Pokemon Suggestions for Skyblock

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LindburWolf, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LindburWolf

LindburWolf New Member

My friends and I on the skyblock servers, have been sending ideas back and forth for pokemon and their effects on the skyblock, if you have any suggestions to add to the post, please feel free!
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    !!Edit!!
    1: Machop and evolutions - Breaks ore (ore only!) you place near him with a Fortune enchantment effect.

Starts with Fortune 1, and as it evolves gains, Fortune 2 and 3.
    Reason: Spending too much time mining ore, not enough working on island.
    !!Edit!!

2: Meowth - Sells items in it's inventory (or if too difficult to tie to money system)/Converts all items to gold nuggets/ingots for selling later.

This one is due to running around like a bat out of hell trying to sell eggs, cacti, sugarcane, wheat, seeds, melon seeds, and a whole host of other items all at once, dunno bout you, but it's hard enough keeping up normally. :D !!Edit!! May not be required once 'Sell all items' option in shop is fixed.!!Edit!!

3: Squirtle (or other such pokemon) - Autofishes for you.

I attempted to build an afk fishing construct, which apparently no longer works as of Minecraft 1.11.2, to my annoyance. :(

4: Chansey - Repairs items placed inside inventory.

May not be needed so long as tools still get fixed on logout. X_X

5: Porygon (or other such pokemon) Suggested by Minidestroyer266 - Builds platforms in it's radius with blocks in it's inventory.
    (suggested Porygon because the whole 'blueprint' thing made me think artificial pokemon)
    Interesting idea, dunno if it's possible but it does sound useful for a Skyblock.

6: Mr. Mime? (not sure about this one) - Turns ingots, gems, and other such products into blocks for you.

I'm thinkin Mr. Mime with his psychic voodoo would be able to form the blocks like puzzle pieces, he seems very, puzzley.

7: Sandshrew - Produces Mesa biome products similar to Geodude's Cobblegen ability.

Sand and Clay are hard to come by, and very expensive, with this pokemon we could have a good resource of both, and he can be fairly expensive, maybe even as much as 1mil.
    _________________________________________________________________________________

And so this is currently all I can think of off the top of my head, if anyone would like to add to it, please do, or if you would like to criticise please feel free, I don't always see the detriment to my suggestions immediately!

Second suggestion is the repricing of the pokemon and evolutions.

I would like to suggest increasing the price based on the amount bought of a single pokemon, for example, you buy 1 Geodude, it costs 10k, the next one you buy costs, 15-20k, the reason for this being is that 25 Geodudes output 2 blocks each, and would cost you 250k, the price to evolve Geodude into Graveller, unless Graveller outputs 50 blocks, he will be a pointless expense, and even more so for Golem.

!Edit! Just evolved Geodude into Graveller, he gains only 1 extra block spawn, and cost 250k, this is NOT worth !Edit!

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Minidestroyer266 likes this.
  2. HexedHero

HexedHero Member

I actually love these ideas! These are very well thought! Great post! :D

3. Minidestroyer266

Minidestroyer266 New Member

LindburWolf's suggestion got me thinking, what is generally useful but time consuming for sky block? Building.

I'm suggesting a Pokemon that has the ability to build certain "blueprints" in a designated area so you don't have to spend time to do so yourself. I'm not sure how you would code this in but my idea was you clicked on the Pokemon and it brought up a chest interface - much like the shop - with the options of blueprints, evolve and needed resources.

Once you bought said Pokemon you could place him down and get blue prints from said blueprint section. This blueprint idea originated from Yogscast Sjin's farming valley series were they have something similar. To see how the blueprints would work I would suggest looking there as I do not know how to explain it in words.

The needed resources section would be were you put the blocks needed for building you want the Pokemon to build. The evolve section would obviously be to evolve it but for the boosts I had the idea of more blueprints accessible or they use less resources.

For example:
    if you wanted to expand your island you would move the Pokemon to the edge of the area and click a blueprint say a 3x3 horizontal and it would build over the void for you. Thus reducing the risk of death. You could also have a vertical 3x3 which would allow you to make walls and a floor.

I discussed this with several people on the server at the time I thought of this idea and we came to the agreement that the best pokemon for this ability would be porygon as he's artificial anyway.

4. ZombByeGod

ZombByeGod Well-Known Member

Awesome suggestions. Some of them I really like and and some could be better with a slight change :D

1) Ya something with a 3 evolution stages might be better. Maybe machamp.

2) Not too sure about this one. Selling items doesn't take that long. But if they made it so that you could run a hopper into it, then it would be totally worth it.

3) Ya they should add all the starter in and this seems like the perfect job for squirtle.

4) Chansey should cost a lot and maybe it only has 1 slot in it's inventory. Otherwise it might be OP. But they should add this after they fix the tools repairing after leaving server.

5. Minidestroyer266

Machamp for building?

6. ZombByeGod

ZombByeGod Well-Known Member

No I meant using machamp for destroying block with different amount of Fortune effects depending on its evolution stages. The lowest being fortune 1 and highest being fortune 3.

7. Minidestroyer266

That's a good idea

8. LindburWolf

LindburWolf New Member

Added some more edits, changed #1 from Onyx to Machop and his evolutions and added a couple more ideas.