CBattle Overhaul

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by charlie_boi, Dec 19, 2017.

1. charlie_boi

charlie_boi Admin Staff Member Manager

So following on from my suggestion for new types of Tournaments I'm going to suggest an overhaul of the CBattle system in the same way. After getting a lot of feedback on discord from the tiered tournaments suggestion I made I feel like its actually far more suited for a CBattle overhaul.

So a bit into why first. CBattle is dying(a lot would say its already dead) Its a small group of a very large community that use it. Why? A couple of reasons. There is no incentive to CBattle unless you are a competetive person. Second, CBattle is dominated by a handful of players using teams of shadow Pokemon and legendary Pokemon, this discourages a lot of people from using it once they've gone up against these individuals. (A huge complaint is that CBattle is very p2w. And this might be the one time that I agree with a p2w argument on Pokefind.)

So my suggestion is to overhaul CBattle by introducing different CBattle types that loosely follow the Smogon Tiers, this is a lot simpler than trying to run a Smogon Tiered tournament as these could have the rules coded into them. Implementing this would in a sense give players the option to select a difficulty for their CBattles as they could choose a tier that their team fits into or even create teams for each tier and try to dominate them all. Each tier would have their own leader boards for players to try and work their way to the top of.

Players would have incentive to CBattle thanks to a new point reward system that would reward them BP(Battle Points) for winning. They could spend these points on various things or exchange them for coins or tokens. Special rewards would also be given to players who reach the top rank on a leader board, this would only be given once to stop exploitation.

I feel like this would be simple enough for anyone to understand. There would be explanations of each tier in the CBattle menu and if you tried queuing yourself with an invalid Pokemon in your party it would tell you which ones are invalid so you could easily switch them out.

--------------------CBattle Tiers--------------------​

Little Cup - The Little Cup tier is special, it only allows pre-evolved(base form) Pokemon that are capable of evolution to be used. All Pokemon are set to lvl5. Some Pokemon are banned from use in this tier, as are some moves. More information can be found by clicking the link.

Novice Tier - Sort of the beginners tier to get your feet wet. The tier would only allow Pokemon from the LC, PU, NU, and RU tiers.

Expert Tier - Things start to get real in the expert tier. All Pokemon from the Novice Tier as well as Pokemon from the UU and OU tiers are allowed. *Note* Some of the lesser legendary Pokemon start to show up here, such as the legendary birds and Mew.

Champion Tier - A no bars battle with no limitations on Pokemon except Shadow Pokemon. All Pokemon from previous tiers are allowed as well as Pokemon from the Uber tier. All legendary Pokemon can be used here.

AG Tier - aka the Anything Goes tier, a place were extremely overpowered Pokemon such as Mega Rayquaza have been banished to. We would make use of this tier by allowing Shadow Pokemon to be used here. This tier has no Pokemon limitations whatsoever.

-------------------------Rewards-------------------------

On to the incentive! Every battle you win you will be rewarded with 2 BP, if you manage to maintain a winning streak of 5 you will be awarded an additional 10 BP. This winning streak bonus happens every 5 battles that you maintain the streak for.

BP Can be used in a special shop to purchase held items, and maybe a few special cosmetic items. The held items could include things that we have already been given as quest rewards adding a way for us to regain our items should we have lost them or traded them away or just want more. They could also include things such as all of the held berries that haven't been added yet and more expensive items such as the assault vest and eviolite. Another thought for BP is that we can exchange them for coins or tokens giving us a new renewable source for both(something that has been requested a lot for tokens.)

-------------------------One time rewards-------------------------

Reaching the top rank of a tier is no easy feat, as such I believe we should be rewarded if we make it onto the top 10 leaderboard. I think this should be an un-tradable cosmetic reward to simply show off our prowess. Perhaps a special hat for each tier or special shoes.

As always please leave feedback. <3 Thanks for reading.​

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    xArcuz likes this.
  2. Demonicore

Demonicore New Member

Very good solution to the op pokemon people use in cbattle

3. xArcuz

xArcuz Active Member

Great suggestion Charlie :D I support it!

4. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Definitely agree , however again smogon tiers defeat the purpose of encouraging everyone because a lot of people can't even make the effort to learn the evolution lines for the starters

5. charlie_boi

Haha. Well, hmm, I would argue that people are already discouraged from cbattles due the the lack of regulations and glitches. There might be a small learning curve at first for people who don't know Pokemon that well but if the system were coded to tell them which Pokemon they're trying to use weren't valid for that tier and why I feel like they would pick up on it fast. Plus, we have a great community that writes guides for everything. :)

6. Prokopis

Prokopis Active Member

Great Suggestion.It would bring life to Competitive Battling and would encourage players to try new tactics and learn the basic in order to achieve their goals and get their rewards.I would definitely love to see this suggestion being added to the game.

7. Voultronix

I'm still not convinced that a ten year old could quite grasp smogon tiers. Look I love the tiers because it encourages the use of different Pokemon but it isn't practical coding wise or learning wise

8. charlie_boi

I would still argue against that. A 10 year old is perfectly capable of understanding that "this pokemon cannot be used in this tier, select another tier or replace the pokemon." This suggestion is mostly to "fix" the problem of cbattle being dominated by p2w shadow/legend teams, an alternative solution is to just remove the usage of those pokemon from cbattle, but I think people would be far less happy with that. From a coding standpoint it isn't very complicated, just time consuming.

9. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

Although I'm not as knowledgeable about Smogon Tiers I would love this idea, or anything to revamp Competitive Battling. As a player, it can get annoying when my team is not preparing to counter Legendaries and Shadow Pokemon. Tiers/limitations would be a perfect way to fix this. Great Idea and would love to start learning if it came out :D

10. kdrshv

kdrshv Active Member

Im ok with this suggestion but shadows are not p2w.
    You can win 3 shadow eggs by completing 3 shadow quests.

11. KevinKimYT

KevinKimYT New Member

Nice One :D

12. Voultronix

That is also true. However there are loads of bought shadows too

13. Aric - Smidgy

Aric - Smidgy New Member

Nice suggestion. Not a lot of people actually play cbattle, so I believe a cbattle revamp would bring some people to play.

14. GODCHUECO

GODCHUECO New Member