and the opponent uses a move that Taunt would normally block, they are still allowed to go that turn. It should cause the move to fail.
    • Yawn - Works correctly on first use, if used multiple times it will put the opponent to sleep on the turn it was used.
    • Knock Off - Does not remove opponents item for the remainder of the battle. Does not cause double damage if opponent has a held item.
    • Trick-Or-Treat - Replaces Pokemons type with ghost instead of adding it.
    • Forest's Curse - Replaces Pokemons type with grass instead of adding it.
    • Heal Pulse - Heals the user.
    • Defog - Only removes debuffs on your side of the field.
    • Disable - Effect lasts until opponent switches Pokemon, should last 4 turns. Can disable more than one move at a time.
    • Me First - Move is bugged in the way that it executes, but does work. Can cause the battle to freeze if the move is interrupted by being flinched.
    • Trick Room - effect takes place before the move is used if the user is faster than the opponent.
    • Conversion - Always changes Pokemon to normal type.
    • Conversion 2 - Changes users type to that of the last move that hit it. Should change users type to random type that resists or is immune to last move that hit it.
    • Copycat - Doesn't do anything the turn its used. The next turn you will be forced to use the move it should have copied on the first turn.
    Recently fixed/partially fixed: *=Partially working, see above **=Working correctly
    • Trick Room*
    • Soak**
    • Circle Throw
    • Frost Breath**
    • Storm Throw**
    • Wonder Room**
    • Trick-Or-Treat*
    • Forest's Curse*
    • Guard Swap**
    • Power Swap**
    • Power Trick**
    • Me First*
    • Weather Ball**
    • Taunt*
    • Encore*
    • Torment**
    • Endeavor**
    • Disable*
    • Stored Power**
    • Healing Wish**
    • Copycat*
    Broken Abilities:
    • Arena Trap
    • Blaze
    • Bulletproof
    • Cute Charm
    • Damp
    • Defeatist
    • Defiant
    • Heavy Metal
    • Mold Breaker
    • Overgrow
    • Pickup
    • Regenerator
    • Scrappy
    • Shadow Tag
    • Simple
    • Solar Power
    • Swarm
    • Torrent
    Partially Broken Abilities:
    • Liquid Ooze - Does not work on Leech Seed
    • Synchronize - Should not pass confusion. Does not pass "badly poisoned" status
    • Clear Body - Should not prevent self-induced stat drops

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    evanmarioboy and Kimkom like this.
  2. wardskidoedels

wardskidoedels New Member

Clarky maybe you forgot substitute?

3. ItsDemo_

ItsDemo_ Well-Known Member

Should add abilities

4. ShootingFor3

ShootingFor3 Manager / Jedi Master Staff Member Manager Staff Manager Support Manager

Great idea Charlie! Thanks!

5. charlie_boi

charlie_boi Admin Staff Member Manager

QA's list of abilities is fairly outdated now and was never completed, but I added what I could.

6. ItsDemo_

ItsDemo_ Well-Known Member

I do know drizzle isn't always 5 turns sometimes it's 2 or 3, idk about drought yet.

7. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

Woo time to get moves fixed :)

8. kdrshv

kdrshv Active Member

Synchronize should not pass also sleep. Maybe it was fixed since December...

9. Pars2000

Pars2000 Crazy Active Member

thank you!