[Skyblock] Pokémon Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Helioshade, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Helioshade

Helioshade New Member

Introduction
    Idunno, I'm feeling bored... So here's what I do when I'm bored :D
    Keep in mind that a few of these may not be Gen 1 due to the aesthetic, which may change according to how the devs feel about the later generations. Also keep in mind that the devs are not obligated to add these; this is only my being bored and trying to have fun :D

Key
    Fully-Evolved Pokémon
    (Alternatives) - Description; why I picked said Pokémon, and how said Pokémon would be useful

General Pokémon
    Blastoise - Spawns water-living mobs. Currently we have almost all the Gen 1 starters. Almost. Blastoise is the missing link, and as its options are limited to spawning water mobs, fishing, or giving the player some underwater capabilities, I felt like opting for the former. It would allow for better Squid farms, as well as possibly spawning Guardians for a Guardian farm.

Alakazam
    (Any Psychic-type) - Attracts Mobs to where Alakazam is. Psychic as a topic has some sort of Kinesis in it, allowing for the user to move objects without physical effort. Alakazam being the iconic Psychic type takes the title. Alakazam would help by pulling Hostile Mobs from, say, a Mob gen, or by gathering together passive mobs for, say, an animal farm without a fence or Squid auto-killer.

Pigeot (Any Flying-type) - Transports items from nearby Pokémon to the closest chest. Pokémon in general are a bit annoying to deal with as they cannot be automated by means of hoppers, which are a huge necessity when it comes to automation. Pigeot would alleviate that pain and allow for people to spend more time building out as opposed to constantly re-checking their Pokémon. It would also allow for more automation and more possibilities for afk-farms.

Porygon-Z (Any man-made or industrial [Possibly Steel-type] Pokémon) - Automatically uses the left- or right-click action on the block directly in front of Porygon, with the possibility of doing so with an item. Porygon is an artificially-created Pokémon, so I felt that allotting one repetitive action would be a good fit for Porygon. Automation is a bit difficult to do for certain tasks. Fishing, ice-farming, etc. are at this point impossible to do. Porygon would allow for more-specific actions. The interface would be similar to other Pokémon but with a couple spots in a corner which signify left- or right-click as well as a primary item spot and an inventory (in the case of planting crops, fishing, and breaking blocks). It would use a GUI similar to the current shop system, with glass surrounding and marking out what goes where. You could argue that other Pokémon do Porygon's job better, but I like having a sort of all-arounder that is flexible and can do many things (as well as some things current Pokémon cannot do).

Machamp (Any Fighting-type) - Automatically compresses certain items. Now I will admit; this is not an original idea. It came from somewhere else on the forums I'm guessing, which got its way on to Skyblock chat and, eventually, into this thread. But since I'm too lazy to look it up and find it, I apologize to the person whose idea this was; if you're reading this, feel free to link to your thread and I will give you credit. Anyways, back on track. It's a simple concept; throw items (such as iron, coal, diamonds or emeralds) into Machamp's inventory, and Machamp automatically creates blocks out of said material. Currently, compressing items into blocks is a tedious task, especially with the speed that current Rhydon generators are mining at. This would alleviate the tediousness and would allow for quicker compression and less inventorying.

Snorlax (Any Grass-type) - Automatically harvests crops. At first glance, this may be a bit of a weird aesthetic; why would a giant lazy monster be harvesting crops? Well, when he's not sleeping, he's eating, and what better thing to eat than something straight out of the ground? Harvesting crops is a bit tedious as Venusaur grows them so quickly, so having something to harvest those crops when they get fully grown would be a massive help.

Cacturne - Grows cacti at an increased rate. What better Pokémon to grow cacti than an actual cactus? Currently, Cacti and Sugarcane are among the few things that Venusaur does not grow. Due to that, I present Cacturne to specialize in cactus growth. Cacturne would increase the rate at which cactus farms produce cacti... That's basically it. But hey, it's a cool concept, right?

Ludicolo - Grows Sugarcane at an increased rate. ... I mean, it's a water-grass hybrid... Sugarcane grows near water... It was the best I could think of, ok? Give me a break. The sugarcane equivalent of Cacturne, Ludicolo would increase the rate at which sugarcane farms produce sugarcane... That's it. Next.

Breloom - Automatically grows mushrooms into mushroom trees OR Automatically harvests giant mushrooms OR Automatically spawns mushrooms around Breloom . Breloom is basically a mushroom... So yeah... I may be wrong, but I don't think Venusaur grows tiny mushrooms into mushroom trees. But if it does, then Breloom's second or third ability will take effect. If Scyther cuts down mushroom trees (which I doubt, but possible), then Breloom's third Ability will take effect instead. Currently mushrooms see very little attention in terms of the Pokémon shop, so Breloom will help that little area of industry sprout.

Generation 2 Starters
    Meganium
    - Automatically plants crops. A long-awaited automation mechanic has manifested itself into Meganium. Since replanting crops is a bit of a tedious task due to Venusaur's instantly growing crops and making you feel the need to rush, something which automatically plants them would be a perfect fit. Simply fill its inventory with a plantable crop, and it will automatically plant it in nearby tilled soil. Since it is hard to facilitate planting other growables, trees, cacti, mushrooms, and sugarcane will be excluded from the list.

Typhlosion - Fills buckets with Lava. A Fire-type Pokémon's actions are pretty limited; they're either setting things on fire, smelting, or doing things with lava. Since setting things on fire can be a bit hard to facilitate and control, this is my idea for Typhlosion. Since Lava isn't a renewable resource, I felt like making it one through Typhlosion. Maybe make it require a certain amount of Cobblestone for the aesthetic effect of melting stone into lava.

Feraligatr - Automatically fishes. A simple idea since a water-type Pokémon's options are limited. Currently there is no automatic fishing, so having this would take the grind out of manual fishing. With the variety of items one can find fishing, Feraligatr would bring all the extra items to you, free of charge (besides the buy and evolution cost, of course).

Conclusion
    So yeah. Hope you enjoyed reading. I may add some more Pokémon in the future as I think of them... For now, I think I've wasted enough time on this. Have fun in Skyblock I guess :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. iwin1302

iwin1302 Active Member

Great Idea. It will be more fun to have more pokemon.

chunkforsugar likes this.
  3. chunkforsugar

chunkforsugar New Member

true

4. SpaceTurtle21

SpaceTurtle21 New Member

More pokemon would be great

5. iwin1302

iwin1302 Active Member

true :)
    100th Message.