[Pokewars] Stat-Display

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Helioshade, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Helioshade

Helioshade New Member

I feel that K/D is a misleading stat that encourages playing too safe and can easily be abused by spawn camping. I remember when I first started playing I used to have a K/D well above 3. That doesn't mean much though, because although I am a decent PvP'er, the wins didn't show that due to neglecting to defend, camping bridges, bow-abuse, etc. Recently, I have gone for a more aggressive approach, destroying Pokeballs asap when the opportunity arises and yet dying because of it. Yet I have found that I win MUCH more often now that I've focused the objective as opposed to killing and not dying. The objective is a big deal in every game and same with this game. Except... Stats do not show it, besides wins.

There should at least be somewhere where I can track my win/loss ratio as well as Pokeballs destroyed. I know one server in particular has both an area to check stats on the forums as well as several unofficial websites which show various statistics. I wouldn't mind it not being added to the stats displayed in the sidebar so long as I can look my objective-stats up somewhere else.

Also the kills-display in the pre-game lobby above people's heads is a bit misleading in my opinion. It only shows how good they are at PvP or how long they have been playing; it doesn't say how good they are at actually playing the objective and winning the game (although there is somewhat of a correlation between the two). It can also be abused through spawn-camping, although much less so than other game I've played. I would change that display to wins, but it is only a minor thing that won't affect much, so I wouldn't mind it staying as is.

Obviously this is only a minor thing and wouldn't affect gameplay directly, but I just want to see my own growth as I progress throughout the game. Thanks for reading, and have a good day :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. MysticDoesPvp

MysticDoesPvp Well-Known Member

First of all, don't advertise or say other server names :p
    Second of all I agree with you, there should be a leaderboard where I can check my Win/Loss ratio

3. Helioshade

Helioshade New Member

My bad; changed. Said it to prove a point, but I can see the confusion :D