Pokemon Breeding - Egg groups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Innovator94, Nov 15, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Innovator94

Innovator94 New Member

Hey trainers! I've decided to make my first informative post on these forums about egg groups. I have no idea whether or not a post like this already exists but I guess I'll take a go at it anyway! :D

Note: if two Pokemon aren't in the same egg group and you attempt to breed them within Pokefind you may find that your tokens have gone missing. Also to find your Pokemon quickly press ctrl + f and type in the name of your Pokemon. If I'm missing any please let me know in the comments. Finally, the Pokemon are in Pokedex order.

Egg groups determine whether or not two Pokemon can breed and what moves the offspring will have. Two Pokemon in the same egg group will be able to breed. Pokemon can belong to up to 2 egg groups. These egg groups are split up into 15 categories.

• Human-like
    • Monster
    • Water 1
    • Water 2
    • Water 3
    • Bug
    • Mineral
    • Ditto
    • Flying
    • Amorphous
    • Field
    • Fairy
    • Grass
    • Dragon
    • Gender Unknown
    • Undiscovered
    The Human-like egg group contains Pokemon that look like humans as they have arms, stand on two feet and can move objects with their arms. This egg group contains the following Pokemon

Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Drowzee, Hypno, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Mr Mime, Jynx Electabuzz, Magmar, Hitmontop, Makuhita, Hariyama, Sableye, Meditite, Medicham, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda, Cacnea and finally Cacturn

The Monster egg group contains some of the strongest and well-known Pokemon. Most of them look as though they're reptilian or mammals. This egg group contains the following Pokemon

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venasaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Nidoran(s), Nidorino, Nidoking, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Rhydon, Rhyhorn, Lapras, Cubone, Marowak, Lickitung, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Mareep, Flaafy, Ampharos, Slowking, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar. Treeko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Aaron, Lairon, Aggron and finally Tropius

The water 1 egg group contains water and "fish-like" Pokemon. They're quite a simple group not much to them. This egg group contains the following Pokemon

Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Psyduck, Golduck, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Seel, Dewgong, Horsea, Seadra, Lapras, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Marill (Hey Jadyns), Azumarill, Politoed, Wooper, Quagsire, Slowking, Corsola, Remoraid, Octillery, Delibird, Mantine, Kingdra, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Wingull, Pelipper, Surskit, Masquerain, Corphish, Crawdaunt, Deebas, Milotic, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss and finally Relicanth.

Water 2 is pretty much a Water 1 extra.This egg group contains the following Pokemon

Goldeen, Seaking, Magikarp, Gyarados, Chincou, Lantern, Qwilfish, Remeraid, Octillery, Carvahna, Sharpedo, Wailmer, Wailord, Relicanth, Barboach, Whiscash and finally Luvdisc.

Water 3 is the same. This egg group contains the following Pokemon

Tentacool, Tentacruel, Shellder, Cloyster, Krabby, Kingler, Staryu, Starmie, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Corsola, Corphish, Crawdaunt, Lileep, Cradily, Anorith and finally Armaldo.

The bug egg group consists of bug type Pokemon/arthropods. This egg group contains the following Pokemon

Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Paras, Parasect, Venonat, Venomoth, Scyther, Pinsir, Ledyba, Ledian, Spinarak, Ariados, Yanma, Pinco, Forretress, Gligar, Scizor, Shuckle, Heracross, Wurmple, Silcoon, Beautifly, Cascoon, Dustox, Surskit, Masquerain, Nincada, Ninjask, Volbeat, Illumise, Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, Skorupi and finally Drapion.

The mineral egg group consists of Pokemon that look like ore, rock type Pokemon or Pokemon that contain ore within them. This egg group contains the following Pokemon.

Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Magnemite, Magneton, Onix, Voltorb, Electrode, Proygon, Sudowoodo, Steelix, Porygon 2, Shedinja, Nosepass, Lunatone, Solrock, Baltoy, Claydoll, Snorunt, Glalie, Beldum, Metang and finally Metagross.

