(Wispen's Suggestions) Generation 2 Implimentation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Wispen, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Wispen

Wispen New Member

2nd Generation:
    I'm aware many people obviously want this as an update, and it is most likely going to be added in the future.

I'm not sure how it is planned on being implemented but I'd like to suggest adding a new region the player must travel to in order to access the 2nd Generation of Pokemon, rather than mixing in the 2nd Gen spawns with the 1st Gen ones.

I personally think the best way to implement this is to require the player to complete 90%+ of there 1st Generation Pokedex, which will give them access to traveling to a new region. Traveling to the new Region doesn't reset the player in anyway, and 2nd gen pokemon can be brought back to the 1st region. However 2nd Generation Pokemon cannot be traded to players that have yet to unlock the new region.

This will add more incentive to catch all of the Pokemon on the server, as well as add a new goal for players to reach, so they can travel and explore a new Region.

I know building an entire 2nd island/region for the new generation of Pokemon would be much more work than just tossing the new generation in with the 1st, however I think it would be well worth it, and players much more content to work with, as well as more of a challenge to obtain the next generation.

I'm sure the developers already have idea's on how to add the new Pokemon, I just really hope they don't mix the new generations in with the previous ones.

2. Vexling

Vexling New Member

I like the idea for a new map for gen 2. I dont however like the idea of needing 90% of the pokedex completed because even though "gotta catch them all" is the slogan for pokemon..its not eveyones gaming style. I for one could care less about catching them all. It's all about battling and exploring new places. Our pokedex should have nothing to do with where we can travel.

3. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

I feel like it would be a good idea but the map took well over to build originally and is still modified now and then

4. Vexling

Vexling New Member

Pull in a team of builders that know how to work together with a sketch/blueprint to go off of..maybe about 4-5 ppl that really KNOW how to build landscapes and you could have a completed map this size in under a week. Watching for 2 block drops that people can get stuck in also isnt that hard if you start from scratch and don't use map editors like MC Edit. This doesn't count for buildings/trees etc. But even adding all that in..again with a decent build team. 2-3 weeks tops.

5. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

To be fair it is possible with they resources they have they must of made over half a million dollars by now

6. Vexling

Vexling New Member

Oh I'm for sure. They are definitely making some decent bank. I'm not going to guess numbers cause who knows other than them. But yea. Pokemon is a money maker for sure.