Ability Capsule on Synergized Shadows

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ItsDeMod_, May 30, 2018.

1. ItsDeMod_

ItsDeMod_ New Member

Description: Ability capsules are unusable on Synergized Shadow Pokemon. It gives you the message: "You can not use this on Shadow Pokemon!" I get why you would disable ability capsules on regular shadows, to prevent reverse mode from being removed, but I'm not sure if it is still meant to be a feature/limitation once Reverse Mode is removed through Synergy. In this case, I was trying to make my change the ability on my Shadow Aggron from Sturdy to Rock Head.

When: 5/30/2018

Video proof if needed:

2. ShootingFor3

ShootingFor3 Manager / Jedi Master Staff Member Manager Staff Manager Support Manager

Hello ItsDeMods_,

I assume this is not a bug however because you cannot use ability capsules on Shadows. Synergizing does not stop the Pokemon from being Shadow. Whatever ability it gets is most likely the one you will be stuck with. Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of not being able to use it on Shadow Pokemon in the first place.

3. ItsDeMod_

ItsDeMod_ New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you assuming I'm saying it's a glitch that you can't use ability capsules on any Shadows? I fully understand why you would make that a thing, I'm just confused as to why the server would prevent the usage of capsules on Shadows that have been Synergized and thus no longer have Reverse Mode.

4. ShootingFor3

ShootingFor3 Manager / Jedi Master Staff Member Manager Staff Manager Support Manager

Well this is in bug reports, making it a bug being reported. The reason they prevent it is because it's still considered a Shadow Pokemon which was coded to not be able to use an ability capsule. Changing it to what you are saying would have to change the code for Shadows which I don't know if they can do that. Only a Dev in charge of the Pokemon Coding would have access to change it if it is possible.

5. ShootingFor3

I recommend suggesting it though if you have not already. That would be a better place rather than bug reports. Plus it would have a higher chance of being seen as a good idea to add and make it happen.

6. ItsDeMod_

ItsDeMod_ New Member

I see. Thanks!