Digging Up the Past Trainer Level Question

Discussion in 'Help' started by Alitaeto, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Alitaeto

Alitaeto New Member

In the quest Digging Up the Past, I can't make it past the Thug Guard because his Pokemon is level 80 and mine are level 15. My trainer level is only 5, and the "minimum trainer level" for the quest was said to be 3. I've tried battling the Guard three times, and so far there's no trick to it. Do I simply have to get better Pokemon, or is there a hidden trick? Please advise.

2. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

You do need to get better pokemon. The minimum trainer level of 3 is to that you can do it at pretty close to every trainer level on the server. There is no hidden trick ;)

3. Alitaeto

Alitaeto New Member

Thank you for the support. But:
    As I said, my trainer level is 5, and I can only see up to level 15 Pokémon. I’m not sure if this is a glitch or bug on my side, as I had a friend (trainer level 1) who could see level 15 Pokémon. Am I supposed to be able to see and catch level 80, or close, Pokémon at level 3?

4. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

You shouldn't be able to see lvl 15 pokemon at trainer level 1 (level 15 at level 5 is normal), you can see the max trainer lvl you can receive when you level up, where it will give you a message "You can now catch ____ level in the wild". Also, the max lvl you can see in the wild is 55, the way you get lvl 80's is by killing other pokemon/trainers for experience.