Tips for new players!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asher, Jun 9, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Asher

Asher New Member

I just wanted to make a thread with some good tips for new players. If you believe any of these are false or I should add something, just tell me. None the less, if you are just starting out, I would strongly recommend reading this.

1. The higher level you get, the rarer Pokemon you will see.

2. Stones can be found at the mystery man, you can get them for gym rewards, and find them at pokestops.

3. The chances of finding a stone at a pokestop are 1/100.

4. Pikachu is most common in amp city, and around there.

5. Eevees are found everywhere, just quite rare.

6. You MUST be level 10 to trade.

7. The fastest way to level up is to battle pokemon

8. Based on the terrain you are in, you will find pokemon that fit that terrain.

9. You can nickname your pokemon by buying a rank using /buy. Cheapest rank is 9.99 USD

10. Doing /vote and /rewards is very helpful, they give you tokens and coins and if your lucky, you can get a very rare pokemon.

11. Tokens and coins can buy you stuff at pokeshops.

12. Bikes are a really fast way to get around, they cost 350 tokens.

13. If you feel like you keep seeing the same pokemon, level up fast so you see better and new ones.

14. At level 5 you get to join 1 of 3 teams, mystic, valor, or instinct.

15. When it comes to gyms, this game is similar to pokemon go.

16. To find a pokemon center, just do /spawn then look to your right. They are also in EVERY town.

17. If you ever want to get to someone, just do /tpa (Their in game name)

18. Once you are level 5, you will start to have a lot of fun with the game.

19. If you need help, there is staff everywhere and they are always willing to help.

20. To challenge someone just throw the pokemon at them and if they accept you will battle.

I hope this was helpful. Have a nice day! :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Jadyns, lego10001 and Tacoman like this.
  2. Jadyns

Jadyns Crazy Active Member

Amazing post Asher, I will definitely be linking this to players since it will help a lot of beginning players! My only suggestion would be to maybe space it out or make some things bolded or highlighted to make it more organized if that makes sense, none the less great post :)

3. Asher

Asher New Member

Thanks, glad you like it, I tried to organize it better. Anyway, I hope new people find this helpful and thanks for the nice feedback. :)

kdrshv likes this.
  4. kmmooney_

kmmooney_ New Member

this really helped thanks. also i got 2 leaf stones and 1 fire stone but i have no idea what to do with them lol any ideas

5. Asher

Asher New Member

Yeah, you can wait to use them on a pokemon. You can also sell them to mystery man. Also, you can just sell them to people who will give you items and pokemon for it. I recommend you sell a stone for 64 ultra balls.

6. xReedEsx

xReedEsx New Member

It says you can get Bikes for tokens.. Where do I buy Bikes at? I have 3 tokens so far, but when I get that many, where do I go?

7. ItzMarco

ItzMarco The King / Ex Staff Manager

There is a bike shop at Chromium where you can purchase all bikes except Z-Bike
    Also, very nice tip list Asher!

8. Asher

Asher New Member

Thank you.

9. Andi

Andi New Member

Wow, thanks for the post! It's really great for beginners who have just started Pokéfind! This would have been handy when I started playing PokéFind, but I never really knew about the forums until I was Trainer Level 10-11.

10. SadAtron

SadAtron Active Member

I would love for this post to be pinned to #help in discord so I could link it to them easily