New Rule for Skyblock Server and a question about scamming on skyblock.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Leaden, Sep 30, 2017.

?

Do you want staff to take this into consideration?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. Leaden

Leaden New Member

Requesting a new rule to be made or at least taken into consideration:
    No asking for money/items excessively

There have been many times where someone, usually someone who has just started, begins to ask for money or other items. Needless to say, that's usually what happens in all servers big and small, and lots of players are fine with it, some do help out the new players others just ignore the request for items. It's a pretty common thing and not much of a big deal.

It when these players who ask for items, begin to ask repeatedly for the same thing over and over even when many people say no that it begins to get irritating. And usually, when you voice out that it's kinda bothersome that they are asking the same thing constantly, others will tell you to just ignore them. And it works, ignoring them sometimes. However, there are many times where even when players ignore the person frequently asking/begging for items the person would just keep asking, getting angry when no one gives them what they are asking for. And it's frankly gotten out of hand more than once. They bypass the spam rules by asking frequently every 5 seconds or so, not necessarily breaking the spam rule, but it is quite bothersome. Especially when such players say they won't stop asking for money until someone gives them what they want.

All im asking is for staff to think about making it a rule so people don't bother others by asking for things excessively.

Is taking someone's stuff right after joining an island then leaving considered scamming them?
    There are a few people who keep asking over and over for others to let them into their islands. Not to look around at the island or anything but to actually be a part of the island. Some examples of this would be statements like so:

"Please let me join your is" or "Can i join someones is"
    I can understand the want to be a team with someone else when you're just starting out, but request like these seem pretty shady. Most of the time when people ask this its so they can steal your stuff when you give them access to the island, they'd then leave the island with the stuff and claim it was the person's fault for adding them.

So again I ask, Is it considered scamming the person when you take stuff and leave right after joining? And how can you help prevent players from this from happening to them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

-w- Leaden -w-​

2. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

I completely agree. Begging is a serious problem on pokeworld too , and skyblock is even worse . People also ask for a ridiculous amount of money too

Leaden likes this.
  3. Larzrum

Larzrum Member

I think they should add the /ignore to skyblock. It differently will help out a lot. With those types of players.

4. Ordaine

Ordaine Member

Yes and no.
    If they are invited them to the island, you are giving them access to all of your things as well as accepting all risks that will come with it.
    So yes, I personally would consider it scamming. However, nothing can be done as it is your own fault for trusting a stranger or that person to begin with.
    *Insert pokefind is not responsible for blah blah blah*
    ^ Which I also agree with.
    Pro tip - don't add strangers to your island unless you don't care if things go missing.

I've suggested this a few times to upper staff and posted about it a few times on the forums.
    Personally I'd love to see "Annoyance" added to the list of punishable offenses.
    It's amazing how much spam, begging, and just general annoyance gets cut down by making it punishable.

Voultronix likes this.