TOP SUGGESTIONS FOR POKEFIND (Staff please read! ^-^)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 7a7, Feb 15, 2017.

?

Which of these is your FAVORITE suggestion? You can chose more than one ;)

5 vote(s)
    45.5%

2 vote(s)
    18.2%

1 vote(s)
    9.1%

3 vote(s)
    27.3%

4 vote(s)
    36.4%

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  7. One of the honorable mentions (Comment below which one!)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 7a7

7a7 New Member

Ayeee they're taking suggestions
    l e t ' s g e t s t a r t e d

1) Mystery Dealer tracking
    Here's to the people who were tricked into searching for a secret building for an hour, only to find out the secret building didn't exist. By now, you've probably heard of the mystery dealer. He/She is a rare NPC that spawns in a random city/town/village for around 5 minutes. This NPC sells the recently added Evolution stones, that are extremely hard to obtain. Thankfully, this NPC was recently made to spawn more frequently! :D But, they are still very difficult to track down. It is going around that the server also needs more bonuses for our beloved donors, so maybe they could get some way of tracking this dealer, like the poke tracker or a broadcast to the donors. Just a small idea.

2) Warp or fly system
    As a lil' nooby playing this server, I HATED getting around Kyoto. I always had to wait for someone in a certain area to be online and tpa to them. Before you get mad at this one, let me explain. I don't mean to add a way to instantly tp or fly anywhere. I was thinking either two things.
    1) A player with a flying type pokemon could /fly to ride their pokemon to a city they've previously visited.
    2) Add a purchasable warp pad that will tp you to an area you've already been to.

- I do know PokeFind is based off Pokemon Go, but it's still quite hard for new players to get around.

3) Air area?
    Okay this one is just a small one I don't expect to be considered but it's just a cool idea. Besides aether village, flying type pokemon don't really have their own area So I was maybe thinking like a city up in the sky, mainly based around bird pokemon. I know its a big thing to suggest a completely new city, but it feels like flying types were just put in aether village just to put them somewhere. Not really suggesting a new city, just a better place for flying types like who knows maybe have them flying around in the air. That'd actually be pretty cool...

4) A Pokemon League! my fav one :D
    This is one of the hardest ones to explain. I've had to reword it 3 times now. Battle city is one of my favorite cities, and I believe it has amazing potential. The number one thing I'm hoping for it to become is a pokemon league. It works similar to gyms, but it isn't team based. The four domes are the Elite Four. The domes aren't controlled by teams, but the players themselves. If another player beats an elite four member, they can chose to battle another elite four member or control that dome. If the player defeats all of the Elite Four, they can move to the Mega Dome, where they battle the champion. Now that I think about it, if there isn't a system like this, then admins could be the elite four, and Danny could be the Champion! (Danny is the Owner)
    NOTES:
    - Controlling domes would give much more valuable rewards than gyms, giving players the rough choice of controlling a dome for the rewards or leaving the elite four member with it in attempt to challenge the champion.

- ABSOLUTELY NO POKEMON CENTERS between battles. Players can only carry a max of 5 of any kind of item, and only 1 max revive. These however may be used in between battles.

IMPORTANT - I am aware that giving elite four memeber and champion titles would cause some confusion with the ELITE and CHAMP ranks. Besides underlining or Bolding elite four member or champions' names, I cant really think of anything that would tell the ranks and the titles apart. I am open to suggestions, because I got pretty stumped here...

- If Danny is not chosen as the champion, then perhaps the champion could be determined through idea #2
    \/ Down here \/

My second idea for battle city would be where they hold events/tournaments. The first tournament could be held to decide the elite four and champions, that is if staff aren't chosen as them. Rewards could include eggs, evolution stones, coins, and I was thinking a little star or trophy next to their name. I think battle city has a lot of potential. This is one of my favorite suggestions on this thread.

5) Making the server less Pay-to-Win
    One of the more important ones
    So it's been going around, and honestly I can't tell the people they're wrong, but this server does feel quite pay to win. What players have been complaining about most are eggs. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw where eggs were obtained. I think PokeFind would reel in a lot more players if we made eggs obtainable in other ways but buying them. For example, the mystery dealer could sell them (Only one egg per mystery dealer spawn), or they could be very rarely obtained through pokestops. Please note I am meaning rare eggs. Finding epic eggs in pokestops would be a little too op, I admit. A rare egg could be a weekly reward through being an elite four member, and a weekly epic egg as a champion. People are really upset about eggs only being obtainable through the store. If you're still here, thanks for reading all this. It means a lot.

6) More PC room
    You know it, I know it, we all know it. We need more PC storage space. This one is pretty self explanatory. It's hard having to chose pokemon to release so you can catch new ones. It'd be real nice if we at least got more storage as we leveled up. A second page at level 10, and 3rd page at lvl, 15, and so on.

