Suggestions to improve this beautiful server! (long) 21 suggestions!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daan Roes, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Daan Roes

Daan Roes New Member

Dear mr / mrs,

My name is Daan Roes. I'm from the Netherlands so english isn't my native language but i'll give it my best shot
    I fell in love with this beautiful server and all it's cool features and thought about ways to make the server better or expand the server. So i asked a lot of people about their opinion on certain aspects of the game and a lot of people came up with some good and not crazy ideas that SHOULD be placed in this server. Going from very small changes to big ones.

I made a list of all the suggestions and i will categorise them on a few aspects. This will probably be a long post but it is quite worth it. Unfortunately this post was bigger than 10000 characters so i had to split it up in 2 parts.

The category's are:

- Gameplay mechanics
    - Items
    - NPC's
    - Price changes
    - Commands
    - (New area)

Gameplay mechanics

I'm 100% sure that PokeFind is always searching for better ways to increase the mechanics and make the fun on the server even bigger. The following suggestions are a few major cases that could be added into the game.

1.) Battle City
    There are currently a lot of problems with Battle City. It's the least visited city and nobody ever wants to go there because there is no pokecenter, no pokemart, no pokestops pretty much nothing. Only a huge place that is nicely decorated and is only used for organised tournaments that almost never actually happen.

My idea is:
    To implement a gamemechanic that comes out of the original Pokemon games. Make an arena in Battle City where an NPC stands that gives you 2 options to choose from.

Option 1 enter a battle with a NPC that has 6 pokemons that are all lvl 50 but those are all randomly chosen out of about 30 pre-selected pokemon and 6 will be chosen at random. You as the player must fight that person, but you can only use pokemon that are lvl 50 (or lower) yourself! It costs like 2500 coins to compete and if you win that battle you gain 5000 coins and if you lose you just lose your 2500 coins. The first win in the tournament grands you 3 tokens as well and can only be done once a day. The NPC's pokemon will fight exactly as pokemons in gyms and are lvl 50 to also give lower lvl pokemon trainers a chance.
    option 2 is the exact same senario but with 6 pokemon from lvl 100 that are randomly chosen. That you have to fight and for that battle you can use all pokemons. This one should costs the same and should be more for the expert players though. Giving them more of a challenge and keep them more attached to the server.
    If something is unclear, respond in the reactions below and I'll try to clarify it.

2.) Mini games

A fun way to spend some time when you are not really feeling to train or takes gym is to play some mini games. Games that can be played at certain places and should be shown more like silly sidequests. Where you can earn a few more coins or lose some coins. I already thought of 3 little games:

- Roulette, have a bit luck on your side and spend 1000 coins on a round voting either for valor, instinct or mystic.(you can make it like a chest where items shift places in) like in this way

if it lands on your chosen team you get 2500 coins and if it doesn't end on the chosen team you will just lose your 1000 coins.

- Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle!
    A fun little game that works exactly like rock, paper, scizzors! Two players can pick a pokemon and can both spend 500 coins on it. Of course because of the types, Bulbasaur wins from squirtle, Charmander wins from Bulbasaur and Squirtle wins from Charmander. (grass is effective against water, fire is effective against grass, and water is effective against fire). The winner gets 1000 coins and the loser gets nothing. When a draw both get 500 coins back.

- Little cup
    a mini tournament where only pokemons from lvl 5 or below may compete in just like described in the text at Battle City. If possible against other players, otherwise against NPC's

That were the longest ones now luckily a few smaller idea's :D

3.) Breeding pokemon

you might already think about doing it but I'm not sure if it would be that succesfull or OP. It works exactly like in the original pokemongames. Maybe like take a week before you can get an egg or baby pokemon

4.) Safari zone

This one might have been heared a few times. But how about a zone you get tp'ed in where you have 5 minutes to find and catch pokemon in a zone with a stack of pokeballs you get offered and you can't use any other items while being there. Although you may take your pokemons may in. What pokemons should get in there depends on what you guys like.

5.) Annoying Battle part

This is a small thing but is very frustrating. When you find a wild pokemon or a gym right before your moves show up your mouse instantly stand above your fifth pokemon. If you are to fast or clicked to fast or to often the game will bring out your fifth pokemon even when you don't want it. You 'wasted' a move and bring out a pokemon that you may not have thought about using. This is very annoying and a lot of people agreed with me on this one. This can be helped by changing the location of the chest on the screen. Make the entire moveset (chest inventory) a bit lower so the mouse stays in the middle but doesn't stand on the fifth pokemon so this issue can be solved.

