Revamp of PokeWars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TopDensity, Aug 11, 2018.

1. TopDensity

TopDensity Active Member

So my personal favorite game on the network, PokeWars is quite frankly dying at the moment, I normally don't like to use the term but I really want my suggestions to sink in and hopefully come into effect to bring back the gamemode we know and love. Before I get into my suggestions I just want to state why the gamemode is in the state it is. Right now, I see updates after updates coming to the server which I love so much but none of them have been for PokeWars, if I look back at the last major update PokeWars was given was way back when they added Gen 3 pokemon to it and as good of an update it was, updates like that could have been made maybe once every 1-2 months to maintain the playerbase. Also, before that all there was the actual release of the game itself so what turned into my favorite gamemode only had two major updates, the actual release and an addition of 6 more pokemon. Carrying on, what also made players enjoy PokeWars were the events that came with it, I'm pretty sure only 2 events were ever made for PokeWars but after them I remember all different players assembling squads and practicing against other squads in hope of another event which unfortunately never came. The point I'm trying to make is not flame the Developers of PokeFind because I know how busy they are with PokeFactions but my proposal is just to work on an update after it releases implementing some of the things I list below which could create hype for PokeWorld Gen 4.

-New Spawn
    So the current spawn isn't bad itself but just making a new one would create hype to the game because I always enjoy seeing a fresh build and it would feel like PokeWars is getting a fresh start. Furthermore, when Gen 3 pokemon were added it just felt like they were crammed in among the other pokemon because the spawn was initially built for the Gen 1/2 pokemon.

-Redoing the Cosmetics/Crates System
    The current crates system to me isn't the best because it has actual lobby cosmetics mixed into PokeWars specific items and PokeMurder items even though the game was removed a while ago and just didn't really make the best combo. My suggestion would be to make a second section of crates if you will which requires gold you get from the games which has only PokeWars specific items and could be in tiers of Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary. With the other crate it would be lobby cosmetics and would cost gems to buy, not sure of the rarities for that but I'm sure that can be decided. Carrying on, making kill messages and all PokeWars cosmetics buyable for gold would allow them to be found easier, since the high tier crates are so rare to get right now, adding the kill messages, villager NPCs and any other cosmetics to be buyable for gold would make them easier to get and worth saving up for and would add different dimensions to the use of gold other than just buying pokemon. A way to make gems still useful is to make somekind of conversion rate from Gems -> Gold.

-Adding Gen 4 Pokemon
    Adding new pokemon to the game would just add more hype to the initial revamp of PokeWars and would build hype and teasers for the new PokeWorld Gen 4 assuming that comes out after the PokeWars revamp. I won't even get into the endless amount of pokemon you could add because I'm sure you could think of that yourself, while we are on the topic of pokemon, removing the Smokescreen ability from Charmander and debuffing the Flare Blitz ability is SO necessary because rn the "default" pokemon is the most overpowered in the game,

-New Maps/ Removing Old Ones
    Again, adding maps would just make the revamp even more exciting and really would add to the hype of the reset. I won't make a separate section for this but also making more events for PokeWars would be really fun as well. Finally, the map that needs to be removed is that snow themed map but honestly it's been in so long winter is almost around the corner so it actually could be quite fitting lol.

Anyways, thanks for reading and please add your suggestions below and share this thread because at the end of the day the main reason I want a revamp is just so I can play the game again without having to wait in a lobby for 30 minutes.

Pars2000 likes this.
  2. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

Sounds cool and good ideas to improve pokewars! Hopefully there are more updates upcoming for it.

3. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Pokewars will have an update in the future as they are always working on all game modes.

That being said I like the spawn and fixing chests .. but gen 4 Pokemon won't be added till gen 4 is done for pokeworld as all the models need to be publicly released before I can work on the models to do kits.

4. Pars2000

Pars2000 Crazy Active Member

I love it all! My favorite ideas are the suggestions of Gems to Gold, and a shop where you can buy specific kill messages.

5. TurtleBallistic

TurtleBallistic Member

I love the ideas! I do feel PokeWars needs something to pull more people in. Sounds good!