Why CAN'T you trade starter Pokemon??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AGENTKILLER1432, Jul 12, 2017.

1. AGENTKILLER1432

AGENTKILLER1432 New Member

Hence the title, not being able to trade starter Pokemon really intrigues me because its locking that Pokemon to the trainer and I want to get a friend's charmander because she doesnt play anymore and is willing to give it to me. I strongly feel its pointless not allowing a players starter pokemon to not being traded. I chose squirtle because they chose charmander and I didn't want to copy but I lowkey wanted one but now I cant due to the restrictions set on trading... So can there be a change or an exception for me cos like I got a beast setup for it and I play on this server daily (Due to my boi CaptainSparklez)

I doubt theres any real good reason why but im all ears (or eyes cos I can only read what you say :) )

-Peace AGENTKILLER1432

2. _Clarky_

_Clarky_ New Member

Hey there AGENTKILLER1432, I believe that the main reason that this is disabled is so people on alts can not just choose another starter and give it to their main. As well as this, if someone decides 5 minutes later that they did not want this Pokémon, it prevents them from getting rid of it this way. There is meant to be a special connection between the trainer and their starter and we believe that in doing this we achieve this goal. Starters are very common in trading as they are abundant enough in eggs that there are lots of them, and you wouldn't have to pay too much to get one. I hope that this response can help you and if you have any more questions feel free to message me.

Voultronix likes this.
  3. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Judging by your initial message I doubt you'll consider any answers from anyone else but , like a lot of people have said - lots of people have alts and can easily avoid buying an egg by just using an alt. In the Pokemon games you're only supposed to get 1 starter. Obviously with ranks and eggs it's different but starters non the less are as still rare