Can't beat Michael

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spiffy, Oct 31, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Spiffy

Spiffy New Member

I have been trying to beat Michael but have lost every time. I have several level 100s and I don't understand what I can do to defeat him. Can someone suggest good pokemon to defeat him with or a good strategy?

2. Krytonis

Krytonis New Member

I used my scizor to wipe out his entire team with Swords Dance and Bullet Punch. Make sure you take note of EV training when training your pokemon to make them stronger. Another decent method would be stalling with a pokemon with HIGH def and sp. def (for examply me snorlax) and use Toxic and constantly heal.

3. Spiffy

Spiffy New Member

ok what effort values should i concentrate on?

4. Spiffy

Spiffy New Member

thank you btw for the response

5. UV_Hail

UV_Hail Well-Known Member

Hello Spiffy,

If you are looking to follow Krytonis's suggestion and build a scizor, I would personally recommend 252 evs in attack, and either 252 in defense, or 252 in hp. If you would like to use a stall team instead, then I would recommend pokemon like umbreon with evs in special defense and hp / defense. For stall teams I would also advise you use moves like protect so that the shadow pokemon take extra reverse mode damage. If you are looking for another sweeper, you can try building a dragonite with 252 attack evs and 252 speed evs. A dragonite, after using dragon dance a few times, can quite easily defeat Michael. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions feel free to message me on discord or on the forums! :)

6. dombatt1

dombatt1 Active Member

All I recommend is a dragonite with dragon dance or a scizor with swords dance, that always does the job ;)

7. ToastyTunes

ToastyTunes ToastyTunes

You also have to wish for luck! For instance, your opponent will use a Non-Damagable move to your Pokémon (Like Calm Mind, Agility) That means you have chances on striking them when they can't strike you back! I also recommend using Dragonite just like @dombatt1 Mentioned ;) Dragon Dance + Outrage or Dragon Claw can save the day.

8. Spiffy

Spiffy New Member

But michaels poke down take shadow damage...

9. Spiffy

Spiffy New Member

Ok i will train my dnite and make sure to put those on him

10. UV_Hail

Sounds good! Best of luck to you!

11. Spiffy

Spiffy New Member

ok so I have been getting scizor up and going. should I use my mewtwo? it has calm mind, recover, focus blast, and I'm leveling it up to get psystrike. should i use aura sphere or focus blast?

12. UV_Hail

I would personally advise aura sphere. Although Focus Blast has more power, the power of a move doesn't matter if the move doesn't land. :)