Pokewars - Abilities Breakdown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _Clarky_, Aug 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Clarky_

_Clarky_ New Member

Hey guys! This guide should hopefully shed light on each kit and all of their abilities within the Pokéwars mini-game.

Abilities are an unique PVP mechanic and will help in many different situations within the game. You purchase an ability from the weapons tab in the shop with prices adjusted to each. Once you have your ability, you will need to charge it up in any of the following ways:

- Hitting opponents
    - Kills and Final Kills
    - Breaking opponents Pokéballs

Charge will be kept after death and will be reset to 0% once the ability has been used. Each Pokémon has 3 unique abilities, so you will never have the same experience with them. They fall under 4 categories; Next hit, Area of Effect, Buff/De-buff and Special.

- Next Hit moves are abilities which will drastically increase the damage output of your player either in a single hit, or over a period of time. An example would be Flamethrower for Charmander, fall under this category and will deal 4.5 of direct damage to the opponent on use.

- AOE moves are abilities which impact an area of effect around the user with many implications including damage, knock-back, and negative potion effects. An example of this would be Dark Pulse for Ghastly which will deal knock-back 2 to all players that are within a set radius around it.

- Buff / De-buff moves are abilities which will apply a potion effect to either the user or an opponent on use. There are many different variations including moves which heal the user, give resistance and even give an enemy blindness.

- Special moves are very unique moves which aren't seen on any other Pokémon. They cover abilities which grant the user items on use and even a dash mechanic on Scyther!

This guide will give a full explanation on each of the abilities, including their costs and descriptions, allowing you to plan out which kit would be best for you, and what abilities you want to include in your game.

2. MysticDoesPvp

MysticDoesPvp Well-Known Member

Nice thread ;D, definitely will clear up the confusion on how PokeWars work. Keep up the good work as the new Admin man ;D

Limdow likes this.
  3. Aleexxx_

Aleexxx_ New Member

Very helpful thank you

Limdow likes this.
  4. xArcuz

xArcuz Active Member

Great post Clarky! Its appreciated that you took your time to make this doc :D

Limdow likes this.
  5. dombatt1

dombatt1 Active Member

This is such a helpful post Clarky :D. Thanks!

Limdow likes this.
  6. WizDoom

WizDoom New Member

Could we get information of each ability on each pokemon so we wont have to blindly buy them and hope for the best,
    ty.

Limdow likes this.
  7. Limdow

Limdow New Member

This is very helpful. Thank you for taking your time in making this post!

8. Johnatan

Johnatan New Member

Very good. Expect in example in Pikachu you dont say what the thunder does. just that it spawns thunder. Also would be nice to know about Weedle King because I dont know to save for Mewtwo or Weedle king.

9. Nichosky

Nichosky New Member

Can you please explain into further detail how Charmander’s SmokeScreen works? I’ve used it before but enemies still saw me running around and they were able to attack me although I didn’t attack at all. Also, I don’t understand what you mean by prices for abilities.

10. Jadyns

Jadyns Crazy Active Member

Hello Nichosky basically, the Charmanders smokescreen has a chance to dodge a hit, so the times you used it the ability may have failed to achieve its goal of hiding you from the other players. Also, for the purchasable abilities, they are there for upgrading the ability you already have on the Pokemon you chose to enter PokeWars with. I hope this explained a bit better, and if you have anymore questions or concerns, feel free to message me on here or on discord.

Nichosky and ShootingFor3 like this.
  11. ShootingFor3

ShootingFor3 Manager / Jedi Master Staff Member Manager Staff Manager Support Manager

Thread Locked.