The Ditto egg group consists of one Pokemon spoiler alert: Ditto. It can breed with any Pokemon and any gender outside of the Undiscovered egg group (more on that later).

The flying egg group mainly consists of birds and flying types. This egg group contains the following Pokemon.

Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Spearow, Fearow, Zubat, Golbat, Farfetch'd, Doduo, Dodrio, Aerodactyl, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Crobat, Togetic, Natu, Xatu, Murkrow, Skarmory, Tailow, Swellow, Wingull, Pelipper, Swablu and finally Altaria.

The Amorphous egg group consists of Pokemon with irregular body shapes. This egg group contains the following Pokemon.

Grimer, Muk, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Koffing, Weezing, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Slugma, Magcargo, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevior, Gulpin, Swalot, Castform, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops and finally Chimeco.

The Field egg group is the largest egg group in the game. This egg group contains the following Pokemon.

Rattata, Raticate, Ekans, Arbok, Pikachu, Raichu, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Nidoran, Nidorino, Nidoking, Vulpix, Ninetales, Diglett, Dugtrio, Meowth, Persian, Psyduck, Golduck, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Ponyta, Rapidash, Farfetch'd, Seel, Dewgong, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Tauros, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Sentret, Furret, Mareep, Flaafy, Ampharos, Wooper, Quagsire, Aipom, Espeon, Umbreon, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Snubull, Granbull, Sneasel, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Swinub, Pilowine, Delibrd, Houndour, Houndoom, Phanphy, Donphan, Stantler, Smeargle, Miltank, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Poochyene, Mightyena, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftree, Slakoth, Vigoroth, Slaking, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Skitty, Delcatty, Mawile, Electrike, Manectric, Wailmer, Wailord, Numel, Camerupt, Torkoal, Spoink, Grumpig, Spinda, Zangoose, Seviper, Kecleon, Absol, Spheal (Hi Prok), Sealeo and finally Walrein

The Fairy egg group consists of "cute" Pokemon. :) This egg group contains the following Pokemon.

Pikachu, Raichu, Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Togetic, Marill (oh hi again Jadyns), Azumarill, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Snubull, Granbull, Blissey, Shroomish, Breloom, Skitty, Delcatty, Mawhile, Plusle, Minun, Roselia, Castform, Snorunt and Glalie

The Grass egg group consists of grass type Pokemon... This egg group contains the following Pokemon.

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venasaur, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Paras, Parasect, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebell, Execute, Exeggutor, Tangela, Chikorita, Bayleef, Magenium, Bellossom, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Sunkern, Sunflora, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Shroomish, Breloom, Roselia, Cacnea, Cacturne, Tropius.

The Dragon egg group consists of Dragon looking and typed Pokemon. This egg group contains the following Pokemon.

Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Ekans, Arbok, Horsea, Seadra, Magikarp, Gyarados, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Kingdra, Treeko, Grobyle, Sceptile, Swablu, Altaria, Seviper, Feebas, Milotic, Bagon, Shelgon and Salamence.

The gender unknown egg group consists of Pokemon without a gender. They can only breed with a Ditto. This egg group contains the following Pokemon.

Magnemite, Magneton, Voltorb, Electrode, Staryu, Stramie, Porygon, Porgyon 2, Shedinja, Lunatone, Solrock, Baltoy, Claydol, Beldum, Metang and Metagross.

The final egg group is the Undiscovered egg group. This egg group consists of Pokemon that Can not, under any circumstances, breed. This egg group contains the following Pokemon.

Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltes, Mewtwo, Mew, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Unown, Tyrouge, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Azurill, Wynaut, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi and finally Deoxys.

If you made it to the end you are my hero <3 thank you so much for reading through this! Also, if egg learnt moves are a thing I'll do a guide on that too!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    kdrshv likes this.
  2. kdrshv

kdrshv Active Member

Hey,
    this post can be usefull to some guys but in my opinion you need to add some colors and edit a bit the format. Make more obvious the titles off each group and etc...

3. Innovator94

Innovator94 New Member

Thanks for the feedback! I've tried to implement this best I can. If you have anything else please let me know!

kdrshv likes this.