Breeding is coming and we need your help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrJoshyy, Aug 24, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. DoctorDave11

    DoctorDave11 New Member

    Mar 17, 2017
    I think it would make sense to have the chance to breed shinies true to the normal game. However because that would be unfair to those who bought shinies it would only be possible with a shiny breeding with a low chance. The same would go for auras and shadow Pokémon. As others have mentioned you would want to be careful as to not make rare Pokémon lose their value this could be solved by making a limited amount of either trades or breeding a day to prevent an influx of rares into trading.
  2. Voultronix

    Voultronix Crazy Active Member

    Mar 25, 2017
    1) make the ivs and nature be completely random
    2) the Pokemon which it is should be determined by what egg group the parents come from ( so for example you breed dnite and charizard , the Pokemon chosen can come from a few different egg groups and might not even be either for the parents)
    3) the Pokemon breed straight way a and you get the Pokemon at lvl 5 but you cannot breed till the 3 day cool down is over.
    4) make breeding restricted to gen 3
    5) no special pokemon like shadows or aura can have babies that are special like there parents
  3. cas

    cas New Member

    Feb 25, 2017
    Make eggType . Cute Types Cute are Pink and Eggtypes are rainbows
  4. GsTY

    GsTY New Member

    Aug 4, 2017
    I feel like it should be like the games where when u breed 2 pokes it has the chance to pass down the IVs of both mixed together and one of the natures, and the eggs should be hatched through walking so it cant be instant with a 24 hr cooldown so people can't keep breeding over and over and get an op Pokemon such as Max IVs and the perfect nature and when hatched, the pokemon will be lvl 1 to keep it like the games
  5. Ninfuzz

    Ninfuzz New Member

    Aug 16, 2017
    There should be breeding stations in some to all Pokémon centers and you should be able to breed with either 2 of your own Pokémon or 1 of yours, 1 of someone else's. The nature and other stats about a Pokémon would not entirely depend on the stats that the parents had. Also just like in the games, the Baby Pokémon should be the same as the mother.
  6. MadstonMagic

    MadstonMagic New Member

    Mar 29, 2017
    Please add some of these <3
    preferably: Kurt!
  7. Greg Oldfield

    Greg Oldfield New Member

    Jun 16, 2017
    There should be special held items that keep that pokemons ivs/nature/ability and should be able to get in game with a quest or buying with in game coins and ditto should be able to breed with any pokemon
  8. LordOfEyeballs

    LordOfEyeballs Sr. Moderator Staff Member

    Aug 1, 2017
    Natures should have 50% chance to come from either parents and 50% to be completely random.
    In case the Everstone is added, it should be obtainable from the mystery man only. And after that the nature should have a 75%-100% chance to pass down from whoever holds it.

    Same as handheld game mechanics.

    3 Ivs should be taken from either one of the parents, the other 3 random.
    In case the destiny knot is added, it should be obtainable from the mystery man only. While holding the destiny knot, the holder has x% chance to pass down 1-2 additional ivs.

    With steps:
    Every X steps you have a chance of getting an egg, with the chance dependent on if the parents like, hate each other or are neutral (like in the games). Steps should be counted in meters like you can find in the statistics menu.

    Once you get the egg it should take Y amount of steps to hatch it, depending on the rarity of the pokemon.

    With timers:
    After putting in the parents, it takes an X amount of time for an egg to appear, the time depending on the rarity of the pokemon.

    The time it should take to hatch the pokemon should be dependent on the rarity of the pokemon that is meant to come out of the egg.

    Upon hatching an egg, the pokemon that comes out should be lvl1.

    In order to not let the rare pokemon lose their value, the time/steps needed to hatch should increase exponentially the rarer a pokemon is.
    shiny/aura/shadow pokemon should not be obtainable through breeding since they would lose their value after a while, but you should be able to use them as a parent.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  9. Obi_Wan_Kentucki

    Obi_Wan_Kentucki New Member

    Jun 15, 2017
    I personally think that it should be available for all players and there should be a Daycare Centre just like in the games. I can't wait for breeding to be implemented. Just a thought, would you be able to trade eggs and would that devalue starters?
  10. Knightwolfshy

    Knightwolfshy New Member

    Aug 24, 2017
    I just say let it be just like the actual games.
    Everstone passing down the nature's 100% or whatever y'all like it. Abilities I don't remember if only males or females with the certain ones can only pass it down.

