Breeding is coming and we need your help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrJoshyy, Aug 24, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. MrJoshyy

MrJoshyy Active Member

Exciting times are ahead, the long awaited arrival of breeding is almost upon us but we need your help. As you know we try to stay as true to the games as possible but we also want to make it fair for all players. Which is where you guys come in, we are looking for your thoughts and opinions on how best to implement.

So please post your ideas in the thread below and try to stay as true to the games as possible ;)

Mikele6 likes this.
  2. Firetoe7699

Firetoe7699 New Member

We should be able to breed for better abilities, natures and ivs!

3. charlie_boi

charlie_boi Admin Staff Member Manager

• Breeding should have the option of being done with two of your own pokemon or one of your pokemon and one of someone elses. If you choose to breed with someone else the resulting pokemon should have elevated IVs and a chance of having their hidden ability.
    • Pokemon should only be able to breed once a day
    • Shiny Pokemon should be able to come from breeding. (Or if you don't want to give up shiny pokemon to it, create a new type like auras that are only from breeding.)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  4. BestGameMike

BestGameMike New Member

Do whatever you want to with breeding, just don't let the rarest pokemons like dratini or larvitar lose their value...

5. MysticDoesPvp

MysticDoesPvp Well-Known Member

Hmm, in the games you're able to breed legendaries, I would say the only way to get it is by breeding a Ditto + ??? which will create an egg, I think you would have to hatch the egg by walking, or you can just use the egg incubator :p

6. tanker_skull1997

tanker_skull1997 New Member

Eg out charizard and dragonite in the breader 24 houres later you have a chance to get a mix of there typeing with a constent 60 xhances of nothing so you can get a fire flying or dragon flying /just 1 type but level it so sertan pokemon at diffent lvls as normal hatch egg by walking

7. Lumbaba

Lumbaba New Member

When breeding 2 poke, make it more exciting by not let poke come out, but come as a egg. Same time make some colors for like natur it might be or iv on the egg if u do. Cuz there is many people wanting a egg, so this could be their replacement for it. But dont make like high iv egg like in shop.

8. evanmarioboy

evanmarioboy Member

Love breeding, just don't make it so strong to where some Pokémon that are good now lose value.

Grapes likes this.
  9. Quasis

Quasis New Member

Hmm... I agree w/ FireToe7699, however it should be a more balanced matter... If both of the IVs that are being bred together, they should go up perhaps a certain percentage depending on how high the pokemon's IVs are.

Example: Pokémon 1 has 60% & Pokémon 2 has 60%, they would make another one with 64% (or around there)...
    Where as Pokémon 1 with 90% & Pokémon 2 has 90% it will make another with 91% IV.

Sorry if this isn't that accurate for the PokeFind game style, however, what I know is purely based off of what I have
    learned from the community.

10. SwagLikePikachu

SwagLikePikachu New Member

I think there might have to be restrictions on some pokemon in breeding, Ppl could breed infinite shinies which might be too op. However, breeding introduced is going to make it much easier to fill the dex so maybe there should be a reward for that?

11. La'Dragos

La'Dragos New Member

I Think you guys should add Houses to buy and you can customize them and what not and make breeding be like in pixlemon where whey have certain requirements and you have a machine that collects the eggs I think that would be Great Cause the one thing I Was hoping when I hoped on this server that there would be houses you can own.

12. ItsDemo_

ItsDemo_ Well-Known Member

I would say try keeping the value of some of ttar and dnites, breeding ditto with X to get the X pokemon but with better nature and ivs. I wouldnt mind breeding legendaries but at the same time I would rather not because value of them would drop(being if trading legendaries ever comes back.) Also with shinny+ pokemon breeding them I feel if you make it where the pokemon will have a very low chance of being that rarity of one of the breed pokemon would be could but devalue the pokemon.

