About the whole gen 2 egg thing...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aegislash, May 4, 2017.

1. Aegislash

Aegislash New Member

Look,
    Your server is amazing. There's nothing like it. But when it comes to updates... you guys are doing it all wrong.

I am a free-to-play player that really wants to enjoy this server but just can't. Every update I hope something gets added that will let me as a f2p player enjoy the server, but THE ONLY THING that gets added is eggs. Eggs that are purchasable by donors that give a huge advantage. Today, however, was where it got too far.

Releasing an entire generation but only in eggs? Who thought that was a good idea? I really hope you guys realize that not everybody wants to spend money on a minecraft server.

The actual gameplay itself really needs some work. Gyms are very boring and repetitive at the moment, as you just fight a ton, claim, repeat daily. Leveling up is very slow and repetitive, and is not very rewarding. A ton of pokemon are not even available in gen 1 outside of eggs.

If you guys want your server to stay around for a long time, I would highly recommend fixing a lot of these core gameplay mechanics, and even add more updates than just eggs and donor-exclusive items. You could add breeding, more npcs, even legendary events! Just don't forget all of those ideas in hopes of getting a bit more money.

2. HexedHero

HexedHero Member

I completely understand where you are coming from!
    But "Releasing an entire generation but only in eggs?" this isn't no where near true, the Gen 2 eggs only have very little amount of the upcoming Pokemon and you will be able to find them in the wild once they are release, the eggs are just early releases of the upcoming Pokemon. Remember they are making models, moves, move animations and just way more to the server just for Gen 2 to be released and the creators work so hard on doing these but they won't be getting any money from releasing Gen 2 into the wild. So releasing a purchasable egg to get some of them early is a good way to get money for actually making Gen 2! Don't worry, The eggs are just early access to some of them and there will be a update where they are all in the wild.

Also remember that the server is very new, and they are working on a lot of things to be improved and added, Just wait. :)

Vargr__ likes this.
  3. speedyy__

speedyy__ New Member

''early releases'' for sellouts only, as always
    10/10

4. ZombByeGod

ZombByeGod Well-Known Member

As said before, this is only for now. Players who buy eggs or ranks helps the server exist so the server usually does something nice back to them. Like Skyblock. When beta came only ranked players were allowed to play until Beta was done. After Beta finished all progress was reset and everyone (F2P and Ranked) started at the same time. Gen 2 pokemon will eventually be in the wild but for now only egg forms exist.

5. GamingChicken22

GamingChicken22 New Member

I can't wait for the release of Gen 2, but how are they going to do the starters? Only obtainable from eggs?

6. ZombByeGod

ZombByeGod Well-Known Member

Same here, I can't wait! I think Gen 2 starter might only be obtainable from eggs. But I hope you get to at least pick 1 starter when Gen 2 comes. Also wondering is their's gonna be another way to catch legendaries without legend rank. Maybe you can find Raikou, Entei and Suicune in the wild just like the core games.

7. SVGDerek

SVGDerek New Member

It is an available option for those who choose not to wait for the full release. The fact that these pokemon will be obtainable sometime in the future is why the server is not a P2W. Especially because I've seen people trade for gen 2 pokemon without spending a dime.

HexedHero likes this.
  8. LivtheLion_

LivtheLion_ New Member

Yeah! I just bought the Elite rank and choose Cindaquil as my starter, i did not realise that this happened... Are we able to add gen 2 pokemon to level up if you have them in gen 1?