    A big one is the egg moves. The egg moves will bring more value to the rares. Now for all the the people ranting about rares losing their values. Y'all wanted breeding yes? It was going to happen anyways. Even with strict steps to get it harder or something. People will sell it cheap now. Like me.

    Ditto will be the only Pokemon to breed everything of course.

    We need the special items that helps out in getting that one missing iv.

    For Auras, shadows, etc. The only thing I see with them is allow them to breed but they come out as normal Pokemons anyways.

    Breeding is fun to do but if you put more strict this and that it will become miserable to some.

    Baby Pokemons. Now them you need special items to end up getting them. Same with pikachu learning Volt tackle by holding light ball. We need that haha.

    I like breeding being simple, easy and most of all being fun to do :)
    Voultronix likes this.
  11. Dremey

    Dremey New Member

    Jul 22, 2017
    I think that there should be a day or 2 cool down for a TRAINER to bread again and some pokes dhaoudnt be able to be bread such as Larv and dtini to keep them rare also many coments are saying that you should be able to get shiners or a special thing I feel like that is a good idea as to adding a rare special skin or just shinys as a very rare chance
  12. PokeKitteh

    PokeKitteh New Member

    Aug 7, 2017
    Breeding creates eggs if my google search was correct. So make more valuable pokes make more valuable eggs. so like a shadow and aura being bred would be a 75% chance aura and 25% chance shadow. Shadow on shadow breeding would make a better shadow like tyranitar or lapras while shadow-aura or shadow-regular would make worse shadows like kanga or exeggutor. Auras and shinys would work the same way. Also put a time limit on how long until both pokes can breed again like 10 days or whatever. IVs would work similarly as a 80% Iv poke being bred with a 23% poke would create a high chance of creating poke with 50% or something in between like that. 90% on79% breeding (example) would make a 87% poke. Its the most balanced way. Shinies are a bit different. They should be able to come out of regular breeding, hence the "shiny" concept, but like a super low chance. Shiny on shiny or shiny on regular would have a higher chance to get a shiny egg. Also only "rare" pokes like the ones that come out of eggs should be the only ones allowed to breed. Other wise you breed a pidgey with a spearow and get a gyardos would just be too op. Natures should be carried on like if you breed an adamant and a lax, you have a 50/50 chance of each. That is the fairest way. You should also add a fairly easy quest to unlock this, so you have to earn it. Don't make it super hard like the shadow quest so newcomers wont be as threatened. It should be fairly difficult, and add parkour and mazes and puzzles so its not just 50 battles. Add a story too like someone has kidnapped the pokemon that are breeding and you have to save them. Everyone past lvl 20 or so should be good enough to beat it. Make it a Kyoto feature. Also add it in jataro and add a quest to unlock that one just for convenience's sake. types like breeding say an aerodactyl and gyardos (both flying types) should have a 50% chance to make it be flying type, 25% chance of it being a water type, and 25% chance of it being rock type. and a 5% chance of it being shiny. This is a great feature that is going to change the server, and I hope it succeds!
  13. TheCookieNeenja

    TheCookieNeenja New Member

    Aug 10, 2017
    Breeding is the form of two Pokemon producing an offspring. However, breeding must contain two Pokemon from the same specific species which both have different genders to be able to breed. This should take place in a breeding center(something like a day care) which has a certain time for incubating which includes the rarity of the Pokemon. Furthermore, Everstone and destiny knot should be implemented as it is a significant item which can totally change the outcome of the offspring's nature and ivs. The Everstone and destiny knot should be used as there should be some sort of machine which allows you to choose which Pokemon holds the everstone and the destiny knot. When entering the Pokecentre, there should be a machine that allows you to place two Pokemon into it, that is currently in your party. They would be taken out of your party when you choose them, and sent to breed, giving you a notification when they are done. You could also implement a "rent a ditto" system for players that do not have a ditto, so in the machine, there is a 3rd option to rent it for some currency. Rentable Ditto's can have every nature which can help breeding. There should also be a notification to show when your two Pokemon have finished breeding.
  14. MysticDoesPvp

