Ability Not changed through Eeveeloution

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Therobodavo, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Therobodavo

Therobodavo New Member

Description:
    Just noticed that when my eevee evolved into a jolteon, it didn't switch abilities. From what I understand, if an eevee had the ability "adaptability", a jolteon should have "volt absorb". I just noticed this, and I double checked to see that every pokemon site shows jolteon only being able to have 2 different abilities, not adaptability like eevee.

I also know abilities aren't implemented yet, but I feel like pokemon at least having the ability they should have is important for everything to at least be correct pokemon-wise.

When it happened (date/time): 4/2/2017 (April 2nd)

Location (server number): Server 28

Screenshot/Video proof (if required): none, as this is pretty straight forward.

Also I assume this is known since so many people have jolteons and what not, but I don't know if they have the correct ability if obtained through an egg.

2. DominicBridge

DominicBridge New Member

Hmm, this is an interesting point and one I hadn't thought of.

Like you said, abilities are not implemented yet, and I think next to nothing about them is. So thats probably why. It will come up in the future though :)

3. Therobodavo

Therobodavo New Member

Ya, after posting this I realized any pokemon that have different abilities before they evolve (magikarp -> gyarados) don't actually get new abilities. Gyarados has swift swim... stuff like that. My only concern is whenever they implement abilities, existing pokemon will have the incorrect abilities. I know they could just do a check to see if they have the prior ability, then just change it to the new one, but idk how difficult that is to do based on how they have everything set up.

I thought Eeveeloutions were different, but I guess it's for other pokemon too.