held items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ScroogePCGaming, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScroogePCGaming

ScroogePCGaming New Member

1. Ability Capsule.
    Description:This items allows people to change a pokemon's ability on demand.
    Use: It is highly useful to competitive players wanting other abilities on pokemon, such as a swift swim kingdra and a technician scizor.

2. Choice items:
    Description: Choice specs increases the pokemon's special attack, but it can only choose the first move it uses. Choice band increases the pokemon's attack, but it can only choose the first move it uses. Choice scarf increases speed, but the pokemon can only choose the first move it uses.
    Use: pokemon can do switcheroo onto another pokemon to give the opponent the item and take away the opponent's ability to set up, and for electrode it can use choice scarf and explosion to get the first hit.

3. Life orb
    Description: Boosts power of moves by 30%, but takes 10% recoil no matter what attacking move is used
    Use: On glass cannons, such as alakazam, to sweep a team and take out possible tanks
    3 1/2. Toxic orb
    Description: Badly poisons the user
    Use: on pokemon with poison heal and healing moves to stall

4. Leftovers
    Description: heals 1/16th of the pokemon's total hp each turn
    Use: on stallers to constantly heal

5. Focus Sash
    Description: Allows holder to survive the first attack that hits it.
    Use: FEAR RATTATA INBOUND. Also used on slow-but-powerful pokemon
    note: in the games it is a one-time use. Please dont do this in Pokefind, people will get annoyed as to why their focus sash disappeared. BUT make it so each pokemon can use it once every battle at most.

6. The typing plates
    Description: Boosts the power of moves of the same type as the plate by 20%. Pokemon with the ability multi type change into the plate's type
    Use: to power up moves for sweeping and to change Arceus' type

I will definitely be adding more, but these are the most useful ones.

lego10001 likes this.
  2. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

As much as I like you scrooge some of this items are going to ruin pokefind.
    1) this is definitely the only one I want to be added.
    However all the other hand held items change the game a lot. They are great competitive items however the skill gap becomes increasingly bigger . Only players late game would be able to afford these held items and cbattle would be even more unfair to lower players. I personally hate hand held items because it makes the game complicated and makes certain pokemon like sweepers even harder to kill which just correlates to a toxic meta.

3. charlie_boi

charlie_boi Admin Staff Member Manager

Then change cbattle. It desperately needs it anyways. Don't keep a core function of the game withheld because it creates a skill gap, just fix the skill gap. It wouldn't be hard to create tutorials to teach the use of held items. its also easy to google what an item does and how to use it. The items could easily be made available to everyone if the price was kept low, they cost tokens, or they are given as challenge/quest rewards.

4. b4history

b4history New Member

They should also add destiny knot to make breeding easier. Right now, trying to get a pokemon with the perfect ivs relies too much on luck.

5. ToastyTunes

ToastyTunes ToastyTunes

This sounds quite complex :D But I love the idea!

6. Jonathan Iglesias

Jonathan Iglesias New Member

How do you use the ability capsule, i want to switch my blaziken's ability to speed boost

7. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

Thread Locked Due To Necroposting