13. BaconLord

BaconLord New Member

While staying true to the games is a good thing to do, that might be hard to implement, especially if the resulting egg has to be walked around with the hatch, I would suggest 1 of 2 systems:

1. A chance of breeding something, also a chance of breeding nothing, with an infinite amount of tries, tries would require 2 eligible pokemon and some tokens to keep tries from happening all the time. Depending on the amount of tokens given, the cooldown will be shorter, so if 5 tokens are needed, a 24 hour CD would make sense, whereas if maybe 20 or even 50 were needed, it would be a short, maybe even nonexistent cooldown.

2. Breeding requires 2 pokemon, and both are consumed when the breeding is over. This would require no cooldown.

14. twqero

twqero New Member

have a new npc in the pokemon center that you talk to that asks you if you would like to breed your pokemon and then you chose eather yes or no if you chose no the npc says ok have a nice day if you chose yes it opens your party or pc and then you can chose what two pokemon you want to bread and then you leave and come back and the npc says here are your pokemon and we also found this egg would you like to have it? and then you have an egg or get eggs at the pokestops and have it like pokemon go - sincerely twqero and zoomiie

15. ScroogePCGaming

ScroogePCGaming New Member

A shiny charm that can improve your chances from around 1/8000 to 1/4000, Masuda method to lower those chances from either 1/8000 to 1/4000, and if it was already 1/4000 then 1/2000. The masuda method would mean you have a pokemon from a different country breeding with one from yours. The shiny charm would be if you get all non-legend pokemon, professor hemlock will ring you up and give it to you. Also, some pokemon like to breed with other pokemon more. That means they would make an egg faster than a different combo. Of course, ditto can breed with any pokemon (except legends, staying true to the games) and it would be the non-ditto pokemon in the egg. Also, you would have to pay a small fee to put your pokemon in. Hopefully with this update we get the everstone, oval charm, and destiny knot. The everstone guarantees the same nature from the parent that is holding it, the oval charm is something you hold and decreases the time for making an egg, and destiny knot guarantees that 5 ivs will be the same. All in all, this would be a great thing to have so that people who are bored can shiny hunt and get better pokemon to battle with.

Of course, there is a step count in the game and once you do (x) steps the egg hatches. Make it so you cant hatch eggs while flying please, otherwise people would say its p2w. Make it so only walking, running and biking works. <3 u all

16. Preston Saxon

Preston Saxon New Member

Make it a Jataro-only feature, but figure out a way to not let rare pokemon lose their value by being bred too much.
    Maybe when certain natures are bred together, there can only be so many natures the child can be (like blood type)
    Maybe you have to leave your pokemon at the breeder for so many hours and then pay to get your pokemon and the child back after the time is up
    The new poke could come out as an egg instead of it already being hatched.
    Either you'd have to carry it in your hotbar for a certain amount of time, or you have to walk so many blocks with it for it to hatch (the amount of blocks could depend on the rarity of the pokemon).

17. MysticDoesPvp

MysticDoesPvp Well-Known Member

But the question is, where will be breed? In the server you're not allowed to build, so I'm suggesting we could claim a plot so we can each get a ranch block.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    La'Dragos likes this.
  18. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

breeding is a cool thing I would love to see it happen where you can get better nature and ivs but dont make it where it will decrease the vaule of ttar and dnite and so on, legendarys are only gotten through the store so it isnt right to let people be able to breed them and if you do add that you should make it where they have to buy something to breed a legendary, and dont let people breed auras and ttars that will make there vaule useless and no one will buy them.

19. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

im sure they will add a breed command or something.

20. Zyler

Zyler New Member

I think you should make make building and put it in on the path from foretree to falls lagoon and then make it where you breed 2 pokes it will breed with decent stats and with shinies has a higher percent chance for better ivs and like a 1% chance to get a shiny if its 2 duplicate shinies pokes breedong same with aura but higher chance for better ivs and we have to carry around the egg and like once we battle like 20 pokes (execluding really weak pokes like weedle) then it will hatch a give you whatever poke and has a random iv and one of the breeded pokes nature and there is a small chance to get both boosted stats from poth natures ex EX: adamant/naive +speed & +attack same with lowered small chance to get both lows stats