Missing must-haves, simplifications, improvements for diversity and fun

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by neuerdestroyer, Apr 25, 2017.

1. neuerdestroyer

neuerdestroyer New Member

Hello,
    recently i got to your server accidentially. But i stayed for hours because it was surprisingly fun. I wondered how good it works. The map is beautiful and the monster are distributed reasonably. I can see the hard work behind it. However, after a while i found out this project is still pretty much at the beginning, looking at the bugs ( i already reported some =) ) and some missing gameplay elements.

First of all, the beginning is a bit confusing. Me, as someone who didnt play both pokemon go and regular pokemon, needed more information about what is going on. There are pokestops which are obviously from pokemon go, but there is also the regular battle mechanic. I spammed a lot questions about IVs, levels, battling and basic mechanics. You could summarize in the starter's book what you used from the appropiate game.
    (Btw i still dont know what aura is. Its not even described in the shop)

Secondly the moves. You really should install TMs and move tutors (or something) for breeding moves. Atm pokemon suffer from the 3rd gen syndrome, they are very predictable with only 1 good moveset, and most are far behind their potential. As a competitive player i would really appreciate it.

Now from the "must-haves" lets come to the simplifications. I would really recommend items for changing the abillity and IVs. Fan Projects did it long before and even nintendo had an insight on the last games. Even with breeding, which is not featured in your game, getting fit pokemon for online fights is a pain in the *** and sucks unbelievable muchlife time. The items must not be common or easy accessable, but at least let them exist.

Those upper three are my main suggestions, which would improve the game a lot. Im sure you already got some of those ideas by yourself, so just see it as a yes, we appreciate it.

Now to the improvement that are not necessary but still improvements and more fun.
    The maps are very empty at a lot places. Basically every city except the main has empty houses. There is very few life. You could place some npc's there which would fight or give quests or trade. This would also give more variety between grinding and level 100.

Also the amount of pokemon spawns can easily be doubled or more. On mountains or places far outside of cities there is nothing for kilometers.

You could rise the max level of the pokemon that appear on a certain trainer level. Would give the possibility to have harder fights since their max level (or lower) is the level of my main pokemon.

This was it pretty much. looks more than it is. Have fun reading =)

2. ZombByeGod

ZombByeGod Well-Known Member

Nice Suggestions! Here is my opinion on them:

1) Ya the starter book need to be updated. Fun fact, I inspired the starter book after a post I made :D
    2) Everyone is waiting for Tm/Hm to get added. Hopefully its one of the three big updates coming soon.
    3) Changing abilities might be fine but Iv are meant to be rare and special. Items that can increase Iv will make high Iv pokemon less special.
    4) Ya we need detailed houses in the game but that might take to long.
    5 and 6) I think its fine and doesn't need any tweaking.

3. Danielmoody

Danielmoody New Member

There are some very nice suggestions here. I especially like the idea of multiple npcs to battle Pokemon spawn rates are affected by the amount of players in that area which may be why your not seeing many spawns in the mountains etc
    As for info on aura eggs etc we have a very good staff team and a large community who are also sharing info with each other The pokefind discord is always active so may be a good thing to look into joining if you haven't already
    Thanks for the suggestions!

4. neuerdestroyer

Thank you very much for your answer. I will join discord soon if i have further questions.

I just realised one more tiny thing that could be improved. its the speed of battles. its takes about 3 seconds between animation and text. And the text is pretty slow to. If the problem is, that the text showtime is too short, i would recommend just showing it below the previous text. or better an option in the setting, like text tempo 1,2,3 ^^

You too, thank you for your answer. Just let me clarify this one point a bit more.
    IVs are not implemented to make pokemon rare, it was used to give the same pokemon a different strenght. Nowadays, thanks to breeding, perfect 31 Ivs on every(5+) stat are no big deal in the main game. Its just time consuming. But not as time consuming like in gen one for example, where you have to catch a million monsters until you get full ivs. And since you cant breed, catching mons with the ivs you want, with the ability and nature, takes very long.
    If you play competetive, perfect ivs are standard. An Alakazam that cant outspeed a gengar, is worthless. Also a lot electric types rely on hp ice for example, which needs a specific spread of ivs. The problem is, if you fight a real match in the game, its decided to a big part by who was luckier with catching. But the main reason to win a battle should be skill. shouldnt it? =)

Here are some little calcs:
    252 SpA Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Vaporeon: 216-254 (46.5 - 54.7%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    (0IVs) 252 SpA Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Vaporeon: 194-230 (41.8 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252+ Atk Choice Band Golem Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 408-482 (106.5 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    (0IVs) 252+ Atk Choice Band Golem Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 372-440 (97.1 - 114.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
    252 SpA Life Orb Analytic Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Alakazam: 265-312 (105.5 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    (0IVs) 252 SpA Life Orb Analytic Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Alakazam: 235-278 (93.6 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
    252 SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 206-244 (78.9 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    (0IVs in SP Def) 252 SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 242-286 (92.7 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  5. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Although we don't have breeding through egg hatching system allows players to hatch high iv pokemon and once having a look at our discord you'll see how hard our players work on getting good ivs

6. neuerdestroyer

Arent Eggs just available through purchase? Also afaik you can only hatch certain pokemon. Said item would be a simple and effective universal solution.

7. Voultronix

All pokemon that can be hatched are competitive pokemon anyway?

8. neuerdestroyer

Do you even know something about competetive? Because that statement is simply false.

However what is that an argument? You cant expect from people to pay 5-10 Dollar just to have one good Pokemon, where even then luck is involved. This is just ridiculous.

Edit: I just want to add, before someone takes this wrong, im absolouteley with you, giving eggs as a donation reward.

9. Voultronix

To be fair it is pricey but like you said it is an extra. Since we already have genders breeding won't be that far away however there is no guarantees

10. SadAtron

SadAtron Active Member

Honestly IVs and nature is what keeps you playing on the server and it gives new players something to ttrade with instead of having to buy eggs or waiting for rare pokemon to spawn