    MysticDoesPvp Well-Known Member

    Feb 10, 2017
    I think it might be fair to make the IV of the egg pokemon the average of the parent pokemon, for example 100% + 50% = 75%. In the games the parents also had to be part of the same species and must be different genders.
  15. PokemonMaster601

    PokemonMaster601 New Member

    Jul 21, 2017
    So as being someone who has played pokemon on both this server and the main series extensively, I'm super happy you're beginning to add features to make the server like the main games, and I can't wait to see what's to come. I'm also more than happy to lend as much of my knowledge/advice as needed to successfully implement the new feature, breeding. First (for anyone who didn't know), I want to go over a few key points of breeding in the main series, as to avoid confusion.

    How Breeding works in the main series:

    1) Breeding happens when you place a male and female pokemon in the day care and leave them for a certain amount of time. If enough time has passed, an attendant outside the day care will give you an egg which, when hatched, gives you a level 1 pokemon at the bottom of the mother's evolution line. For instance, a Beedrill and Kakuna breeding would produce a Weedle.

    2) There are 16 categories, called "egg groups", that each species of pokemon are put into, such as the Field Group, Human-like Group, or Flying Group. Each pokemon is in one or two of these groups, much like typing, and it determines which species a pokemon can breed with other than its own, such as Beedrill and Butterfree being able to breed due to them both being in the Bug Group. There are, however, 3 groups that are an exception to what is mentioned above, those being the Ditto Group, Undiscovered Group, and genderless pokemon. In the Ditto Group (what a surprise) is Ditto, and Ditto alone. Ditto has the special characteristic of being able to breed with (almost) any gender or species of pokemon, creating an egg of the other partner (this is the only way to create an egg of a genderless pokemon and the only scenario where the egg is of the male's gender). The only pokemon Ditto can't breed with are Ditto and pokemon in the Undiscovered Group. The Undiscovered Group contains all legendary pokemon, baby pokemon, Nidorino, and Nidoqueen (for some reason), and is the only group that cannot breed with any other pokemon. Genderless pokemon, as stated above, can only breed with Ditto, and currently only include Magnemite, Magneton, Staryu, Starmie, Voltorb, Electrode, and Porygon.

