Gym Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JolteonRoyalty, Feb 15, 2019.

1. JolteonRoyalty

JolteonRoyalty New Member

Pokefind is the only game that hosts Pokemon battles of 6 vs 9. A unique feature such as this should not be left to collect dust. On the contrary, Town/Player Gyms need a few improvements to become the next step in competitive Pokemon battling.

1. Problem Addressed: Player-owned gym Pokemon using moves that are not appropriate for the battle situation. An example would be an A.I. using roost stall before setting up toxic.

Suggestion: Players who add a Pokemon in a team/town gym also are given the option to choose which move they want their Pokemon to use first, second, third and, fourth during all challenge battles from an opposing team on that gym. Insert Reactions Here

Predicted Outcome: Improves strategy, Genuine to giving Pokemon commands, may replace AI battle sequence coding for gyms.

2. Problem Addressed: Level 9 gyms feel underwhelming, weak, and also de-level too fast.

Suggestion: Defeating all Pokemon inside a level 9 gym, without giving up and, with at least 1 Pokemon able to battle, will replace the way for another team to demote a level 9 gym to level 8. Gyms de-level normally, as they are now, from level 8. Insert Reactions Here

Cons: Full teams of 9 Legendaries/ Shadows/ Anniversary Pokemon maybe too difficult to battle to be overwhelmed. This could cause opposing teams to use singular Attack strategies.

Predicted Outcome: Prolonged Gym claimed time, Unique battle style of 6 vs 9, difficult Pokemon battles.

3. Problem Addressed: Gym leaders being the face of the gym but at the same time lack in leading their defending Pokemon to victory.

Suggestion A: Gym leaders of level 9 gyms will be allowed to choose the order in which the Pokemon inside battle from first(1st) to last(9th). Insert Reactions Here

Cons: Moves like baton pass, Roar, and Volt switch will be pre-determined switch in’s/out’s instead of randomly choosing another Pokemon in the line. This cannot apply to level 8 and below gyms because gym leaders should not be allowed to re-arrange the order in which the defending Pokemon leave when the gym de-levels. Not until at least the gym reaches level 9.

Suggestion B: Gym Leaders of level 9 gyms will be allowed to add two Pokemon to a single gym. This raises the max number of Pokemon within a single gym to 10 Pokemon. Insert Reactions Here

Predicted Outcome for A and B: Promotes Legend Rank Legendary Pokemon, Utilizes the abilities and Type coverages of Pokemon within the gym, insights aspiring trainers to think about team compositions.

Thanks for reading these 4 suggestions and message me whether or not a maximum of 10 or 9 Pokemon is better – Whether or not level 9 gyms should be harder to take down. – Should players get a choice to pre-determine which moves their Pokemon will use in a gym defense?

Sagestar likes this.
  2. Sagestar

Sagestar Member

I love it :D

3. Wolflord101

Wolflord101 Member

This would be better...... Once i got a gym only to have sum1 come in and take it over cuz my pokemon only used roost or synthesis. ]:{

4. JolteonRoyalty

Fun Fact: I battled forty level 100 pokemon within enemy gyms and exactly half of all those pokemon used a move that would help them win on the first turn. The other 20 pokemon used a move that would not be as beneficial for victory as their other moves might have been. The score is 20/20. Try testing it for yourself.

5. JolteonRoyalty

If even just one of these suggestions makes it through, i would want the ability to choose which move my pokemon will use when defending because it will feel more satisfying using a move i chose that failed rather than a move i did not choose that failed.