Suggestion: Reporting Commands (/bug & /complain)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by inkventive, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkventive

inkventive Well-Known Member

If some players don't use discord they should be able to report bugs using other methods such as a /bug command; the user can type a message after this about said bug.

The bug report will also send to the devs debug/chat log and current location. (which should help resolving bugs rather than sending a screenshot)

When reporting other players /complain [playername] [reason] the chat log will also be included in this report.

2. MrWaffleFries - Chris

MrWaffleFries - Chris Crazy Active Member

Chat logs for a server of this size. Some players would abuse this bug command and with the information that's included would absolutely flood that document / be several GB large. I believe that Discord and forums work just fine.

But again this is just a suggestion, and this is my opinion. Maybe others will agree :) it's a great suggestion none the less.

3. inkventive

This could be true but ingame logs could be cleared automatically after 10 to 15 minutes? This may help reduce server latency too.

4. MrWaffleFries - Chris

Not quite sure, as I have only ever worked with Plugins. Everything the dev's here does straight coding - So I'm not sure.

5. Madara_

Madara_ Well-Known Member

This would not be that difficult to code, and there are existing plugins for this. You could export it into a log and then use a scanner to look for specific key terms to filter to.

6. MrWaffleFries - Chris

They don't use any plugins. It's all brand new code, all custom.

7. inkventive

That's pretty awesome!

8. MrWaffleFries - Chris

That's why what they do amazes me! That's why it takes them a lot longer to do things that you would think would be "easy" to do. When it's not Has to be all hard wired in and fixed up to work with everything else.

9. Madara_

Madara_ Well-Known Member

I'm not saying for them to use the plugin. I am saying that they can copy or use the code from the existing plugins to make a new and improved one

10. inkventive

That could be possible but some lines of code may not be recognized by the code in this server if it has to refer to certain lines that may have been changed.

11. DanielM

DanielM New Member

Hi I logged on skyblock this morning and I lost all my pokemon and no someone didn't steal it because there was only 2 people at my island at the time
    and the other person was confused aswell , I lost a mewtwo, 2 rhyhorns, 2 gravelers, a chikorita and 2 charmanders also I lost all my blocks of ore which made my island high level. (Is this the right pplace to send complaints)?

12. DanielM

DanielM New Member

P.S Username-SkyTheKidRS368

13. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

Thread Locked Due To Necroposting