6.) Kicking afk gymfighters

This issue has occured to me a few times. When a person is doing a gym of course nobody can interfere, not while training nor by fighting the gym. But some people went afk and hold the gym for enormous amounts of times. Sometimes on purpose to prevent people from taking 'their' gym or on accident when they suddenly have to leave and forget to close minecraft. This annoys me and a few other people. The best solution would be. That people that didn't do an ability or changed pokemon or used an item, within 1 minute get kicked out the gym and the battle will be cancelled. On top of that it would be smart to also give the player like a 3 min penalty so they can't instantly keep training the gym. Turn after Turn after turn.

Items

Pokefind is for sure always busy to create or change the items and here is a list of things that i would like to see changed or be added.

7.) Ethers

The only problem that people have while fighting and gaining levels is that well they are not dying or else they use revives and potions, but they are still forced to go to a pokecenter because they have no PP left. This annoys me the most when i train any pokemon above lvl 55. It almost can't die but everytime i train at the ice plains it's though to go to a pokecenter at spawn at find someone to tp back to. With ethers you should be able to refresh your pp so you can stay and train for longer. These also should be found in pokestops. (just like in the original pokemon games).

8.) TM's

I'm pretty sure that PokeFind already knows about it and is working on finding an NPC that sells them but i quickly want to mention that a lot of people are waiting on TM's. They should work just like in the original Pokemon games and should rather be pretty expensive.

9.) Bike

Currently the bike is useable by doing /bike and picking your bike, but i thought it would be way easier to get it as an undropable item (just like stones) that you can hold in your hotbar so you can bike with one simple click instead of having to typ /bike everytime i shift. Cause that is getting pretty annoying really soon.

10.) Clothes

At the moment there are way to less things you can buy with tokens. Now it's get a bike and for the rest spend it on stones. But in the future I'm sure you will make more things you can buy with tokens, but a cool idea would be to open a shoe-shop where you can buy different colour shoes instead of the standard leather ones. Also There should get a Hat that is buyable with tokens (like around 500 i think is reasonable) and maybe even a cape if possible.

11.) Inventory space

A lot of people complained about the lack of inventory space. Like if you add Ethers, a bike, Tm's there is almost no room left for pokeballs, potions, revives and berry's so where do you keep it? Well i thought it would be an awesome idea to have an enderchest in the pokecenters (shaped like something else for instances a little laptop that communicates with ash's mom) That you can access to keep or store items in for more space. Or another option would be to create bagpacks (not visible) that you can access as well and can buy for like 350 tokens or something.

12.) More maps in pokecenters

I would like to see more maps like in the spawn pokecenter. Hang one in every pokecenter with the aerial view of that certain area. It looks cool and gives players a good idea of where what is exactly

Part 2:

http://forums.pokefind.co/index.php...is-beautiful-server-long-21-suggestions.1916/

2. Daan Roes

Daan Roes New Member

Part 1: http://forums.pokefind.co/index.php...is-beautiful-server-long-21-suggestions.1914/

NPC's

13.) Tokens -> coins NPC

Create an NPC that is able to change your tokens into coins. Not the other way around because it will get to easy to obtain tokens, but if you need coins you can spend a few tokens you got from either voting or /claim and get some extra coins.

14.) More NPC's

A big difference with the original pokemon games is that the original games have more houses you can walk into with people in it that you can talk to. This server lacks that a bit. It might be an idea to just make a few more NPC's that just on right clicking tell you something funny or a story to make the game feel a bit more lifelike.

15.) Trading NPC's

Just like in the original games a few of the NPC's (in nr. 14) also give you the option to trade a pokemon for another one. Of course this shouldn't be to crazy like a ratata for a Dragonite, but more like an Onix for a Chansey maybe or something like that. That also can only be done once.

Price changes

16.) Trading with MM

Nobody is going to spend 120 tokens when they are just able to trade with a good friend. It should be at least less than buying a stone around 30 tokens or something. That sounds way more reasonable.

17.) Boat in Finderia

When you want to go to aether village it cost 3000 coins to go with the boat, while you can just go to Ryder and fly there instantly for 2500 coins. Ryder is even closer to /spawn so i would choose that one any time. It sounds more reasonable to change the price of the boat to 2000 coins.