Thanks for reading! <3
    *Here are some honorable mentions by other people. I think they're pretty good and deserve recognition too*
    - Selling in bulk (Selling multiple items at once) Thanks to NeoMc_ for this one check out his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/LuckyG1514

- Bikes (not sure how this would be added) thanks to lieutenantbeast for suggesting this
    -"MOAR POKESTOPS!!!1!one!1" - LJBezzle
    - It wouldn't work because there are only three team leaders, but it'd pretty damn cool if the team leaders were the elite four. -Me, 7a7 :D

That's all folks!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. MrWaffleFries - Chris

MrWaffleFries - Chris Crazy Active Member

Most of these are great ideas and most of them are already being developed.

Eggs will be made some type of in game reward. But you have to think, it took 6 months to develop this server. Several people have been paid and so the eggs are a great way to help support the server.

More pc space should be coming soon!

Warp system and flying is already implemented with donators.

The flying area would be cool, but we see the gen 1 flying types all over the place. There doesent need to be specific maybe in later gens we could have a new map for something like that.

The league system / battle gyms is being worked on and developed into battle city. But is going to take some time to get that worked on and organized. I would imagine there will be npcs or other players to fight. Not sure how it would work.

As for bikes - it was something disguised and passed onto a devs to see if it's actually possible.

More of slots is coming, I already know that for sure!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. 7a7

7a7 New Member

"Warp system and flying is already implemented with donators." -_- I meant for nons too. It wouldnt be op bc they could only travel to places they've been.

"The league system / battle gyms is being worked on and developed into battle city. But is going to take some time to get that worked on and organized. I would imagine there will be npcs or other players to fight. Not sure how it would work." Not sure how it would work? I suggested like 3 ways

"...are already being developed." Really? Really? Read them again. I definitely know you people arent working on #5

tbh you were real harsh on this it was just a suggestion to get some ppls opinions so devs could see what people wanted

4. MrWaffleFries - Chris

I apologize, I didnt mean to sound harsh. I was just saying that most of these things are being worked on. We have a very small team for such a large server. The server has only been live for a week. So we have to give it some time. #5 is something that happens with free to play games... Bills have to be paid sometime. But everything you get with money you can get in game!

The league system needs to be custom coded and written. We have "Gyms" but we dont have GYMS. As in the game gyms, that has to be written. Everything we have is custom coded, no plugins all recreated and made with 0010011100101010001 - so it does take some time to do things that we players think are simple.

5. Creeper100000

Creeper100000 New Member

What about pokemon like the starters and ditto? Those can be obtained only from eggs...

6. KrappDinner

KrappDinner New Member

Ditto can be found in the wild, its just rare, Creeper.

Okay as for 7a7...

MrWaffleFries' response was very informative, and entirely factual. Would it have helped if he added smileys to his every sentence? :) Btw, if anything, you're the rude one for using the "-_-" face when responding to someone who is, and has been helpful on these boards since the start of this project. Now, on to your suggestions.

1. Tracking the Mystery Man would just make the concept useless. Also, at the end of this suggestion, you say it could be another perk for donors. This coming from the person complaining about this game being "pay to win".

2. Donors have this. Deal with it. I've hit level 30, and I find it quite easy to get around the map. You can tp to any person in the server, they provide maps at each city, and the map isn't so large that it takes over 10 minutes to get to any one place. Learn the layout and you may find it easier to get around than you may think. Flying would be nice, but I'm sure it comes with its own logistical problems.

3. I like it.

4. If you check in the announcements section of the boards, theres a cool video that mentions them working toward a competitive battling system. This tells me you complain without even checking if anything is being done.

5. The game is hardly pay to win. You can find nearly all of the pokemon found in eggs out there in the wild. And I have, for the most part. A lot of them can only be found from levels 15 and up, which makes sense. If you're a fan of the original games like I am, you would know that you can't get more than one starter without trading. Note : Make starters tradeable pl0x! Also, pokemon like Snorlax and Lapras can only be found later on in the games, which is also the case here. Anyway, its normal for there to be a bit of pay to win in games, and I don't think it should be any different in this one. Especially since its a free to play game. Download an emulator and play pokemon there, they have integrated cheats so you can get all the legendaries at lvl 1. Thing is, people pay real money to help support the server and its only fair to reward them for it.

6. YES PLEASE!

The devs are working really hard on this game, they're spending time and money trying to bring us the best experience possible and they're doing a damn good job at it. Please don't diminish their efforts by complaining when the game hasn't even been up for two weeks. Yes, there are things to be worked on, and they ARE being worked on. Stop being rude, start reading up on things you don't know, and ask if nothing has been said about them, but don't bring up problems that everyone knows about already, and stop harrassing the people who are trying their best to help you.

As for the staff, keep up the good work, the game looks great already and can't wait for more! But I can wait. Cause thats what reasonable people do. They understand. Keep it up, MrWaffleFries!!

7. MrWaffleFries - Chris

It's almost like you like me .... :D

Anyways, it's like when Niantic posted Pokemon Go live, and a week later people where complaining about Gen 2... It takes time and patience. It will all work out shortly :)

8. Minutes

Minutes Active Member

Nice list! I love em all <3