Chinese New Year Skins in Pokemon World

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by aKaTaZ_, Jan 1, 2018.

?

Do you support the concept of CNY Skins?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. aKaTaZ_

aKaTaZ_ New Member

Dear all,

Hi there.

Since Chinese New Year is coming around the corner during Feburary, I am suggesting that PokeFind should add Chinese New Year Skins to most Dragon-type /Dragon-like Pokes in-game. For instance, a Chinese New Year Gyrados would have a red and green color-way as shown below.

[​IMG]
    Chinese New Year Gyrados Concept

I truly believe that more Pokes should also have the same Chinese New Year Skin Concept.

A List Of Pokes I think should get a Chinese New Year Skin:

- Gyrados
    - Dragonite
    - Salamence
    - Charizard
    - Rayquaza
    - Tyranitar

...more could be added to the list. Please help by suggesting more Pokes, I will keep the list up to date...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    ToastyTunes likes this.
  2. Prokopis

Prokopis Active Member

I quite like the suggestion but it is not a worldwide celebration and it would also ruin the Celebration eggs uniqueness if more and more eggs came out like these.

3. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

I agree. However neither is thanks giving but in all fairness the server is American based

4. ToastyTunes

ToastyTunes ToastyTunes

It would be fun to have a chinese themed Pokémon although as others mention, it's not really a worldwide celebration :confused: I still like the idea though!

5. Unit

Unit New Member

Tbh I feel like it should be added since you brought up worldwide celebrations. Christmas And Thanksgiving also isn't really a worldwide celebration like i don't celebrate christmas or thanksgiving. i love the the idea of CNY Pokemons tho.

6. Roanark

Roanark New Member

I'm just going to point this out there, but if it's eggs based on the Chinese New Year, then it should have more than just skins for dragon looking Pokemon. Yes Dragon's are a major aspect of Chinese culture and mythology, but there's a lot more creatures/animals that are also feature heavily, especially in terms of the Chinese New Year.

In particular with the Chinese New Year there's also the Chinese Zodiac and it's 12 animals; the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig. This upcoming New Year will be the end of the Year of the Rooster and beginning of the Year of the Dog.

[​IMG]

To make some recommendations on potential Pokemon that could fit the different Zodiac Animals (while still being within Gens 1-3);
    • Rat: Rattata/Ratticate, Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu, Marill, Plusle, Minum
    • Ox: Tauros, Camerupt
    • Tiger: Arcanine, Raikou
    • Rabbit: Wigglytuff, Azumarill, Nidoran(M & F), Plusle, Minum
    • Dragon: All the Pokemon the OP listed
    • Snake: Ekans/Arbok, Onix/Steelix, Dunsparce, Seviper, Milotic
    • Horse: Ponyta/Rapidash, Girafarig
    • Goat: Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos
    • Monkey: Mankey/Primeape, Aipom
    • Rooster: Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken
    • Dog: Growlithe/Arcanine, Snubbull/Granbull, Houndour/Houndoom, Smeargle, Poocheyna/Mightyena, Electrike/Manectric, Raikou, Entei, Suicune
    • Pig: Swinub/Piloswine, Spoink/Grumpig
    Also, because it's skins, other Pokemon could just be made to look like a Zodiac Animal. Like a tiger-stripe Persian, a Pidgeot that looks like a rooster, or a Tyranitar that's white and has bunny ears lol.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    aKaTaZ_, sral, Unit and 1 other person like this.
  7. ToastyTunes

ToastyTunes ToastyTunes

:O epic explaination!

8. AsianBoi

AsianBoi New Member

I 100% support this idea love it! When this comes out imma go full out p2w lol..... I’m gonna get a job brb

aKaTaZ_ likes this.
  9. aKaTaZ_

aKaTaZ_ New Member

Me too man! I really like this idea! Like imagine the concept of Xmas Tyranitar! He is going to be a BLAST!!!

10. AsianBoi

AsianBoi New Member

xD I still haven’t got a job but still I’m too young anyway lol

11. XD001ShadowLugia

XD001ShadowLugia Active Member

BEST IDEA EVER (not realy)