    3) A pokemon hatched from an egg has several qualities. First, it will inherit 3 random IVs from each parent. Second, the baby is more likely to have its parent's ability than any other possible for its species, but cannot gain an ability not usually found on that pokemon (e.x. A Weedle hatched from an egg cannot gain the Compoundeyes ability from a Butterfree parent). Third, the hatched pokemon has a small (like, really small) chance to be shiny. Lastly, but most importantly, a baby pokemon can inherit moves in the following conditions:
    • If both parents know a move that the baby can learn via leveling up, the pokemon will inherit that move.
    • If the father knows any moves that are TMs that the baby is also compatible with, it will inherit the move. If a genderless pokemon breeds with Ditto, the resultant baby will inherit any compatible TM moves that the genderless non-Ditto pokemon parent knows.
    • If the father or the mother knows any specific Egg Moves that the baby can learn, the baby will inherit the move. The Egg Moves that the baby can learn are species-specific, and are best googled if you want to know the info.
    So, that's the basics of breeding in the games, so now let's talk about how breeding should work in Pokefind. Here's a few issues I thought of and solutions to solve them.
    1. Breeding can be used to clone rare pokemon. If the server were to follow the games, pokemon like Dratini or Larvitar could be breed for little to no cost and would remove the value/motivation of catching more than 1-2 of a rare pokemon. For this reason, I think that pokemon hatched from eggs should not be tradable. At the very least, this gives a reason for catching rare pokemon if they pop up.
    2. Even if they can't be traded, you can just keep hatching eggs to get the nature you want on a pokemon. If you can just continuously breed your Larvitars you caught with horrible natures, you can eventually get that adamant one everyone wants so much. I think that grinding for the perfect nature through breeding is a good thing, but it would probably be best regulated if hatching eggs took considerable amounts of time to hatch. In the main series, each egg has a certain amount of steps needed to hatch it, with magikarp being the lowest and rare pokemon like Dratini/Larvitar being the highest and most time-consuming to hatch. I think it would be a great idea to use those numbers on the server, even if the eggs end up being like Pokewars crates with a timer to hatch.
    That's all the issues I can think of right now (feel free to tell me any more if you think of one), so now I want to talk about what I think should be brought over from the main series, without a doubt.
    1. Pokemon should inherit IVs as they do in the main series. I love this concept, as it adds a whole new reason to breed: to try to make the perfect IV pokemon you want. This also means that Aura/Shiny/Shadow pokemon greatly assist in this, since each parent passes down 3 of their IVs. Also, I think that pokemon should be allowed to inherit their Aura/Shiny/Shadow status, but only if those pokemon are un-tradable and bred with another Aura/Shiny/Shadow. It definitely should not be possible to get every single Shiny pokemon just by owning a Shiny Ditto.
    2. Pokemon should be able to inherit egg moves. Maybe this isn't clear how important this is to people who don't play pokemon competitively, but since most pokemon have 2 egg groups, egg moves can be passed through a chain to result in a pokemon learning a move it could never get otherwise. For instance, if a Togetic that learned Wish by leveling up passed that move onto a Pikachu, then that Pikachu passed that move onto Eevee, that Eevee could evolve into a Vaporeon knowing Wish, the only healing move Vaporeon can possibly learn. If Vaporeon has Wish, then suddenly it becomes one of the best tanks in the current games and can shut down most offensive pokemon that aren't prepared for Vaporeon. Tl;dr: We need egg moves.
    3. Legendary pokemon should not be able to breed. Come on, people. Why is this even a question? I wouldn't have mentioned it if so many people hadn't posted that legendaries can breed.
    4. Pokemon should keep the egg groups they have in the main series. I'm 99% sure this is what they're doing anyway, but egg groups are necessary to make sure breeding can't just be done with any two pokemon.
    Okay, now onto the final part, the aspects of breeding that I would like to be implemented, but aren't entirely necessary.
    1. Breeding shouldn't have a super high cost. Even if it just costs coins, that's fine. I just don't want breeding to become another bundle put on the store. I really hope it becomes something that takes time to create the perfect pokemon, even if Aura/Shiny/Shadow pokemon help the process.
    2. I like the idea of running around to hatch eggs. I know it's harder to make than just slapping on a timer and calling it good, but it would reward people who actually spend a lot of time on the server rather than people who just check on it every day for 10 minutes.
    3. Breeding should reward people who invest a lot of time to hatch a good pokemon. In the main series, pretty much the only way to get a good pokemon was to breed it and put in a lot of time/effort. I'm just repeating myself now, but give the people who don't spend a lot of money a way to get good pokemon, even if it is a more tedious method.
    4. Breeding should have a super tiny chance to hatch a shiny. Okay, I know this one isn't gonna happen, but I can't just leave it out of my wish list here. I've spent so many hours breeding for Shiny pokemon in the main series and many people ask "Why would you waste so much time on that?", and the answer is the payoff. Not just the fact that successfully breeding for a shiny, well, gives you a shiny, but it's the knowledge of, "I did that. That pokemon is here because of my hard work and it looks pretty cool". It would make me so happy if it was possible to get a shiny from breeding on Pokefind. (And really, the donators can still have their Auras. Just let us at least have a chance for shinies, pretty please...)
    Okay, well, that's my entire spheal (see what I did there?) about breeding. I hope developers see this and if not, I hope that it has at least informed you or given you ideas about this huge new feature announced today. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me them and I'll do my best to answer them. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go level up my kits on Pokewars.

    EDIT: Wow, I don't know if the devs actually looked at my post, but the thing about how pokemon from an egg shouldn't be tradable was actually put in! I'm really honored if it was my suggestion, but I can't wait to go try it out now! (I hope the shiny thing everyone else was asking for is put in too :))
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    BossKirby and LordOfEyeballs like this.