Pokémon Tier List (Open to discussion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PokemonMaster601, Aug 27, 2017.

1. PokemonMaster601

PokemonMaster601 New Member

So, now that most status moves work, abilities are being implemented, and egg moves are finally accessible, I'd say that there is room to talk about the metagame of competitive battling on the server. I went ahead and made a tier list based on the main games' tier list on Smogon University, but this list is open to discussion by anyone who's played on the server. This is the list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-hVPhR0Qh8JZk2fg5wy4YvMwwdMzpJg7RVgcJN3SFWM/edit?usp=sharing

Here are the guidelines I followed:
    > Placement is based off competitive value and competitive value alone
    > Placement is based on if every pokemon was level 50 with perfect IVs, Nature, and Moveset
    > Sorting within the tier is alphabetical, as not every pokemon can be directly compared to another
    > Only the final evolution (as of gen 2) of each pokemon are considered
    > Shadow pokemon are not considered
    > It is assumed that every egg move and ability are accessible (This rule is open to change, but I didn't want to look through every pokemon's page)
    > It is assumed that every move, ability, and function works correctly (Even though some don't)
    > The arrangement of the tiers is from best to worst and goes as follows: Emerald, Diamond, Gold, Iron, Coal, then Wood

Now, I do want to clear up some misconceptions so there won't be any posts of people not understanding how a tier list works.
    1. Just because a pokemon is harder to get doesn't mean it's better. Some are, like Dragonite, but rarity doesn't equal viability.
    2. Legendaries are not always better than non-legendaries. Articuno, for example, is a terrible pokemon due to Ice type becoming the worst type once Fairy types became the counters to Dragon types.
    3. Tier lists are not based on popularity. I'm sorry if your favorite pokemon is low on the list, but please don't make a post asking it to be changed.
    Well, with all that covered, I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say about this. Please, don't hesitate to post anything, whether it be a pokemon you think should be moved or a question about the placement of a pokemon.

ItsDemo_ likes this.
  2. ToastyTunes

ToastyTunes ToastyTunes

Wow this is a really neat and helpful post! This will definetely help out a lot, keep up the good work!

3. BeyerHD

BeyerHD New Member

What make Clefable so good? I have heard people talk of it a few times

4. PokemonMaster601

PokemonMaster601 New Member

Clefable is one of (if not the) best tank in the metagame due to its amazing typing and pretty good bulk. Fairy type only has 2 weaknesses, while being immune to dragon and resistant to a handful of other types. It also has access to 2 great abilities, Magic Guard and Unaware. The former prevents any indirect damage, such as toxic or sandstorm damage, and the latter allows Clefable to ignore stat buffs on opponents pokemon (Clefable with unaware will take and deal damage from/to a Mewtwo that has used Calm Mind 6 times as if Mewtwo never used it at all). Finally, Clefable has access to a wide variety of moves to help with coverage, like flamethrower, blizzard, or grass knot along with many supporting moves like stealth rock, wish, heal bell, or encore. Overall, it is a very good defensive pokemon that can sweep with calm mind, support, or tank hits. Also, it is a counter to Dragonite, who is seen a lot.

BeyerHD likes this.
  5. BeyerHD

BeyerHD New Member

Cool thanks, iv been levelling mine up and has been good fun once you get a good move set.