Commands

18.) Remove commands

When you do /help there will currently pop-up way to many commands and a few off them are in my opinion useless as they are as well on the right side with all the info.

My advice would be to remove:

- /list
    - /level
    - /coins

just to clear /help a bit up

19.) Commands to lock pokemon

It would be cool if you can make 2 more commands that can secure pokemons from not being able to be left free in the wild. With a command /Lock you can make sure that pokemons can't be left in the wild cause this sometimes happens on accident with a rare. (happened to my eevee once) to unlock a pokemon simply do /Unlock and he can be left in the wild again. That way you can make sure that you'll never exidently remove your dratini or dragonite or any other pokemon you want to keep. (These pokemon also should not be tradeable while being locked)

20.) Multi set free option

The worst part of PokeFind is in my opinion setting pokemon free. It's good when you have to empty your pc but with the new challenges added you catch 10 weedles and it is so slow before you get them all out of your pc again. Press the barrier wait 8 seconds and it's gone and that 10 times already takes almost 1 and a half minute. That takes way to long. It would be cool if you can set free multiple pokemons at once. Select the pokemons you want to get out confirm. (Still let every pokemon show 1 by 1 if you are sure to set it free). But that saves so much more times and makes it a lot easier

(New Area)

21.) Fairy island

It might be fun to have 1 more island to add between Aura and Aether that you can reach while running over the lines. It would be a fun idea to make it a fairy island for until the moment gen 6 pokemon finally will reach the server and it makes it a bit better in my opinion. Remove jigglypuffs, clefairy's, wigglytuffs, Clefables to that Island so only normal pokemon and some birds will spawn in Finderia to make the server a bit more balanced.

Wow that took a long time to write and probably to read aswell. Please make sure to like it to increase the chance of mods, builders and admins seeing this and let me know in the comments if something is unclear or if something is a good idea or not or if you maybe want to add something.

Thanks for listening and hope some idea's make it in PokeFind one day

- Daan Roes (xKillerQueenx)

Hey,
    I completed the beedrill challenge, I killed 5 beeddrills and the challenge disappeared, but I didn't get my reward, my other 2 challenges stayed so there wasn't a challenge change (or whatever you call it) if you know why, plz help me, I may of got my reward and not gotten a leaf stone but it didn't shop up in chat and I didn't see or hear my xp go up for my trainer level,

Imnotafont

I got my reward for the muk challenge and it said it in chat as well, anyone got any ideas or reasons for this?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
    Bananabubble likes this.
  3. mmMelon

mmMelon Active Member

I love these suggestions dude, I can tell you have taken sometime to write this post! :D

Bananabubble and Daan Roes like this.
  4. HexedHero

HexedHero Member

Love these!

Daan Roes likes this.
  5. Mast3rf0g

Mast3rf0g Well-Known Member

Actually, theres a pokecenter at battle city ;)

Daan Roes likes this.
  6. Daan Roes

Daan Roes New Member

Ok never saw it than ;) i'm only afraid that i mess up when i edit the post so I'll keep it standing there, but thanks for the reaction XD

7. Klasher4814

Klasher4814 New Member

Great post!

Daan Roes likes this.
  8. ZombByeGod

ZombByeGod Well-Known Member

Wow... I have never seen so many things suggested on the same post before.

The fairy is island is awesome and I've suggested it before. I was kinda thinking of having the island in the middle of the map be the fairy island cause its mostly useless.

Trading with MM for such a ridiculous price is well... ridiculous. I never understood the nee for such a high price but since most people trade with player I guess I ignored it. It should be 5 or 10 tokens in my opinion.

Can't you buy Max either from PokeShop. I'm pretty sure you can.

No.6 is really annoying. It's never happened to me but I heard it and I can probably imagine how annoying it might be.

Currently the most wanted feature I wanted to be added is breeding. Pokemon is the same without having breeding in it. We really need this.

Awesome suggestions! :D

Daan Roes likes this.
  9. Daan Roes

Daan Roes New Member

I agree on the safari zone as well, but the only thing I am afraid of is when the create it every pokemon is obtainable for everyone. Dratini's rarity will drop a lot and could make it all less enjoyable. That's also why i suggested making it taking a week to balance it a bit

10. NerfedSurvivor

NerfedSurvivor New Member

I agree with #5 because it happens to me ALL THE TIME!